Quote from: Freemala Harris on October 15, 2020, 12:31:48 PM
I'm sorry but the ment entrance slayed me

This oscar OWT

Completely captured the vibe of goderline live :gorlonfire:

This " Silent Hill" demon nurse twitch tho  :omgwatshappening:

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: lovechild on October 15, 2020, 02:50:20 PM
Quote from: ptyytyme on October 15, 2020, 01:59:42 PM
I'm so happy to see her getting all this love again. I hope she's soaking it all in because she deserves!!!

!!

Glad her talent is finally being more widely recognized. I'm sure she feels validated af right now

Bruce

Sovereign.

Everything in her life is leading up to this moment. I love her so much. She's grown so much as a performer and clearly in a class of her own vocally. Many duplicate, but she's the cornerstone. 

Sovereign.

Who cares about the lipped performance? I actually wanted more "Borderline". 

Bruce

Quote from: RAY7 on October 15, 2020, 03:30:20 PM
Quote from: Bruce on October 15, 2020, 03:08:24 PM
Did she lip synch the first two songs?
Did Monica?

Monica would never. I love Brandy, but I think its hard to really go up for pre-recorded vocals. I know she's an amazing vocalist, but its hard for me to validate these titles given to her when she will lip synch at the drop of a dime.

When we think about the greatest vocalist of all times, its very rare for them to ever lip synch. Minus Mariah of course, but look where that has gotten her.

Le Champ

Quote from: Bruce on October 15, 2020, 03:35:40 PM
Did Monica?

Monica would never. I love Brandy, but I think its hard to really go up for pre-recorded vocals. I know she's an amazing vocalist, but its hard for me to validate these titles given to her when she will lip synch at the drop of a dime.

When we think about the greatest vocalist of all times, its very rare for them to ever lip synch. Minus Mariah of course, but look where that has gotten her.

It's still her voice tho so I'm not sure how that invalidates her ability as a vocalist  :plzstop:
We've all heard her sing live and she still shits.
Monica sounds awful in the studio and live.
Brandy would never.

Bigmacthawoppa

Did Monica?

Micheal Watson

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Lee on October 15, 2020, 03:39:12 PM
Did Monica?

It%u2019s still her voice tho so I%u2019m not sure how that invalidates her ability as a vocalist  :plzstop:
We%u2019ve all heard her sing live and she still shits.
Monica sounds awful in the studio and live.
Brandy would never.

Yeah but I think it's really hard to go all the way up and suspend disbelief when the sync is so obviously off. I personally don't mind her lip syncing if the pre-record is on point and she's able to match the cues. Otherwise it looks sloppy and unprofessional. And for borderline of this performance even though the vocal pre-record sounded good her sync was very off. that doesn't bother some people and others it does and I think both are fine.

Bigmacthawoppa

And let's be honest, if Monica came out in that outfit twitching like Halle Berry in Gothica we'd all be reading her for filth, so it's all very subjective  :dead:

ptyytyme

Pre-recorded vocals are standard in the industry, especially at big events like award shows. Y'all act so dramatic about it for no reason.