M O N I C A - Ack! You wanna talk about a slay???

Started by Young, June 27, 2015, 05:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rxxf

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on January 16, 2019, 08:38:56 AM
Yeah, it may not be 2004 but people need something to latch onto. If Bran ever wanted to just throw music at us with nothing to assist it, I?d tell her to keep it.

The whole 90s roll out model is dead, I totally get that. But people should at least see you as the artist make a marketing effort. Whether that?s a Breakfast club interview, a new look, or late night spot. Something!

Truth is if Monica would?ve saved this new approach to fashion and photography for when she had new music to match that alone would?ve been enough to gain some excitement. Being as tho it?s more of the same, even the visual look boring and uninspired.

Bran luckily has TV to kinda bounce off of, and hopefully she will reveal a new look and some professional photography when she is ready to release. Bran can typically snag a few good interviews too.

This isn't about Brandy tho, no shade.
BRANDY

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: Rxxf on January 16, 2019, 09:32:47 AM
Quote from: GYNandTONIC on January 16, 2019, 08:38:56 AM
Yeah, it may not be 2004 but people need something to latch onto. If Bran ever wanted to just throw music at us with nothing to assist it, I?d tell her to keep it.

The whole 90s roll out model is dead, I totally get that. But people should at least see you as the artist make a marketing effort. Whether that?s a Breakfast club interview, a new look, or late night spot. Something!

Truth is if Monica would?ve saved this new approach to fashion and photography for when she had new music to match that alone would?ve been enough to gain some excitement. Being as tho it?s more of the same, even the visual look boring and uninspired.

Bran luckily has TV to kinda bounce off of, and hopefully she will reveal a new look and some professional photography when she is ready to release. Bran can typically snag a few good interviews too.

This isn't about Brandy tho, no shade.

U might want to tell that to the others who?ve mentioned Bran in this thread, cause I?m not the first. No shade

b7

Quote from: Kode Red on January 16, 2019, 06:30:33 AM
I'm trying to see what yall expect. This is not that fake eOne kind of independent. This is real deal DAWN type independent. Just Mon, her crew, and her own money. Plus this is her first time going thru the independent motions.
i doubt that will last. I can see her joining some kind of imprint

Eone is still independent. u gotta do the bulk of the work

Distribution isn?t even a thing anymore cuz stores don?t sell CDs

Scott.

Quote from: this sounds like Sl? to the stage on January 16, 2019, 12:12:41 AM
Quote from: jtwoeleven on January 15, 2019, 11:44:18 PM
I heard it on the radio today at the gas station in someone else?s car. I was gonna switch stations to listen. Is it only being played on a certain format?

Are you expecting this to be a multi format smash?

The RnB singers are lucky if urban even plays their song and they don?t have to rely on the limited airplay urban AC offers.

!!!!!!

VirgoMind

Quote from: 1RIG on January 16, 2019, 10:02:31 AM
I'm trying to see what yall expect. This is not that fake eOne kind of independent. This is real deal DAWN type independent. Just Mon, her crew, and her own money. Plus this is her first time going thru the independent motions.

!!! EOne really just pays for recording cost and the basics. Promo, videos etc usually comes out of the pocket of the artist. They basically help you record the album but, you have to push it.

b7

Quote from: VirgoMind on January 16, 2019, 01:51:51 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on January 16, 2019, 10:02:31 AM

!!! EOne really just pays for recording cost and the basics. Promo, videos etc usually comes out of the pocket of the artist. They basically help you record the album but, you have to push it.
:dead:  right

VirgoMind

Quote from: MARS. on January 16, 2019, 02:11:48 PM
Queen is paying for everything

I?m sure her ?cousins? gave her the family discount here and there

b7

VirgoMind

Quote from: MARS. on January 16, 2019, 02:35:27 PM
hey virgo who do you stan for lolz

Brandy and Brandy only...
Fan of Monica.

Feel free to proceed lol

Gilgamesh.

As good as she's looked lately I don't know why they went with that cover.

b7

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on January 16, 2019, 03:32:29 PM
ffffggg they literally had thousands of pics to choose from in just the last 9 days alone. Thousands

GLOCK

Quote from: 1RIG on January 16, 2019, 03:34:38 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on January 16, 2019, 03:32:29 PM
ffffggg they literally had thousands of pics to choose from in just the last 9 days alone. Thousands
:plzstop:
I?m so embarrassed at that cover
And she looks like she has to shit