I’m convinced this Nicki girl is really a lunatic

Started by HUGO, July 05, 2019, 02:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aalumeci.

Quote from: i ain't sadiddy! on July 05, 2019, 09:00:27 PM
Quote from: L0NZ. on July 05, 2019, 08:58:44 PM
Quote from: i ain't sadiddy! on July 05, 2019, 08:55:23 PM
My whole point was that there is some LOGIC to someone wanting to see the original artistic representation of the character mirrored in the real life version. That's all.

I don't think that's wrong. It's pretty common knowledge which is why companies generally seek human beings who look like their cartoons to play the role.

huh
When you go to DisneyLand and look at Cinderella...does she look like Cinderella in the cartoon or Cinderella's half sister from Puerto Rico

If someone were to cast a man to play JAX from Mortal Kombat. Would they hire Daquan or Zack?

They hire these people based on the assumed consumer expectation.

And it is a reasonable expectation that the real life version be true to what is presented in the BRANDING of that character. Make sense?

oh nah I forgot this was going on in 2 threads. I thought you were in the wrong mess.

fedswatchin

GLOCK

Quote from: i ain't sadiddy! on July 05, 2019, 08:53:50 PM
Quote from: glock on July 05, 2019, 08:48:08 PM
Quote from: i ain't sadiddy! on July 05, 2019, 08:37:28 PM
Quote from: glock on July 05, 2019, 08:31:51 PM
Quote from: i ain't sadiddy! on July 05, 2019, 08:27:30 PM
Quote from: glock on July 05, 2019, 08:23:12 PM
Quote from: i ain't sadiddy! on July 05, 2019, 08:20:33 PM
That actually seems to be a pretty popular assumption on here.

"Afro knows he is wrong but he is fucking with us by sticking to his mess!"

There are plenty of times where I'm on the same page with you guys on certain topics.
When I first came into that Mermaid thread, I was saying how happy I was to see that young Black girls will see this in 2019.
Just like everyone else.

I didn't burst in there on some "Ya'll say ya'll happy. Well, watch dis! Imma say I'm NOT. Fuck that Black ho and Disney for picking ha! Hmph! What up fags! Lets GO!"

However, as the thread progressed people shared negative teas and I spoke my opinion on that. And that's where it went left.
I didn't come in there with an intention to be edgy. So it's kinda offensive and unfair for someone to assume I did.
(Unless I'm just blatantly trolling. And ya'll should know by now when I'm doing that. sdsdsd It's VERY fucking obvious.)
I hear u and I got u.
I'm chilling.

That's what u felt in that thread and that's ur right.
I just thought after all the work u did to become aware of ur blackness would incite a different view on that topic.
But again that is ur right and ima leave it alone boo
But this has nothing to do with my personal "Blackness".

Me calling for us to have some understanding of why people may have a "flawed" outlook?
If anything it speaks to the empathy I have for others who may not have gone on a journey themselves yet. Who may not be fully aware of why they see things a certain way.

If anything it makes perfect sense for me to be their advocate to some degree.

Is it more helpful to try and have a conversation with them?
Or call them a coon, be done with them and toss them to the trash? If the answer is the latter, how much do we REALLY care about our community?
the only rational reason why they feel this hell bent on Ariel being white is because of the damage whites have done on them

No one said to cut them off or send them off to burn for eternity but to find some understanding in their foolishness is where it gets a bit cringe.

They are coons.. that word is reserved for such behavior and we shouldn't shy away from it because it's uncomfortable..

I don't think you or anyone that is aware of who we are or who we are doing the work to become should be advocating for ignorance.

Other than telling them to find the beauty in this .. I don't see much of a conversation with someone that believes Ariel should stay white.. being productive
Well that's a huge part of the problem in the community, IMO.

We don't chat about things - especially when it comes to internal issues. We're just hellbent on dragging each other, competing with each other, shaming each other, and more recently..out-"woking" each other.

If anything that's playing right into the hands of the oppressor that we speak of oh so often.

I agree with what's bolded.

But I'm standing strong on the idea of ignorance being bliss.. especially for black people.

We can have those conversations but this day and age .. folks get complacent with their ideas and concepts..

In that particular thread.. you appeared to be caping for them rather than 100% denouncing their views because u know they are wrong .. u gave a devils advocate mess and I think that's why it grew and grew

I simply can't respect why they are leaning on her being white in 2019.. yet I do know why they are so mentally stagnant and conditioned to believe that she shouldn't be changed..

That could've been simply put rather than arguing with those girls in place of the coons afro

U know u know how to get and keep a conversation started :rudone:
If someone presents their idea or opinion, and it is challenged, it is natural for them to defend it Glock.

And I couldn't say that just because a Black person wants the original Ariel, that means they're a coon.

Look at what Chrissie said here. Her whole gig is being pro-Black and mess, but she said:

"I think that they should keep characters looking the same whether they're fictional or nonfictional."

@ 3:20 time mark

Some people really feel that way, love.

They are cooning whether they know it or not Afro.

Bentley. HARRIS!

July 05, 2019, 09:22:12 PM #304 Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 09:22:59 PM by Yea. I'm Back.
At first I didn't use because I hated their attempts to create "black" versions of mess. When all they did was throw a bunch of negative stereotypes and only sent it to certain markets to reinforce them :dead:

But I love how they pulled this power move
all the other princesses are tied to a culture or time period
she was only a mermaid

they need to go ahead and make the entire race of mermaids melanated

GLOCK

Quote from: Yea. I'm Back. on July 05, 2019, 09:22:12 PM
At first I didn't use because I hated their attempts to create "black" versions of mess. When all they did was throw a bunch of negative stereotypes and only sent it to certain markets to reinforce them :dead:

But I love how they pulled this power move
all the other princesses are tied to a culture or time period
she was only a mermaid

they need to go ahead and make the entire race of mermaids melanated

this is so dope

Scott.

Quote from: glock on July 05, 2019, 07:51:49 PM
I'm sorry..
but it's in my nature to be the voice of the people

ALWAYS..
Kinda been that way since I got here

I can agree with this. You always seem to stand up for others.

GLOCK

Quote from: Scott. on July 05, 2019, 09:31:12 PM
Quote from: glock on July 05, 2019, 07:51:49 PM
I'm sorry..
but it's in my nature to be the voice of the people

ALWAYS..
Kinda been that way since I got here

I can agree with this. You always seem to stand up for others.
thanks King .. love you

b7

Quote from: Yea. I'm Back. on July 05, 2019, 09:05:23 PM
Quote from: i ain't sadiddy! on July 05, 2019, 09:02:33 PM
We wanna see a golden arch. Not a purple one.

ssssssssssssssssssssssss

argue 'em down Af!
:plzstop:

I screamed at this one. I sure don't wanna see a purple mess

Vonc2002

Quote from: 89 on July 05, 2019, 06:15:56 PM
Quote from: i ain't sadiddy! on July 05, 2019, 06:13:37 PM
Quote from: 89 on July 05, 2019, 06:12:53 PM
Quote from: i ain't sadiddy! on July 05, 2019, 06:11:57 PM
Legit sitting up here preaching about people being in their feelings , while in your feelings about some shit that happened on here two weeks ago.
And clearly concerned about the way I move on this damn message board.
And going down Memory Lane to relive past quarrels and give lessons based on them. sfsffs

Are you serious?
Was Punk'd fucking revived or something?

Make it make sense.

nnbvfffdszcd
ddadadd

Afro...I want you to change your ways on here. Think of the kids

Faggot I don't give a fuck.

stfu
He cares entirely too much
I have never
Neither have I, Ray
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

GLOCK

Nfjdjdjd not ray! 
Ok bitch 

LOLZ sifting through lews mess now 

:blessed: 

Vonc2002

Quote from: EXPENSIVE DICK on July 09, 2019, 04:37:21 PM
Nfjdjdjd not ray!
Ok bitch

LOLZ sifting through lews mess now

:blessed:
sddsdffdfggfdfgggfffgvgv
Bitch I just went and popped pop corn. I'm ready to fckn MESS
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw