Ack! Would this have been the trinity ?

Started by Young, September 18, 2017, 10:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowgirl

If she were still alive I could see her kinda forcing Brandy to do better earlier than Two Eleven..

Young

Quote from: AYR on September 19, 2017, 01:01:25 PM
Quote from: Margiela. on September 19, 2017, 12:56:53 PM
No shade but I see Aaliyah in the same boat as Monica and Brandy. Let's not act like that last album was about to flop for points until that tragedy. I love her though. She definitely would have benefited being out today.

God rest her soul.
yea. I mean as dope as the music was on the Aaliyah album, most of it
really doesn't sound like chart topping popular stuff
probably would've scanned like Platinum like Full Moon and After the Storm
I've just never seen an artist celebrated so much more  after they died than before

Because she was everything
And her death being so close to 9/11 like that

It was just a really crazy time in music

The most beautiful thing walking Earth

Kaeli.

No shade but I see Aaliyah in the same boat as Monica and Brandy. Let's not act like that last album was about to flop for points until that tragedy. I love her though. She definitely would have benefited being out today.

God rest her soul.
I've just never seen an artist celebrated so much more  after they died than before
happens with literally every dead artist tho

Kaeli.

September 19, 2017, 01:07:39 PM #63 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:07:56 PM by Kaeli.

Quote from: BowDown on September 19, 2017, 01:06:00 PM
If she were still alive I could see her kinda forcing Brandy to do better earlier than Two Eleven..
like in what ways do u mean

Aalumeci.

Brandy! Monica!

THOSE 2 aren't even one in the same. Stop acting like one's success or lack thereof is contingent upon the other's, it's not really rational.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Kaeli. on September 19, 2017, 01:07:39 PM
Image-wise, visuals for her music, more consistent sounds..

BAPHOMET.

Not y'all in here really giving this thought. Who knows. What is a fact is that it's only Bey and Rihanna right now.

:calmdownsis:

Young

September 19, 2017, 01:15:33 PM #67 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:15:51 PM by Young
Quote from: L0NZ. on September 19, 2017, 01:07:44 PM
Brandy! Monica!

THOSE 2 aren't even one in the same. Stop acting like one's success or lack thereof is contingent upon the other's, it's not really rational.

They get so mad about the Branica thing but then wanna LUMP them all together like a packaged deal

3 different girls with their own journey

Although a 3 way tour would have been otherworldly

FlowerBomb

God rest her soul.
it was Gold before she died lol

Cowboy Nine

September 19, 2017, 01:15:56 PM #69 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:16:06 PM by Nine
Quote from: Baph al Mana. on September 19, 2017, 01:14:12 PM
Not y'all in here really giving this thought. Who knows. What is a fact is that it's only Bey and Rihanna right now.

:calmdownsis:
!!!

Trinity!

Get out of the 90s luvs

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Kaeli. on September 19, 2017, 01:07:39 PM
friendly competition

Aalumeci.

Quote from: Kaeli. on September 19, 2017, 01:06:42 PM

God rest her soul.
happens with literally every dead artist tho

He knows that.

And you didn't "see" her celebrated because they way we see celebration now is different than before. In 2001, there were no Twitters, Facebooks, and other social media to SEE fans/stand celebrate anyone. There were no stan battles to fume at. Aaliyah died at the turn of the millennium. The way you're gauging how people "celebrate" her is by all the fans you see showing love on social media. So of course you didn't see it before her death because those channels didnt exist. Aaliyah had a full career by way of people celebrating her in life. She's been gone twice as long as her career lasted, of course the bulk of celebration happened after death.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Young on September 19, 2017, 01:15:33 PM
Quote from: L0NZ. on September 19, 2017, 01:07:44 PM
Brandy! Monica!

They get so mad about the Branica thing but then wanna LUMP them all together like a packaged deal

3 different girls with their own journey

Although a 3 way tour would have been otherworldly
Monica never had a journey.

Young

I wonder how 9/11 would have affected Liy too

She never even went through all the mess we did

So crazy. Almost like she was too precious to even experience the industry change the way it did

Young