Brandy had a whole album with Rico Love shelved?

Started by NEW MOON, February 22, 2023, 10:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEW MOON

Quote from: FRANCE on February 25, 2023, 03:38:56 PMThe label selects the singles though, its not really up to her. So its not really on her.

She had full control over B7 and still picked the wrong singles.

ReVon

Quote from: NEW MOON on February 25, 2023, 03:41:39 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on February 25, 2023, 03:38:56 PMThe label selects the singles though, its not really up to her. So its not really on her.

:plzstop:  :kii:  :dead:

FRANCE

fff true. I was speaking specifically about the previous comment re 2/11's second single choice though and WD being the reason we got no 3rd single.

but ur absolutely right. im also pretty sure that there are at least 7 songs that didnt make B7 that are better songs than what made the album. shit, if it wasnt for Syrai, we wouldnt have gotten Rather Be and Unconditional Oceans.

KingOfHearts

Quote from: Annie on February 24, 2023, 12:21:31 PM
Quote from: Georgina Sparks on February 23, 2023, 06:20:19 PMSHSHDDDDDDDSDSDDDSDDDDDSSDS

It's giving she didn't like the mess and didn't wanna be mean about it.

BDBDJDHRJJRJDJFJDJJDDJJFKDJFJRFR
D

D
D
D
D
D
D
D
R
E

F
D
Yeah Bran said turn the lights off

:plzstop:  :plzstop:
My Queens!!

NEW MOON

February 25, 2023, 05:06:58 PM #79 Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 05:07:39 PM by NEW MOON
Quote from: FRANCE on February 25, 2023, 04:25:52 PM

fff true. I was speaking specifically about the previous comment re 2/11's second single choice though and WD being the reason we got no 3rd single.

but ur absolutely right. im also pretty sure that there are at least 7 songs that didnt make B7 that are better songs than what made the album. shit, if it wasnt for Syrai, we wouldnt have gotten Rather Be and Unconditional Oceans.

I can't believe Brandy was about to leave Rather Be on the cutting room floor.

Still waiting for Black Barbie and this masterpiece

It's hard being a Brandy stan  :'(

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: Harlem on February 25, 2023, 03:15:56 PM
Quote from: Brandy's Unconditional Ocean on February 25, 2023, 03:06:29 PM
Quote from: Harlem on February 25, 2023, 02:58:55 PM
Quote from: Brandy's Unconditional Ocean on February 25, 2023, 02:55:06 PMNo i think he's just talking about the songs he did on TwoEleven that were never released as singles. She ain't do no album with this nigga

I assumed this at first too b/c I remember Bran wanted NSTATL to be the 3rd single at one point
Yea cuz there's another interview where he said this and he named the songs from TwoEleven saying it was some of his best work and he was really disappointed she didn't want em out anymore lmao

Lmaoooo well it wasn't gonna happen anyway b/c I'm sure the real reason why Brandy wasn't granted a 3rd single that era was due to Wildest flopping... that's why Brandy has to learn her 2nd single is just or more important than her 1st
You said a word here. A lot people and some artists do not understand that part.
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Harlem

February 25, 2023, 05:33:54 PM #81 Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 05:44:13 PM by Harlem
Quote from: FRANCE on February 25, 2023, 03:38:56 PMThe label selects the singles though, it's not really up to her. So it's not really on her.

For 2/11 it's kinda sorta on her, the label wanted "So Sick" as the 2nd single as Sean Garrett & her mentioned in previous interviews but allegedly Brandy or her team fought against it b/c she didn't believe it would work on the radio so she went with her fav, Wildest Dreams... it flopped, so it didn't bring in any extra revenue or attention for the label to invest in a 3rd option

she was under a new label & contract so she wasn't getting a 3rd single just cause of her name/legacy... it's the business, the more successful you are upfront the more labels invest in the long-term success of the project... Brandy needs to understand and play the game better, that's all

GYNandTONIC

February 25, 2023, 05:40:54 PM #82 Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 05:41:53 PM by GYNandTONIC

Still waiting for Black Barbie and this masterpiece

It's hard being a Brandy stan  :'(

I will never forgive her for not releasing the full song. It pains me to not know what the rest sounds like  :'(

NEW MOON

Quote from: Harlem on February 25, 2023, 05:33:54 PM
For 2/11 it's kinda sorta on her, the label wanted "So Sick" as the 2nd single as Sean Garrett & her mentioned in previous interviews but allegedly Brandy or her team fought against it b/c she didn't believe it would work on radio so she went with her personal fav, Wildest Dreams... it flopped so it didn't bring in any extra revenue or attention for the label to invest in a 3rd option

she was under a new label & contract so she wasn't getting a 3rd single just cause of her name/legacy... it's the business, the more successful you are upfront the more labels invest in the long term success of the project... Brandy needs to understand and play the game better, that's all

Brandy strives too hard for authenticity in the wrong places.

There needs to be a balance between being authentic and being marketable. Wildest Dreams is a sweet, genuine song, but it's not radio friendly. Same with Baby Mama. I understood where she was coming from, but girl, no. And then paying for mainstream urban radio to promote it.  :dead:

Summertime

February 25, 2023, 05:47:56 PM #84 Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 05:48:54 PM by Summertime
I wish she would release this. There are always tweets every year from fans asking for this, but one of her friends tweeted that it's unfinished.

Bran should just knock out a gospel, Christmas, & unreleased music albums, then she can commit herself to acting and broadway.

Harlem

Quote from: NEW MOON on February 25, 2023, 05:44:25 PM
For 2/11 it's kinda sorta on her, the label wanted "So Sick" as the 2nd single as Sean Garrett & her mentioned in previous interviews but allegedly Brandy or her team fought against it b/c she didn't believe it would work on radio so she went with her personal fav, Wildest Dreams... it flopped so it didn't bring in any extra revenue or attention for the label to invest in a 3rd option

she was under a new label & contract so she wasn't getting a 3rd single just cause of her name/legacy... it's the business, the more successful you are upfront the more labels invest in the long term success of the project... Brandy needs to understand and play the game better, that's all

Brandy strives too hard for authenticity in the wrong places.

There needs to be a balance between being authentic and being marketable. Wildest Dreams is a sweet, genuine song, but it's not radio friendly. Same with Baby Mama. I understood where she was coming from, but girl, no. And then paying for mainstream urban radio to promote it.  :dead:

!!!!!!

Yeah I totally agree! She needs to find a balance... and sometimes the balance is right in front of her face, Do You Know, Slower, Rather Be, No Tomorrow... we can keep going on the missed opps but she doesn't realizes it until the GP makes it obvious for her and by then it's already too late

FRANCE

February 25, 2023, 07:50:19 PM #86 Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 07:53:28 PM by FRANCE
Quote from: FRANCE on February 25, 2023, 03:38:56 PMThe label selects the singles though, it's not really up to her. So it's not really on her.

For 2/11 it's kinda sorta on her, the label wanted "So Sick" as the 2nd single as Sean Garrett & her mentioned in previous interviews but allegedly Brandy or her team fought against it b/c she didn't believe it would work on the radio so she went with her fav, Wildest Dreams... it flopped, so it didn't bring in any extra revenue or attention for the label to invest in a 3rd option

I don't know about all of that. Brandy wanted 'Without You' to be the 2nd single. I never really hrd about So Sick being what the label wanted, but point me to an interview where that was the case. See below for where Brandy stated she wanted 'Without You' for the 2nd single. I don't know whose choice it was in the end to go with Wildest Dreams, but the interview below clearly showcases that Brandy is not in the driver's seat when it came to selecting the second single for 2/11.

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: FRANCE on February 25, 2023, 07:50:19 PM

I don't know about all of that. Brandy wanted 'Without You' to be the 2nd single. I never really hrd about So Sick being what the label wanted, but point me to an interview where that was the case. See below for where Brandy stated she wanted 'Without You' for the 2nd single. I don't know whose choice it was in the end to go with Wildest Dreams, but the interview below clearly showcases that Brandy is not in the driver's seat when it came to selecting the second single for 2/11.

maybe she changed her mind. She definitely wanted WD and it was a better choice than WY. But So sick wouldve been the best choice.

FRANCE

February 25, 2023, 09:23:28 PM #88 Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 09:24:48 PM by FRANCE
Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on February 25, 2023, 08:12:42 PM

maybe she changed her mind. She definitely wanted WD and it was a better choice than WY. But So sick wouldve been the best choice.

I know she definitely wanted Without You cause she said so in interviews. I dont know about her definitely wanting WD cause I never heard her say so, or that So Sick was what the label wanted either. All of those choices wouldn't have been best either way, So Sick included. Dope album track tho.

They all fumbled the bag by not releasing Do U Know as the 2nd single and Slower as 3rd. Those were the clear singles.

Harlem

I swear it was this exact interview it was mentioned at. It's referenced on 2/11's Wikipedia page as well, oh well