Brandy had a whole album with Rico Love shelved?

Started by NEW MOON, February 22, 2023, 10:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlem

Quote from: FRANCE on February 25, 2023, 09:23:28 PM
Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on February 25, 2023, 08:12:42 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on February 25, 2023, 07:50:19 PM
Quote from: Harlem on February 25, 2023, 05:33:54 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on February 25, 2023, 03:38:56 PMThe label selects the singles though, it's not really up to her. So it's not really on her.

For 2/11 it's kinda sorta on her, the label wanted "So Sick" as the 2nd single as Sean Garrett & her mentioned in previous interviews but allegedly Brandy or her team fought against it b/c she didn't believe it would work on the radio so she went with her fav, Wildest Dreams... it flopped, so it didn't bring in any extra revenue or attention for the label to invest in a 3rd option

I don't know about all of that. Brandy wanted 'Without You' to be the 2nd single. I never really hrd about So Sick being what the label wanted, but point me to an interview where that was the case. See below for where Brandy stated she wanted 'Without You' for the 2nd single. I don't know whose choice it was in the end to go with Wildest Dreams, but the interview below clearly showcases that Brandy is not in the driver's seat when it came to selecting the second single for 2/11.

maybe she changed her mind. She definitely wanted WD and it was a better choice than WY. But So sick wouldve been the best choice.

I know she definitely wanted Without You cause she said so in interviews. I dont know about her definitely wanting WD cause I never heard her say so, or that So Sick was what the label wanted either. All of those choices wouldn't have been best either way, So Sick included. Dope album track tho.

They all fumbled the bag by not releasing Do U Know as the 2nd single and Slower as 3rd. Those were the clear singles.

I do agree with this... they all fumbled b/c DYK and Slower were definitely the follow up singles! Radio would've ate those up

ReVon

Quote from: Harlem on February 25, 2023, 09:28:44 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on February 25, 2023, 03:38:56 PMThe label selects the singles though, it's not really up to her. So it's not really on her.

For 2/11 it's kinda sorta on her, the label wanted "So Sick" as the 2nd single as Sean Garrett & her mentioned in previous interviews but allegedly Brandy or her team fought against it b/c she didn't believe it would work on the radio so she went with her fav, Wildest Dreams... it flopped, so it didn't bring in any extra revenue or attention for the label to invest in a 3rd option

I don't know about all of that. Brandy wanted 'Without You' to be the 2nd single. I never really hrd about So Sick being what the label wanted, but point me to an interview where that was the case. See below for where Brandy stated she wanted 'Without You' for the 2nd single. I don't know whose choice it was in the end to go with Wildest Dreams, but the interview below clearly showcases that Brandy is not in the driver's seat when it came to selecting the second single for 2/11.

I swear it was this exact interview it was mentioned at. It's referenced on 2/11's Wikipedia page as well, oh well

BECAUSE WIKI IS SOOOOOO CREDIBLE!!!!

I COULD LITERALLY GO THERE RIGHT NOW AND EDIT THAT INFORMATION IF I WANTED TO LMAO  :roflmao:

Harlem

Quote from: Say-Something-ReVon on February 25, 2023, 10:07:05 PM
Quote from: Harlem on February 25, 2023, 09:28:44 PM

I swear it was this exact interview it was mentioned at. It's referenced on 2/11's Wikipedia page as well, oh well

BECAUSE WIKI IS SOOOOOO CREDIBLE!!!!

I COULD LITERALLY GO THERE RIGHT NOW AND EDIT THAT INFORMATION IF I WANTED TO LMAO  :roflmao:

Lmaooo facts, that's why I was like whoops, oh well

Micheal Watson

Slower def coulda smashed
a missed opportunity