Oh wow, Beyonce is the new VOCAL BIBLE?

Started by PRESSED, April 02, 2023, 12:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRESSED

Quote from: Tyler Nipsey Kyrie on April 06, 2023, 02:19:56 AMI've def never heard of "vocal Bible" before until it was associated with GHan

It's not like "queen bee" where many could argue that shim had it before fas did. And it simply "stuck more" with fas.

If anyone's saying the term was widely used before its association with GHan you're gonna have to produce receipts.

widely?
I'm not here for friends.

PRESSED

Quote from: ivorian oph on April 06, 2023, 03:02:45 AM
Quote from: Tyler Nipsey Kyrie on April 06, 2023, 02:19:56 AMI've def never heard of "vocal Bible" before until it was associated with GHan

i have. and others vvvvvvv that's all i'm sayin

mostly towards gospel singers

it just never became anyone's GO-TO title like bran
Yeah I heard it as well.
Don't really hear many ppl use it though these days outside of the very OLDER Brandy fans.
Very older. The senior fans. 

PRESSED

Quote from: Big Barbie on April 06, 2023, 08:39:51 AM
Quote from: L0NZ. on April 06, 2023, 08:32:51 AMYea I never heard of a vocal Bible before Bran
No one did.
Well I think the point is, the title is very tangible and nothing to get in a tizzy over. Lol

Boomz

Quote from: PRESSED on April 06, 2023, 08:27:34 PM

Yeah I heard it as well.
Don't really hear many ppl use it though these days outside of the very OLDER Brandy fans.

:omgwatshappening:

PRESSED

Quote from: Big Barbie on April 06, 2023, 11:42:29 AM
Quote from: Young on April 06, 2023, 11:20:11 AMYawl are in here cutting tf up  :uhh:

Not too much on B7 :uhh:

While many songs weren't "radio friendly" or single material , she put her foot and soul into that album.

Rather Be
Borderline
I Am More
Say Something

She slayed & you can tell that album healed Quee'

& what I love most is that's album no one else COULD have made but her; so signature
!!
Why is it so important that others feel what a few of you feel about that album?  :unsure:

PRESSED

PRESSED

Quote from: Plastic. on April 06, 2023, 12:15:10 PM
QuoteI would start with Aretha Franklin who laid out a vocal bible in her Amazing Grace album.

:rthosehotwings:
this immediately came to mind

Plastic.

Quote from: Boomz on April 06, 2023, 08:29:48 PM
Quote from: PRESSED on April 06, 2023, 08:27:34 PM

Yeah I heard it as well.

:omgwatshappening:
what is going ON

best selling female rapper of all time

PRESSED

Quote from: RAY7 on April 06, 2023, 12:51:45 PM
Quote from: ivorian oph on April 06, 2023, 12:33:24 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on April 06, 2023, 12:27:59 PM
Quote from: Plastic. on April 06, 2023, 12:15:10 PM
QuoteI would start with Aretha Franklin who laid out a vocal bible in her Amazing Grace album.

:rthosehotwings:
and this is talking about the Album not even her directly. Aretha is The Queen of Soul

oh, so he wasn't talking about her vocals, just the album that her vocals are on

got it

:plzstop:
yes. Therefore no one has called ARETHA the Vocal Bible
Tbh he said "A" Vocal Bible

None of this started before Bran as was stated
This is the best fighter y'all sending out?  :unsure:

PRESSED

Quote from: RAY7 on April 06, 2023, 03:47:19 PM
Quote from: ivorian oph on April 06, 2023, 02:01:53 PM
Quote from: Tyler Nipsey Kyrie on April 06, 2023, 01:22:21 PMRay does make sense

He basically said what I didn't have the energy to get into

Cuz I knew what the response would be

Nfnfnfnfnfnnn

Saying someone "laid out a vocal Bible" is not the same as calling someone "the vocal Bible"

We're literally talking about people being called "the vocal Bible " and where it started. I'd say that Any receipts provided should probably directly reflect that

Otherwise it's not the smoking gun that you think it is

i said i've heard the term used before brandy because it has been

and we asked for proof then you posted ppl calling Kierra something AFTER and a sentence about an album
And Whitney is The Voice, not vocal bible
no one's going down to the library to dig through fossils... the name has been used and will be used after Brandy, hence the OP :unsure:

ReVon

Cowgirl

April 06, 2023, 08:57:00 PM #282 Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 08:57:54 PM by Big Barbie
Quote from: PRESSED on April 06, 2023, 08:31:42 PM
Quote from: Big Barbie on April 06, 2023, 11:42:29 AM
Quote from: Young on April 06, 2023, 11:20:11 AMYawl are in here cutting tf up  :uhh:

Not too much on B7 :uhh:

While many songs weren't "radio friendly" or single material , she put her foot and soul into that album.

Rather Be
Borderline
I Am More
Say Something

She slayed & you can tell that album healed Quee'

& what I love most is that's album no one else COULD have made but her; so signature
!!
Why is it so important that others feel what a few of you feel about that album?  :unsure:
b

I don't care but let me break this down: I didn't personally care for Two Eleven so because of that, I wasn't dying for new Brandy music after it was released nor was I bashing her because she wasn't releasing new music. If I didn't like the album she released, why would I beg her to rush and make another one? Does this make sense?

RAY7

Quote from: PRESSED on April 06, 2023, 08:38:42 PM
Quote from: RAY7 on April 06, 2023, 03:47:19 PM
Quote from: ivorian oph on April 06, 2023, 02:01:53 PM
Quote from: Tyler Nipsey Kyrie on April 06, 2023, 01:22:21 PMRay does make sense

He basically said what I didn't have the energy to get into

Cuz I knew what the response would be

Nfnfnfnfnfnnn

Saying someone "laid out a vocal Bible" is not the same as calling someone "the vocal Bible"

We're literally talking about people being called "the vocal Bible " and where it started. I'd say that Any receipts provided should probably directly reflect that

Otherwise it's not the smoking gun that you think it is

i said i've heard the term used before brandy because it has been

and we asked for proof then you posted ppl calling Kierra something AFTER and a sentence about an album
And Whitney is The Voice, not vocal bible
no one's going down to the library to dig through fossils... the name has been used and will be used after Brandy, hence the OP :unsure:
we're talking about not being used BEFORE Brandy. Yes it's used sparingly AFTER her but as we have clearly proven it started with her
and links have already been posted showing mainstream musical publications from Rolling Stone to Billboard calling Brandy the name. You can act obtuse if you want but no it's not JUST fans. It is artists, the media and fans l

PRESSED

Yeah, no one uses that title these days but her very very older fans.