Is Brandy a legacy act at this point?

Started by NEW MOON, May 22, 2023, 11:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRESSED

Quote from: Boomz on May 23, 2023, 02:43:20 PM
Quote from: Big Barbie on May 23, 2023, 10:38:24 AMBeyoncé is a legacy act but she also slays the current scene too.
Quote from: PRESSED on May 23, 2023, 10:50:46 AM
Quote from: Big Barbie on May 23, 2023, 10:38:24 AMBeyoncé is a legacy act but she also slays the current scene too.
No she isn't  :plzstop:

I'm about to backhand her
I hope she trolls us or something.
I'm not here for friends.

PRESSED

Nicki will be in that category too in a few years if she keeps up the amazing work
[/quote]
No.
Beyoncé is very relevant and current.
Nicki isn't a legacy act either.
Brandy definitely is though.

Cowgirl

I don't see legacy as being irrelevant nor do
I see anything negative with the term, artists just aren't in their prime. I simply relate it to longevity and reaching a certain level of success.

how u let him cheat

Quote from: 325 on May 23, 2023, 01:59:37 PMDo we really need to ask that question when she literally has songs that directly and explicitly reference her legacy

One of those songs actually being someone's  username on here

If that's not a "legacy act" I don't know what is

are u referring to NEW songs?? bvvvvvvv

like, REFERENCING her old mess in a song or two is definitely not what's making her new mess sell. and to call that "heavily leaning" is quite intellectually dishonest imo

but ok, u answered my question thank u bby
then take him back? must be yo only nigga.

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: Big Barbie on May 23, 2023, 03:42:43 PMI don't see legacy as being irrelevant nor do
I see anything negative with the term, artists just aren't in their prime. I simply relate it to longevity and reaching a certain level of success.
And you're right my friend.
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

JCJ 🪐

From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

May 23, 2023, 05:02:26 PM #81 Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 05:03:24 PM by DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾
 :kii: Nah seriously, he is right in what he thinks a legacy act is. I disagree with him about Beyonce being one tho. She's too a part of today's pop culture for her to be one IMO.  But he is not wrong.

Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Cowgirl

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: JCJ on May 23, 2023, 04:58:11 PMNow you know you're wrong  :plzstop:

Nevermind I thought that was Bow's original mess. Carry on
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

NEW MOON

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on May 23, 2023, 10:08:04 AM
Quote from: NEW MOON on May 22, 2023, 11:37:48 PMIs she ever coming back? She's been MIA since December and we're heading into June. I think she needs to make a choice when it comes to her music career, either push through or just make a retirement announcement and commit to acting fulltime. These limbo periods are exhausting.

This is so entitled and bratty.

So you came back and re-read it just to post this?

Cowgirl

May 23, 2023, 06:34:23 PM #85 Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 11:02:30 PM by Big Barbie
Let me sum up this thread: some replies desperately tried to depict a "legacy artist" as a has-been/washed-up artist but this was debunked.

PRESSED

Quote from: Big Barbie on May 23, 2023, 06:34:23 PMLet me sum up this thread: some replies desperate tried to depict a "legacy artist" as a has-been/washed-up artist but this was debunked.
:unsure:

yearofbrandy

Brandy can make a comeback to music but with the right sound. She just need the right song and producer.