The Little Mermaid was sooo good

Started by Young, May 25, 2023, 10:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeSoul.

Young

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

May 27, 2023, 10:03:58 AM #32 Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 10:05:30 AM by DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾
Yeah, I didn't think it was bad for a Disney princess flick. Halle has talent.  I would love to see her become the black ingenue of her generation.
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

JCJ 🪐

It's bombing internationally. I really hate those racist bitches. It'll probably only end up grossing 500 million worldwide.
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

DopeSoul.

My only critique is the lighting  :uhh:

There was ppl complaining when the trailers were dropping for the movie and I didn't see it but..

When u watch the actual movie it's kinda dull

It could have been way more vibrant and colorful

JCJ 🪐

Yeah I didn't notice the first time I saw it, but the second time I noticed it was a little too dark in some spots
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

NEW MOON

May 28, 2023, 06:47:41 PM #38 Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 06:48:16 PM by NEW MOON
saw it in IMAX, it was super colorful. I could see everything during the night and dark water scenes.

I guess they want you to pay more to actually SEE the film.

CHOKE

But yeah, ima wait for the Disney+ mess, the trailers didn't sell me

But was the shark scene in this?
It's so iconic

Killa Kipp

Quote from: CHOKE on May 29, 2023, 01:12:25 AMBut yeah, ima wait for the Disney+ mess, the trailers didn't sell me

But was the shark scene in this?
It's so iconic

Yes that scene is it in.

Also I think my biggest critique is the coloring too.  I think they shoulda brightened it up a bit

It's a fiancé.....
💍

Eat ya fucking 🥢 ♥️ out....
😝😝😝

#SpicyPrinceCharming
#KippDaddy

Jon

Going to see it next week.

It didn't do so well internationally especially in Asia so clearly racism is a factor

Ulysses

It was okay. There was a little bit of magic missing. I agree the animation wasn't great. Especially with the mermaids. Same as with the Lion King, animating creatures to look as real as possible and then talk just comes off odd. Then there are the super dark scenes. Halle looked and sounded amazing but she can still grow in her acting although it was passable. Eric was great for his role and I really enjoyed his performance. Highlights for me were definitely Halle singing "Part of Your World" and I loved the whole "Kiss the Girl" scene.

Amazing

May 29, 2023, 07:54:47 PM #43 Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 07:57:01 PM by Amazing
Quote from: JCJ on May 28, 2023, 03:33:30 PMIt's bombing internationally. I really hate those racist bitches. It'll probably only end up grossing 500 million worldwide.

Never 500 mill. Closer to a billion I think.

Kalifornia.

It's hilarious seeing the angry apes trying any & every thing to call this a flop.

IF YOU ADJUST FOR INFLATION! COMPARED TO ALADDIN!

I'm crying ojdbfbgbbb

They want this shit to fail so badly, and it being planked has them PISSED
:blessed: