Burna Boy preview's new single sampling Brandy's "Top of The World"

Started by HVG0, May 26, 2023, 05:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rxxf

It's the reason why "Are You that Somebody" by Aaliyah peaked at #21 - although the song was much bigger. It wasn't released as a physical single. It was airplay only. But in December 1998, Billboard changed the rules during its peak. Which allowed her to chart.

BRANDY

Harlem

Quote from: Rxxf on May 30, 2023, 11:07:41 PMIt's the reason why "Are You that Somebody" by Aaliyah peaked at #21 - although the song was much bigger. It wasn't released as a physical single. It was airplay only. But in December 1998, Billboard changed the rules during its peak. Which allowed her to chart.

!!!!!!

That all makes sense. Appreciate the context. B/c I used to always wonder that for both songs (Top of the World & AYTS) they were EVERYWHERE during that year

The way Brandy performed Top of the World at every damn award show too, I used to live as a kid

RAY7

Quote from: Kaeli. on May 30, 2023, 08:23:15 AM
Quote from: Rxxf on May 28, 2023, 02:28:56 AMDon't care if they can't stand me
I'm sittin' on top of the world like Brandy

:ohwow:

I'm just tryna be me doin what I gotta do  :letsmessfag:

Kim better copy Fox lol

Aalumeci.

Cowgirl

rosone1

Quote from: Harlem on May 30, 2023, 08:52:39 PMCrazy how the song didn't perform better too b/c it felt so big in '98
It was big in other countries.#2 in Uk

Cartierline

Cowgirl

Quote from: Aamerica Has A Problem on May 31, 2023, 12:33:30 PMThe dead skin on your feet
Actually just got a pedi yesterday but it ain't gonna make much of a difference once my foot is up your ass.

KingOfHearts

This is for sure going to be a summer mash we should purchased both Burna Boy & Brandy Top Of The World singles at midnight.
 :gorlonfire:
My Queens!!

Sovereign.

This is fun! Definitely going on the summer playlist.