Consuela stomped tf owt, Nicki’s chopsticks called to carpet

Started by shante smith, April 03, 2024, 04:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shante smith

April 04, 2024, 10:13:02 AM #30 Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 10:19:40 AM by ….ok.
Quote from: Cowgirl on April 04, 2024, 09:16:30 AM
Quote from: ....ok. on April 04, 2024, 07:55:31 AMthey're questioning whether consuela is lying about being part Trini but i actually believe she is.
its obvious

her lil sis looks just like Nicki sometimes. like she could literally play nicki in a bio mess

Consuela is of mixed ancestry, which she's even said herself. And that's how she is treated by a lot of people. She's not a Sexy Red, or even a Zoe Saldana.

Only comparison she made that makes sense is Ice Spice.
Who is another woman who has people questioning and debating her ethnic background all day - and benefits from that.

https://x.com/PASCOMINAJ/status/1617041618871422977

Why haven't we heard of the Trini claims essentially since she came out? The thing is, having family members from Trinidad nor DR doesn't automatically make you one race or another.

Her Trini representation stopped once she became questioned about validity. Also, Ice has a fully BLACK parent and this is proven, not 4 generations ago.
consuela doesn't harp on the trini mess much because it's not as beneficial as harping on being consuela

Just like Nicki would rather cosplay being  Chinese than leaning into her trini mess

But ive seen her mothers sisters and brother ...they're clearly of African descent

Consuela isn't a "black woman" but she is def mixed .

When she first hit the scene she claimed she was mixed (which is accurate imo) but as she got questions and pressure about things like using the "n" word that's when she really started claiming she was just Black more often and playing the fence more.

I'm not sure what degree of blackness her moms family has but my eyes are working well enough to know it's def there somewhere

Cowgirl

April 04, 2024, 10:32:36 AM #31 Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 10:34:01 AM by Cowgirl
She obviously has SOME African ancestry but the real issue is how she never claimed to be black before but wants to now that it benefits her. She definitely tried to go the "Trap Selena" route but it [is] failing her.

Nicki has never denied being black and yes she sometimes highlights the Asian aspect of her background, so what? She's never elevated China over Trinidad. Apples and oranges.

shante smith

April 04, 2024, 10:40:27 AM #32 Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 10:43:44 AM by ….ok.
Quote from: Cowgirl on April 04, 2024, 10:32:36 AMShe obviously has SOME African ancestry but the real issue is how she never claimed to be black before but wants to now that it benefits her. She definitely tried to go the "Trap Selena" route but it [is] failing her.

Nicki has never denied being black and yes she sometimes highlights the Asian aspect of her background, so what? She's never elevated China over Trinidad. Apples and oranges.
I don't think Nicki is actually of Chinese descent .

She's of inDo-Trinidadian  descent. Curry indian

Not East Asian .

Foxy is someone who is actually of Chinese descent .. one of her surnames is Fung.

There was/is a huge trend of people claiming they're part Chinese and getting Chinese tattoos . Nicki just took/takes it to the extreme IMO. But I doubt there's an actual Chinese ancestor she can point to.

Cowgirl

April 04, 2024, 10:42:31 AM #33 Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 10:43:01 AM by Cowgirl
Quote from: ....ok. on April 04, 2024, 10:40:27 AM
Quote from: Cowgirl on April 04, 2024, 10:32:36 AMShe obviously has SOME African ancestry but the real issue is how she never claimed to be black before but wants to now that it benefits her. She definitely tried to go the "Trap Selena" route but it [is] failing her.

She's of inDo-tridadian descent. Curry indian

Not East Asian .

Foxy is someone who is actually of Chinese descent .. one of her surnames is Fung.
And that's fine, you called her out for it right? I'm letting you know that Puta B. has never claimed to be black so why is everyone trying to force her into that category now? If she's black then Erica Mena is black.

Plastic.

April 04, 2024, 10:51:39 AM #35 Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 10:52:16 AM by Plastic.
nicki's great-grandfather on her dad's side is japanese.

lookin trinidadian, japanese, and indian

best selling female rapper of all time

shante smith

April 04, 2024, 10:53:44 AM #36 Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 10:55:14 AM by ….ok.
Quote from: Cowgirl on April 04, 2024, 10:42:31 AM

Not East Asian .

And that's fine, you called her out for it right? I'm letting you know that Puta B. has never claimed to be black so why is everyone trying to force her into that category now? If she's black then Erica Mena is black.
consuela has claimed it before though .

That's why I said she started playing the fence more .

Only after she got pressure for things like saying the "n" word etc

People outside of NYC def have a hard time understanding why non-Black American people in NYC are so comfortable with certain tea and language from the hip hop culture

So instead of continuing to claim mixed , she began claiming black/afro-latina a lot more  and got pushback on that too

I'm def not one of the gorls in a rush to claim consuela as black . Which is why I call her consuela lolllll she's mixed imo. Like many Latinas

Just giving u info.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Plastic. on April 04, 2024, 10:51:39 AMnicki's great-grandfather on her dad's side is japanese.

On top of that, when has Nicki EVER excluded herself from black people and said she wasn't black?

Cowgirl

Quote from: ....ok. on April 04, 2024, 10:53:44 AM

Not East Asian .

When? :blink:

shante smith

Quote from: Plastic. on April 04, 2024, 10:51:39 AMnicki's great-grandfather on her dad's side is japanese.

there were a lot of East Asians in Trinidad so i can see that

shante smith

April 04, 2024, 11:00:14 AM #40 Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 11:00:46 AM by ….ok.
Quote from: Cowgirl on April 04, 2024, 10:55:00 AM
Quote from: ....ok. on April 04, 2024, 10:53:44 AM

Not East Asian .

When? :blink:
gorl look on Twitter

Fjnfnfnfnfnf they stay draggin her for tryna lean into afro-latina status when convenient

I'm def not one of the gorls in a rush to claim consuela as black . Which is why I call her consuela lolllll she's mixed imo. Like many Latinas

Just giving info

Cowgirl

April 04, 2024, 11:06:33 AM #42 Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 11:07:04 AM by Cowgirl
Quote from: ....ok. on April 04, 2024, 10:58:29 AM

So what's wrong with her saying it? She's said the same thing about her Indo/Curry background..

shante smith

Quote from: Cowgirl on April 04, 2024, 11:06:33 AM
Quote from: ....ok. on April 04, 2024, 10:58:29 AM

So what's wrong with her saying it? She's said the same thing about her Indo/Curry background..
Japan isn't China luv.

Like I said earlier

There was/is a huge trend of people claiming they're part Chinese and getting Chinese tattoos . Nicki just took/takes it to the extreme IMO. But I doubt there's an actual Chinese ancestor she can point to.

Kalifornia.