Do y'all agree with him?

Started by Kalifornia., April 05, 2024, 04:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalifornia.

QuoteInternet is Annoyed With Charlamagne Tha God's Candace-Owens-Sounding Anti-DEI Rant

Radio host Charlamagne tha God tore into Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, calling them "mostly garbage" in a searing rant on the Daily Show on Wednesday.

"Here's the part where you all stop all stop applauding everything I say. The truth about DEI is that, although, it's well-intentioned, it's mostly garbage. Okay?" said the Breakfast Club host.

Charlamagne, 45, directed part of his critique towards the live-action remake of the Little Mermaid, starring Halle Bailey, who is Black. The 24 year-old actress received a barrage of hateful and racist messages criticizing her for playing a character who appears white in the cartoon version of the film.

"It's kind of like the Black 'Little Mermaid.' Just because racists hate it, doesn't mean it's good," he said.

He also claimed that multiple studies showed that DEI was ineffective, and just a PR stunt for corporations. "Over 900 studies have shown that DEI programs don't make the workplace better for minorities. In fact, it can actually make things worse because of the backlash effect," he said.

On social media, many peopole chastised Charlamagne for his comments, accusing him of giving cover to racists like Elon Musk, who posted a video of Charlamagne's comments on the Daily Show.

"My Brother this opinion is not it," commented journalist Touré on Charlamagne's Instagram.

"You are so incredibly carless with your wording," wrote Joel Plummer on the same post. "You have no understanding of how your sloppy use of terms leads to misunderstandings to provide cover for racists."

Some social media users insinuated that Charlamagne was becoming a "right wing" grifter, name-dropping his recent guest, Candace Owens.

"Charlamagne is trying to slide into the position Candace Owens occupied," said one social media user. "Saying the talking points that White Supremacists believe in. Pathetic."

For his part, Charlamagne defended himself and the fact that Elon Musk agreed with him saying, "Now it's quite possible Elon agrees with me for the right reasons. Watch the video before you start chatting s**t."

https://www.theroot.com/charlamagne-tha-god-and-his-dei-rant-is-sounding-just-l-1851390571

RAY7

I was just watching this
Hope he did his research on this since he did say "studies have shown" it doesn't always work well

Justice Jackson

I mean, there's usually some merit in most controversial opinions

But like the comments are saying, it's how you say it and the context

There is probably some truth that DEI isn't all that effective, but that's probably due to poor implementation and most of these initiatives are within the past 5-10 years. It takes time to figure out what works and to affect change in the system

What we're not going to do is act like the changes aren't needed and these institutions are wrong for trying.

This black eyed bitch does nothing but talk shit. If he doesn't have better ideas, he's just stirring the pot and complaining. We can't do shit with that
Ketanji Jackson has come this far by faith.

Ketanji Brown will still beatcho ass.

CHOKE

He's right

Black Little Mermaid, black Wonder Years, Black 1st Wives Club  :uhh:

Its an over correction

Ma Lo

I've literally never agreed with this clown not even  once

Amazing

He is definitely wrong. Things were moving to slowly so the law had to step in to even the playing field by a tiny amount.

Halle was the best thing a out the film. So that point is mute.

We don't need this from influencial black voices.