Is Two Eleven more influential than it's given credit for?

Started by TogetherAgain, January 05, 2020, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Champ

Quote from: trapMysoulagain on May 03, 2020, 11:03:29 PM
2/11 was the greatest album of 2012 in my opinion. I listen to it now and bish..I just don't know what happened.

:uhh:

like I pass damn near every song.
fsdlkfnsdf

I still use half of the album, but the only songs I really go back to are Without You, DYK and WYLA.

reekz

Quote from: Lee on May 03, 2020, 11:07:21 PM
2/11 was the greatest album of 2012 in my opinion. I listen to it now and bish..I just don't know what happened.

fsdlkfnsdf

I still use half of the album, but the only songs I really go back to are Without You, DYK and WYLA.

Only song I revisit is Slower, PID, Paint, Music, what u need

Harlem

Wooooo, DYK and Slower>>>>>>>>>>

And the BET Honors version of Without You>>>>>>>

Also, Music doesn't get enough praise but that was a fuckin gem

wizzy

Slower, Without You, Do You Know, HB, Scared, Music, What U Need, Put It Down, So Sick
:flamebroiled:

DraeDrizzl3

Honestly, Two Eleven wasn't ground breaking but it was fire. Only song I skip, which has always been a skip imo, is No Such Thing as Too Late. 

Le Champ

Quote from: DraeDrizzl3 on May 04, 2020, 02:49:06 AM
Honestly, Two Eleven wasn't ground breaking but it was fire. Only song I skip, which has always been a skip imo, is No Such Thing as Too Late.

whew yea I kinda always SKIPPED that song  :dead:
I hate most things by Rico Love...basic ass

pop

She made the right album at the right time ... it's was one of the best album of 2012,, she couldn't make no creative album that would've been to risky 2/11 did what it had to do to prove Bran could make a album
with a current sound

BrandyFromTheFuture

My favorite 2/11 song is Wildest Dreams and that is a modern day Brandy classic. Fight me!

Harlem

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on May 04, 2020, 01:18:56 PM
My favorite 2/11 song is Wildest Dreams and that is a modern day Brandy classic. Fight me!

LMAOOOOO 😂😭

I think we all agree now, people just ain't want it as a single

Young

Young

Bish

:kii:

There were no bad songs but nothing that really sticks with you or makes you want to revisit often.

WITHOUT YOU was the standout when the album came out but I wore it out that first week. But the rare times I go back to listen to it (which may be only a couple times in the past year) I really live for it.

The songs are just forgettable basically. But if I put it in I'd listen to it.

Slower
DYKWYH
PID
Without you
Hardly breathing
Wildest dreams

Dass it. It does not hold up to the rest of her catalog.

Seashell

Quote from: Fuck it! on May 03, 2020, 02:08:51 PM
Quote from: demitri.petty on May 03, 2020, 02:05:58 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on May 03, 2020, 01:29:24 PM
Quote from: Fuck it! on May 03, 2020, 01:26:59 PM
Human>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Two Eleven in every single way possible.

!!!!

Yeah, 2/11 is by far her worst album. It just feels like a bunch of songs thrown together to sound current. Human may have been too AC/poppy but it still felt like more of a Brandy album, with the effort put into it. Anyone could have released 2/11.

I'm listening to 2/11 right now, I don't agree with the last part of your comment. 2/11 is still a BRANDY album. I can't think of another artist who even has the same musical ear as brandy. Like she finds hidden places to tuck harmonies and notes lol. 2/11 still has some good Brandy elements in it vocally. She MADE those songs. But I can agree that I feel like they wanted it to be a current sound of R&B at the time
Two Eleven is NOT a Brandy album. That album is her worst album period.

Not when Human exists  :shannonsmissing:

In reality, Brandy has no bad album but Human is her weakest.

Le Champ

Quote from: Seashell on May 05, 2020, 09:42:33 PM
Quote from: Fuck it! on May 03, 2020, 02:08:51 PM
Quote from: demitri.petty on May 03, 2020, 02:05:58 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on May 03, 2020, 01:29:24 PM
Quote from: Fuck it! on May 03, 2020, 01:26:59 PM
Human>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Two Eleven in every single way possible.

!!!!

Yeah, 2/11 is by far her worst album. It just feels like a bunch of songs thrown together to sound current. Human may have been too AC/poppy but it still felt like more of a Brandy album, with the effort put into it. Anyone could have released 2/11.

I'm listening to 2/11 right now, I don't agree with the last part of your comment. 2/11 is still a BRANDY album. I can't think of another artist who even has the same musical ear as brandy. Like she finds hidden places to tuck harmonies and notes lol. 2/11 still has some good Brandy elements in it vocally. She MADE those songs. But I can agree that I feel like they wanted it to be a current sound of R&B at the time
Two Eleven is NOT a Brandy album. That album is her worst album period.

Not when Human exists  :shannonsmissing:

In reality, Brandy has no bad album but Human is her weakest.

Wow yea