“Baby Mama” Video OUT NOW on Apple Music

Started by Harlem, May 04, 2020, 12:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizzy

May 05, 2020, 11:12:27 AM #630 Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 11:23:35 AM by Lil Uni Vert
Quote from: Troye on May 05, 2020, 11:03:30 AM
Quote from: Lil Uni Vert on May 05, 2020, 10:06:34 AM
With the exception of her legs with the pink heels this was everything I didn't want in a video. Saw it once and don't need to watch it again. Might be my least favorite since Afrodisiac

take your stan shades off for a min.  watch it again.  I PROMISE YOU that you will love it more
i don't stan anymore lol so there's no shades I promise YOU

If anything viewing this through stan shades would make me go up for this blindly :kii:

But yeah there's nothing good about this look
Promise the next single/video will be lovable instead  :dead:

wizzy

Quote from: Lee on May 05, 2020, 11:08:36 AM
With the exception of her legs with the pink heels this was everything I didn't want in a video. Saw it once and don't need to watch it again. Might be my least favorite since Afrodisiac

take your stan shades off for a min.  watch it again.  I PROMISE YOU that you will love it more

It's crazy how all over the place the reaction to the video is, similar to the song. It's my FAV Bran video, no cap  :plzstop:
Sittin' is the only viable competitor for me
really???????
Like..why didn't she strut out in heels when she sang STOMP OUT IN HEELS TONITE?
It was like she did everything opposite of what visually works to me
Derek blanks actually didn't do a bad job here. I'll give it that

Buy The Stars✨

It's crazy how all over the place the reaction to the video is, similar to the song. It's my FAV Bran video, no cap  :plzstop:

!!

yeah everyone feels different.  i didnt enjoy it at first but i was being to critical

i love dancing, so seeing bran dance is always a plus to me ...I def think its in my top 5 brandy videos.. TAOL is my fav.  i love watching bran dance lol and she looked so damn TALL in in that TAOL video too

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Lil Uni Vert on May 05, 2020, 11:12:27 AM

If anything viewing this through stan shades would make me go up for this blindly :kii:

ohh well im sorry you dont like it.  i havent stopped playing it yet

BrandyFromTheFuture

May 05, 2020, 11:26:47 AM #634 Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 11:28:14 AM by BrandySavedMyLife
Quote from: Lil Uni Vert on May 05, 2020, 11:16:25 AM

really???????
Like..why didn't she strut out in heels when she sang STOMP OUT IN HEELS TONITE?

she feels like stomping out in her heels tonight, doesn't mean she has to be wearing them already though :kii: Anyways, right after that they do show her sitting on the car in her heels.

Actually it does make alot of sense, if you think about it: Brandy is a comfy sneaker type of girl (especially lately), but every now and then she feels like stomping out in some heels, cause she likes to tap into her femininity that way sometimes too and make the guys/ girls go crazy over her sexiness.

BRockaBaby

The people who don't find the "sense" in some of it arent' connecting it with The Rhythm of Life. I wish they would've found a way to incorporate that into the opening credits. "Inspired by The Rythm of life" or some shit so people can connect some of the dots. Like the tambourine's in the beginning but there being not a tambourine in the beat during those few seconds. If they knew about TROL they'd know why they have the tambourines. I feel the styling would make more sense too. 

However, as I said before....Bran needs to take a break from these warehouse/garage videos with the antique cars. She did it for PID, WD and now Baby Mama. I know her budget may not be astronomical but there's so much more you can do outside of a warehouse. 

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: BRockaBaby on May 05, 2020, 11:41:25 AM
The people who don't find the "sense" in some of it arent' connecting it with The Rhythm of Life. I wish they would've found a way to incorporate that into the opening credits. "Inspired by The Rythm of life" or some shit so people can connect some of the dots. Like the tambourine's in the beginning but there being not a tambourine in the beat during those few seconds. If they knew about TROL they'd know why they have the tambourines. I feel the styling would make more sense too.

However, as I said before....Bran needs to take a break from these warehouse/garage videos with the antique cars. She did it for PID, WD and now Baby Mama. I know her budget may not be astronomical but there's so much more you can do outside of a warehouse.

I doubt she'll have another warehouse video anytime soon. If y'all wouldn't have pointed it out here, I almost wouldn't have noticed that all of these vids were shot in warehouses. PID and BM are a bit similar, but WD has a very different feel to me.

wizzy

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on May 05, 2020, 11:26:47 AM

really???????

she feels like stomping out in her heels tonight, doesn't mean she has to be wearing them already though :kii: Anyways, right after that they do show her sitting on the car in her heels.

Actually it does make alot of sense, if you think about it: Brandy is a comfy sneaker type of girl (especially lately), but every now and then she feels like stomping out in some heels, cause she likes to tap into her femininity that way sometimes too and make the guys/ girls go crazy over her sexiness.
it doesnt make sense to the verse lol...
that wouldve been a great scene for the video in that part of the song. so even if shes a sneaker type of girl, she can show off her heels while she mentions them..get it? lol

wizzy

Quote from: Troye on May 05, 2020, 11:26:26 AM
Quote from: Lil Uni Vert on May 05, 2020, 11:12:27 AM

ohh well im sorry you dont like it.  i havent stopped playing it yet
thats cool someone can like it
Im looking forward to the 2nd single :wub:

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: Lil Uni Vert on May 05, 2020, 11:52:35 AM
Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on May 05, 2020, 11:26:47 AM

really???????

it doesnt make sense to the verse lol...
that wouldve been a great scene for the video in that part of the song. so even if shes a sneaker type of girl, she can show off her heels while she mentions them..get it? lol

It makes sense to me!

Young

The way she comes tipping in before the verse starts is my favorite part sbdbdbdbdbdp

BRockaBaby

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on May 05, 2020, 11:44:48 AM
Quote from: BRockaBaby on May 05, 2020, 11:41:25 AM

I doubt she'll have another warehouse video anytime soon. If y'all wouldn't have pointed it out here, I almost wouldn't have noticed that all of these vids were shot in warehouses. PID and BM are a bit similar, but WD has a very different feel to me.

Agreed. WD was different and tbh one of my favorite Bran videos. But definitely many similarities between PID and BM.

Also agree, something maybe only hardcore fans will notice though I did see someone in the comments on YT mention it. Not sure if they're a stan or just had a good observation.

GYNandTONIC

The video is exceptional IMO! 

It's honestly one of her best shot, best edited, and best personality videos.

Im one of those people who actually hate when the song follows the lyrics of the video exactly.

Just cause she sings "Stomplin in some heels" doesn't mean she literally needs to do it. Or have mother's w/ babies in their arms. That's just me though

BRockaBaby

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on May 05, 2020, 12:36:52 PM

Im one of those people who actually hate when the song follows the lyrics of the video exactly.

Just cause she sings "Stomplin in some heels" doesn't mean she literally needs to do it. Or have mother's w/ babies in their arms. That's just me though

LOL yea I would agree. I wouldn't want to see any of that tbh. I'm glad it was a different approach when it comes to the overall theme.

Le Champ

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on May 05, 2020, 12:36:52 PM

!!!!

It's a conceptual video. I'm not sure why people are acting like the video should follow every lyric of the song. Most videos don't tbh. This isn't Trapped in the Closet klnfknfbx  :dead: