We really don’t talk about Chris Brown’s versatility enough

Started by Lucid Salvatore, August 21, 2021, 11:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucid Salvatore

I had my phone on shuffle and this song came on (haven't listened to this in years)

The way I had to look at my phone and ask myself "is this really Chris Brown?"

:plzstop:

His versatility is EVERYTHING. The way he isn't afraid of trying different sounds >>>>>. People really don't give him enough credit.

FRANCE

He's easily the best male R&B artist of the millennium for me. The consistency alone. He's never had a flop album, or one without hits.

Aalonso.

Cartierline

Lucid Salvatore

Quote from: latasha harlins on August 21, 2021, 11:57:21 AM
he's super fuckin talented

Quote from: FRANCE on August 21, 2021, 12:00:32 PM
He's easily the best male R&B artist of the millennium for me. The consistency alone. He's never had a flop album, or one without hits.

Yes to both these posts!!!! Chris is one of the very few artists who is worthy of the "King of R&B" title, imo.

Cowgirl

!!!

And I get how people say he makes the same songs but he makes so much fucking music. Way more than any artist I know of, of course some are going to be similar..

Aalonso.

Quote from: Lucid Salvatore on August 21, 2021, 12:16:52 PM
Quote from: L0NZ. on August 21, 2021, 12:06:56 PM
He should be able to mimic Mike.

Why are you such a hater?  :dead:

It's just this example bbe. I wouldn't use a song he made in the vein of his idol to illustrate how versatile he is. This is a sound he should be able to execute. I actually love this song and can probably find you  3-4 posts over the years where I've praised it.

FRANCE

I love when he is on this kinda vibe tho. Songs like Fine China, Add Me In, Lost In Ya Love >>>> 

He really could do a concept album with this vibe and slay. I've always wanted that from him. Bruno tries but just does it so damn corny. 

FRANCE

Quote from: Planet Her on August 21, 2021, 12:17:00 PM
!!!

And I get how people say he makes the same songs but he makes so much fucking music. Way more than any artist I know of, of course some are going to be similar..

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Some artists try to be all different and switch their style up and thats when they end up flopping.

Aalonso.

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: FRANCE on August 21, 2021, 12:45:50 PM
I love when he is on this kinda vibe tho. Songs like Fine China, Add Me In, Lost In Ya Love >>>>

He really could do a concept album with this vibe and slay. I've always wanted that from him. Bruno tries but just does it so damn corny.

Whatever album Fine China was on was supposed to feature more of that sound. I remember him taking about it in an interview..