The Bran Praise Continues (Darkchild on AID)

Started by BRockaBaby, April 08, 2020, 07:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRANCE

Quote from: Monika on April 08, 2020, 09:19:38 PM
When "What Abou Us?" started playing!  :plzstop:

That song is SOOOO iconic. Especially when she does it live with a band now.

Sovereign.

When he mentions they based all of the material off "Never Say Never" off a book omg 

"Afrodisiac" cemented Brandy's voice as an artist but "Never Say Never" was the beginning of her carving out her creative voice.  Even then, her colleagues would stan Britney, Christina, etc. 

RAY7

Quote from: 1RIG on April 08, 2020, 09:18:06 PM
My boy TC and Bran are actually cool right now and i love them both. I hope they remain peaceful even if it's not my business. Warms my heart tbh

He loves that girl. Trust me
Have you met him in person?

REALucid

Quote from: Sovereign. on April 08, 2020, 08:55:55 PM
It's amazing hearing Rodney y'all about the process of "Never Say Never". Looking back, Brandy and her team really pioneered these half time records. The Queen of midtempos. And the album was so conceptual. I think that's another aspect of Brandy is that all of her albums are conceptual except the debut and "Two Eleven" tbh. Even "Human" there's a beautiful story throughout. 

That's definitely one of the missing elements with 2/11. Good album but it just seemed to be a collection songs. No real theme.
Used to write our names in car fog

Sovereign.

Quote from: RealMatic on April 08, 2020, 09:39:00 PM
Quote from: Sovereign. on April 08, 2020, 08:55:55 PM
It's amazing hearing Rodney y'all about the process of "Never Say Never". Looking back, Brandy and her team really pioneered these half time records. The Queen of midtempos. And the album was so conceptual. I think that's another aspect of Brandy is that all of her albums are conceptual except the debut and "Two Eleven" tbh. Even "Human" there's a beautiful story throughout. 

That's definitely one of the missing elements with 2/11. Good album but it just seemed to be a collection songs. No real theme.

!!!! The album has some real bops, but I can tell Queen was determined to release a project full of hot records versus really being her creative bag, which I feel will set this upcoming era apart.

b7

Quote from: Lee on April 08, 2020, 09:26:14 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on April 08, 2020, 09:25:02 PM
Quote from: Monika on April 08, 2020, 09:19:38 PM
When "What Abou Us?" started playing!  :plzstop:
Biiiiitch

Rodney needs to save these joints for the battles   :kii:

He said last week that he might just let the Full Moon album play when it's time for him to battle
:plzstop:
d
F
C
C
C

"Hits!"

The thing is...   none of these R&B producers would be able to battle him without saying they studied every bit of that album or had their singer/artist study it themselves before each session  :kii:

b7

Quote from: 89 on April 08, 2020, 09:35:26 PM
My boy TC and Bran are actually cool right now and i love them both. I hope they remain peaceful even if it's not my business. Warms my heart tbh

i sure have!

My first time meeting and hanging out with him was right when Wildest Dreams came out in August 2012. My memory is random but i remember almost everything sdddd

He played "Wish your love away" for me and i made him play it like 4 times

Hung out and laughed for like 6 hours. Amazing guy

Monika

"Laaaa dah daaaaaah dah daaaah daaaaaaaah lahhhhh daaaah...."

I love how she sounded on the 211 album. Ugh, her lower register is just so beautiful!
Yahudah

Young

Quote from: 1RIG on April 08, 2020, 09:55:16 PM
Quote from: 89 on April 08, 2020, 09:35:26 PM

i sure have!

My first time meeting and hanging out with him was right when Wildest Dreams came out in August 2012. My memory is random but i remember almost everything sdddd

He played "Wish your love away" for me and i made him play it like 4 times

Hung out and laughed for like 6 hours. Amazing guy

Ack King

:stressed:

Bish

I would love to see footage of them making Full Moon like we got for NSN.

b7

Quote from: Bish on April 08, 2020, 10:27:53 PM
I would love to see footage of them making Full Moon like we got for NSN.
Can you imagine?

I guess creativity like that isn't meant to be filmed. They were locked away in those rooms and had to be on acid or something

BRockaBaby

I'm just in awe at how praised Queen is by her peers. Like 😩 

to have majority of her catalogue revered as some of the best R&B albums ever. 

to have your voice considered to be one of the best ever. And you not even near retirement. Like wtf.