I See Why Toni Says She's Not The Best Braxton Vocalist

Started by FRANCE, August 13, 2017, 09:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXX.

Quote from: CHI CHI. on August 14, 2017, 02:40:29 AM
I wonder if Toni really feels like Tamar sings better than her. Sometimes I feel like she's really nice and will say anything. Or maybe she genuinely feels like Tamar would blow her out of the water.

Tamar sings DOWN with all those melodyne dipped belts & high notes.  But she sounds an absolute wreck live most times.  And honestly, many of Toni's live vocals are a mess too.  So, I'd say they're pretty even if you weigh everything.

They both, IMO, are tone girls.  But Toni is the signature sound and blueprint.  And has classics.  She gave Tamar a style to run with.

Toni >

I just prefer what Tamar is doing musically these days.

FRANCE

I wonder if Toni really feels like Tamar sings better than her. Sometimes I feel like she's really nice and will say anything. Or maybe she genuinely feels like Tamar would blow her out of the water.
Toni at her peak, probably not. Toni now, Tamar is kinda doing more vocally. Even when all the Braxtons sing together as a group, Toni's practically inaudible while Tamar kinda takes the lead and soars.

Exhibit A

Oh and yeah, on that Centric special for Love and War album release, even Tamar's father said she's the best vocalist. Makes u wonder...

FlowerBomb

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Toni is better

Tamar sounds good because of the toni nuances in her voice and without those shed more or less be a mariah clone

But i love tamar but toni is the better vocalist and ahe doesnt do alot of vocal acrobats

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

GLOCK

Quote from: LITE on August 14, 2017, 02:54:49 AM
Toni at her peak, probably not. Toni now, Tamar is kinda doing more vocally. Even when all the Braxtons sing together as a group, Toni's practically inaudible while Tamar kinda takes the lead and soars.

Exhibit A

Oh and yeah, on that Centric special for Love and War album release, even Tamar's father said she's the best vocalist. Makes u wonder...
s

This was a MESS
and u can tell that Toni isn't use to singing with them anymore  :dead:

RAY7

Quote from: glock on August 14, 2017, 08:41:56 AM

Exhibit A

s

This was a MESS
and u can tell that Toni isn't use to singing with them anymore  :dead:
I was thinking about this
because backstage when they rehearsed this
Toni lead and was doing all these runs and belting
while constantly saying "I can't do that! It's too high"
She's kinda like Bran with the modesty and I'm an alto!
talk then next thing you know they're sounding like Aretha somewhere

Vonc2002

Yea, she sounded so good backstage and then didn't sing when they did it :hmph:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Genesis

I think Tamar has a better voice but Toni's is more unique

KING BENTLEY.

Exhibit A

s

Boy

H.#.G.*.Z

FRANCE

Quote from: Genesis on August 14, 2017, 10:41:54 AM
I think Tamar has a better voice but Toni's is more unique

Tamar has better range and she can do more with her voice than Toni. Her runs are also better. Toni isn't really an adlib, runs kinda vocalist. Aside from that, Toni is superior in everything else. Tone, control, live performances, emoting, etc.