Say something nice about a member you tend to "oppose"...

Started by Sharon., May 11, 2016, 07:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

Quote from: Mel. on May 11, 2016, 06:01:41 PM
Quote from: 1Tarig on May 11, 2016, 05:48:43 PM
Quote from: Mel. on May 11, 2016, 05:26:12 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 11, 2016, 05:20:23 PM
Quote from: Mel. on May 11, 2016, 05:14:20 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 11, 2016, 05:09:41 PM
Quote from: Mel. on May 11, 2016, 05:05:31 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 11, 2016, 04:57:23 PM
Quote from: Mel. on May 11, 2016, 04:54:36 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 11, 2016, 04:52:26 PM
Quote from: GRAND on May 11, 2016, 04:43:54 PM
Why is this thread so offensive to the people that don't care

I don't get it :dead:
Not being HOT because we are voicing positivity  :kii:

it's fake positivity tho.
its not coming from a real place....

that's the worst kinda "positivity" to display
How the fck is it not coming from a real place? no one here owes anyone ANYTHING! Dont nobody have to say anything about anyone.  U seem miserable tbh, it's unbecoming

cause it's bullshit. loll

you one of the main ones recently making the big ole spectacle, making a thread shading afro
And did u bypass the posts in here where we realized where things started, why things became tha way they did,  apologized and moved forward.  You're too old to be this way.  This board has really done a number on you

but luv...
I can't purchase what you're trying to sell me. I know it aint real gorl...

cause as soon as he says something you might not like yall will be back to square one
and vice versa....yall can only "play nice" but for so long until yall reveal your true selves...
But who in here said we are all going to be friends after this?  :dead:
Why because i said someone is smart does that have to mean I'm not gonna check them accordingly when necessary? No one is claiming to have swept all issues under the rug from here on out.  There's TONS of messy ass threads here,  why is it so crazy to have one where there's a cease fire and we all just be civil? We were all in ur thread advocating for u to have that and not everyone there was some mel fan. Ur doing the same thing lew did in there and it makes u look miserable tbh. Im done responding to your mess :dead:

BECAUSE YOU DON'T MEAN IT. LOL
the only reason you're saying anything is because you're being prompted to do so...

you cant stand him, you can't stand lew....
so I'm perplexed as to why you're trying to give nice. you know you dont mean it Lavaughn. lol
You dont really pay attention as much as you say you do

Vonc' softened on Lew WEEKS ago. Open your eyes/heart Mel. You definitely aren't the guy i came across 5 years ago, right now. I mean, we've all evolved, but i dont like some of what ur putting out there. Its really not the same

hmm....
you may be right.

but I'm done here. I'll leave the gorls to kill each other with kindness. lol
:blush: :blush: i see you

b7

Quote from: haitian krey?l on May 11, 2016, 06:02:25 PM
Quote from: 1Tarig on May 11, 2016, 05:59:34 PM
Quote from: haitian krey?l on May 11, 2016, 05:33:18 PM
Quote from: 1Tarig on May 11, 2016, 05:29:46 PM
Quote from: haitian krey?l on May 11, 2016, 04:44:02 PM
Quote from: Kurama on May 11, 2016, 04:32:57 PM
c

Why are we so quick to dismiss the impact of social/internet networks in this day in age. Especially considering an environment like this where members have been intimately e-involved since they were teens??
That's a good question, and I think it all has to do with walls a lot of us put up. These days it's all about who's the most "unbothered", "above it all"..."it's just a website, it's just a social network". I think many of us including myself are guilty of it to a lesser or greater extent.

In 2016 social networking accounts for a lot of interaction we have with one another. Maybe back in the era of dial-up/flip phones the term "it's just a <<insert random social network here>> " would be very relevant.

But people have lost their lives over social media beefs. I know a family that just had a bunch of drama based off of mess that went down on Facebook. These are still very relevant interactions, just through a different channel. I think the more people realize this, the less people will lose their jobs from FB posts or have people in front of their doors ready to fight "just" because they posted something offensive on Instagram.
!!!!!

and my perspective is a little different because i know im a rare breed in terms of being super super outgoing, and then all of a sudden
back into "hiding" whenever i see fit. I always make sure to still chat to as many people as possible even when indoors, but sometimes i shut everything off for peace, so although i cant speak for everyone here (and shouldn't try to) i do know that i personally have gone through at least a hundred different stages logging on to this site over the last 5 n a half years

I thought I'd outgrown it and even had negative thoughts of "Oh im above this shit now, too negative! haha" but i was dead wrong. I needed to come back and reintroduce myself, and for real this time. We're all real people. Every single one of us. It doesn't matter if its behind a screen. There's a LIFE behind the screen that we dont get to see and thats a big deal.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ESPYx66pA8

:wub:
SO true. A lot of it is a choice 

But in my case, (right before i stopped posting for a couple weeks) I've learned through God that i'm the epitome of what an empath is. I feel it now more than ever, so there are MANY threads i haven't even read yet because i already know where it's going. I couldn't quite handle it at the time but now i just tell myself that i wont even enter a thread to even read it or go beyond page 1 if it's gonna bother me so much. It's all real life so i dont separate the two as much,anymore. SO, in this life, I'm now learning to feel and touch others without becoming so emotionally overwhelmed.

As you know, Artists of any kind can feel it more than anyone at times. It can be too much if you let it, but im great now.
I love you. Beautiful self
I love you too!!  you've been another huge part of my life but I've never really said it

Another big influence for sure

FINE.

Quote from: haitian krey?l on May 11, 2016, 06:08:45 PM
Quote from: FINE. on May 11, 2016, 06:05:23 PM
Quote from: haitian krey?l on May 11, 2016, 06:03:39 PM
Quote from: FINE. on May 11, 2016, 06:03:10 PM
c

Why are we so quick to dismiss the impact of social/internet networks in this day in age. Especially considering an environment like this where members have been intimately e-involved since they were teens??
That's a good question, and I think it all has to do with walls a lot of us put up. These days it's all about who's the most "unbothered", "above it all"..."it's just a website, it's just a social network". I think many of us including myself are guilty of it to a lesser or greater extent.

In 2016 social networking accounts for a lot of interaction we have with one another. Maybe back in the era of dial-up/flip phones the term "it's just a <<insert random social network here>> " would be very relevant.

But people have lost their lives over social media beefs. I know a family that just had a bunch of drama based off of mess that went down on Facebook. These are still very relevant interactions, just through a different channel. I think the more people realize this, the less people will lose their jobs from FB posts or have people in front of their doors ready to fight "just" because they posted something offensive on Instagram.
!!!!!

and my perspective is a little different because i know im a rare breed in terms of being super super outgoing, and then all of a sudden
back into "hiding" whenever i see fit. I always make sure to still chat to as many people as possible even when indoors, but sometimes i shut everything off for peace, so although i cant speak for everyone here (and shouldn't try to) i do know that i personally have gone through at least a hundred different stages logging on to this site over the last 5 n a half years

I thought I'd outgrown it and even had negative thoughts of "Oh im above this shit now, too negative! haha" but i was dead wrong. I needed to come back and reintroduce myself, and for real this time. We're all real people. Every single one of us. It doesn't matter if its behind a screen. There's a LIFE behind the screen that we dont get to see and thats a big deal.

But in my case, (right before i stopped posting for a couple weeks) I've learned through God that i'm the epitome of what an empath is. I feel it now more than ever, so there are MANY threads i haven't even read yet because i already know where it's going. I couldn't quite handle it at the time but now i just tell myself that i wont even enter a thread to even read it or go beyond page 1 if it's gonna bother me so much. It's all real life so i dont separate the two as much,anymore. SO, in this life, I'm now learning to feel and touch others without becoming so emotionally overwhelmed.

As you know, Artists of any kind can feel it more than anyone at times. It can be too much if you let it, but im great now.
!!!!!

He could be my husband tbh
omg I was just thinking he'd give someone cute bvys.  :plzstop: :plzstop:
exotic and foreign

:jarvwhereru:
w/ purty skin  :jarvwhereru: :jarvwhereru: :jarvwhereru:

JRocka

congrats Mel....to turning a somewhat positive thread about you and what your negative assumptions brought! you kinda create the atmosphere of despair when you went left of people admiring good qualities of certain characters they don't "use"...sometimes you can be so contradicting with your logic of thinking at times and hate to be corrected! You can be judgemental and shading as any of us on here tbh....and you caused a whole riot in this thread. Like if you weren't feeling the thread you could have simply moved on and i ain't bout read no gaddamn pages after page 6....i have no beef with you but you started the fire in this thread 

Vonc2002

Quote from: 1Tarig on May 11, 2016, 06:06:39 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 11, 2016, 05:47:36 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on May 11, 2016, 05:45:20 PM
I might have to simmer downe a bit :diddraispoot:
Yea,  and put some fckn respeck on my name
SLSDSDSDSDSDDS

Haven't we exalted you enough

:mmywheresddy:
Yummy tries it and I'll fck him up :hmph:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

b7

Quote from: FINE. on May 11, 2016, 06:05:23 PM
Quote from: haitian krey?l on May 11, 2016, 06:03:39 PM
Quote from: FINE. on May 11, 2016, 06:03:10 PM
c

!!!!!

!!!!!

He could be my husband tbh
omg I was just thinking he'd give someone cute bvys.  :plzstop: :plzstop:
exotic and foreign

:jarvwhereru:
S;S;SSSSSDSDDSSDDSDSSD i love you!!

FINE.

Quote from: haitian krey?l on May 11, 2016, 06:10:49 PM
Yeah when I was in London and met a couple artists, we were talking about music, they asked where I heard something I said and I mentioned BSource, that I ran it, etc.

He was like "you run Bsource? Like THEE BSource?"

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

People are definitely watching on here that don't even sign up but stan for the site. It's not uncommon. Think of how many sites you visit that you read all the time but are never inspired to engage in the conversation taking place.....
omgmfmmdndmd

I had no idea ppl were in like THAT

Jdjdjsjdjdjdjdjkdjdjdjkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd

AIDS!

b7

Quote from: Mel. on May 11, 2016, 06:05:25 PM
Quote from: Kurama on May 11, 2016, 06:01:53 PM
Quote from: Glenda on May 11, 2016, 05:52:26 PM
I always figured people lurked. Hell, I lurk sometimes even when I'm not a member. We're an entertaining bunch.

And tbh I think the HIV and AIDS jokes are very offensive, late and not funny. A lot of you I'm surprised to see them coming from because you all are so intelligent.  :uhh: The jokes make you all come off as very HIV phobic and that isn't cute.

Cringe worthy even.

Wow yeah I agree with this

!!!!
wow yeah..I've kinda always said this. Never got the ki in those kinda "jokes"
now that i can say im uncomfortable with as well

I've laughed before, but its not ok.

b7

Quote from: haitian krey?l on May 11, 2016, 06:10:49 PM
Yeah when I was in London and met a couple artists, we were talking about music, they asked where I heard something I said and I mentioned BSource, that I ran it, etc.

He was like "you run Bsource? Like THEE BSource?"

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

People are definitely watching on here that don't even sign up but stan for the site. It's not uncommon. Think of how many sites you visit that you read all the time but are never inspired to engage in the conversation taking place.....
!!!!

sssdsddsssd i was in NYC during Brandy's album release week, and something similar happened to me. This guy thought it was
sooooooo cool that i moderated the board

Jon

Glenda

Quote from: Baphomet. on May 11, 2016, 06:06:17 PM
:dead: Im sorr' but the HIV/AIDS jokes/jabs are iconic.

Girl

Lew's stories are more iconic than those HIV/AIDS jokes.

b7

Quote from: LiBra on May 11, 2016, 06:11:43 PM
congrats Mel....to turning a somewhat positive thread about you and what your negative assumptions brought! you kinda create the atmosphere of despair when you went left of people admiring good qualities of certain characters they don't "use"...sometimes you can be so contradicting with your logic of thinking at times and hate to be corrected! You can be judgemental and shading as any of us on here tbh....and you caused a whole riot in this thread. Like if you weren't feeling the thread you could have simply moved on and i ain't bout read no gaddamn pages after page 6....i have no beef with you but you started the fire in this thread 
aw dont do that

look at his last reply on page 18 or 19