stank on AMAS

Started by asdfghjkl, November 23, 2015, 12:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Code Red: itsMista

That album was not good. It was was so boring. Just because he throw a church choir and old sound don't make it nothing. Nice first week but it did nothing afterwards

Bentley!

He doesn't justify why there would be a strictly soul or RnB/Soul RnB/Pop cat at the AMAs tho

He's just being catty cause he can't win :kii:

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Bentley! on November 23, 2015, 06:57:49 AM
Quote from: Mack on November 23, 2015, 06:48:27 AM
But then again was he trying to throw shade at Chris Brown, or Trey Songz?

Trey is def r&b, and he is a frequent collaborator of Chris's... So what is he trying to say? Create an extra category for Tyrese?
sssss
basically
So him n Tyrese can win a damn award sometime

It's no different from when they Beyonce and Ledisi in the same category st the Grammy's a few years ago. Beyonce won for Single Ladies, which was deserving, but as a result a lot of great R&B records were passed up because the categories are so sloppy.

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Bentley! on November 23, 2015, 08:09:01 AM
He doesn't justify why there would be a strictly soul or RnB/Soul RnB/Pop cat at the AMAs tho

But why shouldn't there be? It celebrates American music, last time I checked America is the home of Soul, so..?

And i'm far from a fan of either of them, I haven't even heard Tyrese's album but fair is fair.

GLOCK

He is right tho
Just cuz y'all don't like him doesn't make it right
The R&B artist are shitted on everywhere

Miranda

The nominees were Chris Brown, Trey Songz and Weeknd. So who is he mad at?

Lazarus

November 23, 2015, 08:32:07 AM #21 Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:33:36 AM by FOHWTBS
Dead

AMAs are based on sales, radio play, social media, etc. His ass just didn't qualify or compete. Better luck next time.

Rxxf

November 23, 2015, 08:32:54 AM #22 Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:33:08 AM by r
I think Tyrese is referring to Urban AC type of R&B. There needs to be a category for them, honestly.
BRANDY

Bentley!

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on November 23, 2015, 08:16:44 AM
Quote from: Bentley! on November 23, 2015, 08:09:01 AM

But why shouldn't there be? It celebrates American music, last time I checked America is the home of Soul, so..?

And i'm far from a fan of either of them, I haven't even heard Tyrese's album but fair is fair.
now I agree with the Ledisi/Beyonc? mess. But that's because of the distinction in their genres.

For all practical purposes DRYese and sTank have been typical RNB men their whole careers. sTank even recently collabed with Chris n Omarion I think.

I just feel like in this case he's crying wolf. TRYese only has one "soul" alber. He can't expect to be lauded and highly praised as this great soul singer.

And sTank makes the same music as Chris n Trey imo

Lazarus

This nigga won 1 before.

I'm fuckin' done.

Bentley!

sssss
Who Tryese?

cause sTank hasn't won any awards in his career, no shade

He only got nominated for smthng when he was linked with Ginuwine in TGT lolz

Lazarus

Quote from: Bentley! on November 23, 2015, 08:49:18 AM
sssss
Who Tryese?

cause sTank hasn't won any awards in his career, no shade

He only got nominated for smthng when he was linked with Ginuwine in TGT lolz

Yeah Tyrese for Favorite Soul/R&B New Artist

GLOCK

v
So what..
Urban AC shouldn't be fazed out or treated like shit
They need a few awards
Just like them country hoes got

GLOCK

I don't even like them but they are right

GLOCK

And keep in mind faggots .. It's almost time for our faves to creep into AC ... Dummies