Exclusive: Brandy Talks Mariah Colab, Queens, New Music, Full Moon (vid inside)

Started by Seven, January 06, 2022, 01:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenRen986

I hate how Brandy talks about R&B sometimes, like there's something wrong with having an R&B album. I think that's why B7 feels flat to me. The second half of the album isn't as strong as the first half, and that's the more experimental half.

No way we should've gotten Baby Mama from her when her "baby" is old enough to have her own child. Meanwhile songs like "Rather Be", "Say Something" and "Lucid Dreams" were right there.

And don't even get me started on the missed opportunity for "Do you know" and "Wish your love away" from TE.

Her most relatable/successful songs that resonate with people are R&B. She is the vocal bible but she doesn't know hits.

RAY7

Funny though because during 2/11 era she kept saying that she was finally being true to her R&B roots and that's what she should stay doing. This talk about her branching out is actually new for her 

Harlem

I would love for Bran stop explaining her music and just do it and let us judge lol

RenRen986

Quote from: RAY7 on January 09, 2022, 11:34:17 AM
Funny though because during 2/11 era she kept saying that she was finally being true to her R&B roots and that's what she should stay doing. This talk about her branching out is actually new for her

I think I've noticed her saying it more when making B7. "It's not too r&b, not too soul, not too pop, it's something for everyone". I'm not too sure if she knows who exactly her audience is. So she kinda casts a wide net when describing the music.

RenRen986

Quote from: Harlem on January 09, 2022, 11:37:59 AM
I would love for Bran stop explaining her music and just do it and let us judge lol

I agree! Whatever it is, it'll stand on its own.

Gilgamesh.

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

January 09, 2022, 02:26:15 PM #84 Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 02:32:35 PM by Demetri Merrick Rocka 🤴🏾
Truthfully speaking she's been talking about doing country music since she left Atlantic. So it's time she got it out of her system, she should do more genre bending songs similar to how she did them on "full moon". That would be a easy way of dipping into other genres while still staying in her core rnb roots.

I don't think it's fair to say she doesn't know her audience. I believe she does and it explains a lot about her process. Me as a Stan believe her voice is too unique to just do straight rnb songs, I wanna hear her cover almost every genre, collaborate with unusual artists, and truly showcase her voice like a instrument (not in the conventional way).

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

The definition

Quote from: RAY7 on January 09, 2022, 11:34:17 AM
Brandy seems confused, she said before the human album that she found a new way to use her voice, then when it flopped, she blamed Darkchild for making a pop album and said her roots were R&B, when she tried r&b with 2/11 and it flopped even harder, she took a long break and then came out with the experimental B7, she seems like she doesn't know what direction to take with her music....just trying everything looking for a hit

Harlem

That why she should stop explaining her music in advance and just describe it after it's release... it's too confusing... like Queen record whatever the fuck you want as long as you believed it and let the fans judge after

RAY7

Well 99% of artists describe their music. It's part of  their sales pitch every era except when they surprise release 

Harlem

Well she doesn't have to in this new generation... less detail is more to avoid expectations and put it all behind the marketing strategy to sell the album

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

I really feel bad for brandy at times. It's  not that she doesn't believe in her music;  she wants to please all of us. Brandy fanbase is very diverse and people like her for many different reasons.  Most of the time her fans come off ungrateful and make her feel like what she put out wasn't enough! Prime example is her being on live just months after dropping B7 and people were asking for more music LMAO. The way she and guy she was on Live with handle it spoke volumes to me.