Sza — S.O.S. (Album Discussion Thread)

Started by Lucid Salvatore, December 04, 2022, 06:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandy's Unconditional Ocean

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on December 09, 2022, 03:03:47 AMSHIRT is still the best mess :plzstop:

And sis needs some new melodies, that drawl she sings in gets redundant quick, especially in these short songs.

I like the album, it's no CTRL (seriously there's not one song that can touch "Garden" or "Weekend") but it's good.
:kii:  i agree with every word

Quote from: Georgina Sparks on December 09, 2022, 11:22:03 AMI couldn't really get through the rest of this, I lost interest. It falls completely flat after Notice Me (except the singles). She literally could've cut this back by like 10 tracks.

SOS, Seek & Destroy, Used, Notice Me, Good Days >>>
Notice me is one of the worst songs to me but the rest of these are cute

Quote from: Corp. on December 09, 2022, 11:34:54 PM
Quote from: Palladium on December 09, 2022, 11:15:26 PM
Quote from: Sovereign. on December 09, 2022, 11:11:45 PM
Quote from: Corp. on December 09, 2022, 08:16:43 PMOn first listen I like it a lot. I could have done without:
Notice Me
Far
Too Late
Conceited

You don't like "Far"?  :-o

!
:disgusted:

My bad, I do like that one. I was just looking at the tracklist and tryna remember what they sound like. She could have taken off I Hate U too because it's too many damn tracks! Take off about 5 or 6 of these and add some damn bridges!

DopeSoul.

Quote from: DopeSoul. on January 15, 2023, 09:39:20 PM
Quote from: Say-Something-ReVon on January 15, 2023, 03:46:04 AMFINALLY LISTENING TO HER ALBUM TODAY AND IT'S BEEN ON REPLAY!
I LOVE HOW SHE RECYCLES HER MELODIES AND VOCAL ARRANGEMENTS FROM HER FIRST ALBUM.
IT'S FAMILIAR BUT NEW AT THE SAME TIME, SO YOU DON'T REALLY GET TIRED OF IT BECAUSE IT'S CATCHY AF.
NOT EVERYBODY CAN DO THAT. A LOT OF ARTISTS SHOULD TAKE NOTE.

:gorlonfire:
wow
U said it perfectly

There's something familiar and old about these songs
I think that's the reason why I'm not in love with the album