Brandy - Freedom Rings (Out Now!) [#1 R&B/Top 40 iTunes]

Started by Kaeli., September 23, 2019, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUGO

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 25, 2019, 06:39:38 PM
Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 25, 2019, 06:36:36 PM
IMO Brandy has never disappointed musically. She has never released a bad song, a bad album. Even the songs she just decides to drop that aren't singles like Cigarettes, Beggin, Silent Night, etc. are always appreciated musically. This song that seems like it's just an intro to the album/era will be no different.

This is true.

It's that weird ass personality that's questionable 😂

HUGO

Quote from: Tonkaman on September 25, 2019, 06:40:14 PM
Was this always the first single?  :uhh:  This seems like a last minute thing and if so the previous sounds described sound so different and far off from this, so has the entire direction of the album changed?  :uhh:

That's what I'm afraid of. This has almost always been the case with her

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Bentley. A Moderator. on September 25, 2019, 06:35:22 PM
Quote from: 89 on September 25, 2019, 06:07:31 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 25, 2019, 05:44:17 PM
I dunno, i just always feel like it's an act with Brandy. Today she feels like being "hippy Brandy", last year it was Keyboard Warrior Brandy, and we've heard so many versions in the last 5 years alone :dead:

How many times have we heard this spiel before?
from the way she said the first few words on this video all dramatic gffghhhbgdfc
She is so extra
sssss
extra is something else lol

Fake is more the correct word.

The fact Brandy associates with ppl like Kip speaks volumes  :plzstop:

i cant believe she associates with kip.  i need more proof.  bran isnt in that need of fags that bad..

Monika

IMO Brandy has never disappointed musically. She has never released a bad song, a bad album. Even the songs she just decides to drop that aren't singles like Cigarettes, Beggin, Silent Night, etc. are always appreciated musically. This song that seems like it's just an intro to the album/era will be no different.

This is true.

well, everybody is different.  We aren't all alike. That's what makes us who we are. Not everbody will like it, and that's ok because you are still you.
Yahudah

brocka4life

Quote from: Tonkaman on September 25, 2019, 06:40:14 PM
Was this always the first single?  :uhh:  This seems like a last minute thing and if so the previous sounds described sound so different and far off from this, so has the entire direction of the album changed?  :uhh:

The direction always changes. It has with every album she's released, with the exception of the first album.

Amazing

I dunno, i just always feel like it's an act with Brandy. Today she feels like being "hippy Brandy", last year it was Keyboard Warrior Brandy, and we've heard so many versions in the last 5 years alone :dead:

Wow this is close to what I wanted to say. But I would have been more DIRECT with my language. :)

I betta stop before I get perma banned again. :)

DrewBabyLove

This is true.

What's weird to me is that y'all think y'all know her personality fully as if y'all know her personally. Most of y'all have never even had a conversation with her. Y'all think y'all know who she is and isn't based off small snippets of what y'all see and hear.

brocka4life

I mean, her biggest music collaborator who she was working with just passed away. Do y'all really expect to her release a bop and do an 8 count? All while still mourning? That's what would really be fake. 

Imagine having a label choose what music you release for almost 20 years, then fighting in the courts for the ability to even release music. Let this girl sing about her freedom in peace. 

Harlem

ima give her til friday before I really dig in

FRANCE

Quote from: hewritez on September 25, 2019, 05:46:31 PM
I wanna know what the single was supposed to be, cause this seems like a last
-minute switch  :receipts:

It DEFINITELY sounds like a last minute switch. Like a song that was just recently recorded. Lashawn died Sep 3rd so this is some song she recorded a couple weeks ago?

I'm sorry....after a 7 yr wait, I didn't expect this at all. But if its like an intro to the album, like a teaser, I have no problem with it.

DJ Camper must be pissed. After recording with this woman for all these years and then out of nowhere a song is recorded less than a month ago and is now the 1st official release. Whew! TBH, she doesnt even sound like her voice is in tip top shape in that studio, but we'll see...

brocka4life

What a contradiction. Always different, but always the same.  :shannonsmissing:

FRANCE

I have to give her props for the roll out of the song tho. The lil teasers each day leading up until tomorrow night. This is different for her and a step in the right direction. 

Amazing

Quote from: Kalifornia on September 25, 2019, 05:55:46 PM

I didn't wanna be the one to say it.

I'm biting my tongue so hard...

FUCK IT!

We used READ Mary and KenDONT for sport on Maryluvs when it was necessary with no repercussions.

KippDaddy

Quote from: Lew Scherzinger Norwood on September 25, 2019, 03:58:56 PM
Quote from: lovechild on September 25, 2019, 11:43:20 AM
Thank you Kip for giving us some insight and something to look forward to.

Nigga fuck dat burly misinformed  delusional dyke

He sellin wolf tickets 99 percent of the time

Lew  :kii:
Boi

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: COIS on September 25, 2019, 06:53:29 PM
Quote from: hewritez on September 25, 2019, 05:46:31 PM
I wanna know what the single was supposed to be, cause this seems like a last
-minute switch  :receipts:

It DEFINITELY sounds like a last minute switch. Like a song that was just recently recorded. Lashawn died Sep 3rd so this is some song she recorded a couple weeks ago?

I'm sorry....after a 7 yr wait, I didn't expect this at all. But if its like an intro to the album, like a teaser, I have no problem with it.

DJ Camper must be pissed. After recording with this woman for all these years and then out of nowhere a song is recorded less than a month ago and is now the 1st official release. Whew! TBH, she doesnt even sound like her voice is in tip top shape in that studio, but we'll see...

!!!!!!!!!

like if this song is about lashawn it doesnt sound like a good idea.  Its kinda like when she went with wildest dreams in dedication to Ryan.  SMH cant she just make the song a bonus track and call it a day lolz