Brandy - Freedom Rings (Out Now!) [#1 R&B/Top 40 iTunes]

Started by Kaeli., September 23, 2019, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: Monika on September 25, 2019, 06:44:03 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 25, 2019, 06:39:38 PM
Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 25, 2019, 06:36:36 PM
IMO Brandy has never disappointed musically. She has never released a bad song, a bad album. Even the songs she just decides to drop that aren't singles like Cigarettes, Beggin, Silent Night, etc. are always appreciated musically. This song that seems like it's just an intro to the album/era will be no different.

This is true.

It's that weird ass personality that's questionable 😂
well, everybody is different.  We aren't all alike. That's what makes us who we are. Not everbody will like it, and that's ok because you are still you.

!!

I truly can't believe some of these grown ups act the way they do and pass judgement the way they do with someone they supposedly have so much love for... but like you said, we're all very different.

KippDaddy

Quote from: Lew Scherzinger Norwood on September 25, 2019, 03:58:56 PM
Quote from: lovechild on September 25, 2019, 11:43:20 AM
Thank you Kip for giving us some insight and something to look forward to.

Nigga fuck dat burly misinformed  delusional dyke

He sellin wolf tickets 99 percent of the time

Nigga all u selling is $5 medium two toppin pizzas. 

Don't do it bro.   

Dooooo not!

The info that I hve mentioned is all valid (the small bit)

Whether ur wide silver back ass cum dump wants to believe it or not is another story.

KippDaddy

Quote from: Troye Stormborn on September 25, 2019, 06:56:37 PM
Quote from: COIS on September 25, 2019, 06:53:29 PM
Quote from: hewritez on September 25, 2019, 05:46:31 PM
I wanna know what the single was supposed to be, cause this seems like a last
-minute switch  :receipts:

It DEFINITELY sounds like a last minute switch. Like a song that was just recently recorded. Lashawn died Sep 3rd so this is some song she recorded a couple weeks ago?

I'm sorry....after a 7 yr wait, I didn't expect this at all. But if its like an intro to the album, like a teaser, I have no problem with it.

DJ Camper must be pissed. After recording with this woman for all these years and then out of nowhere a song is recorded less than a month ago and is now the 1st official release. Whew! TBH, she doesnt even sound like her voice is in tip top shape in that studio, but we'll see...

!!!!!!!!!

like if this song is about lashawn it doesnt sound like a good idea.  Its kinda like when she went with wildest dreams in dedication to Ryan.  SMH cant she just make the song a bonus track and call it a day lolz

His name is literally in it

hewritez

I trust that the album will be good.
This new song seems like a response to Lashawn's passing, which is understandable.
But I  can see how people who have waited 7 years and supported her last two efforts (even though they weren't to the level of her formative work) would be upset.

she invented a sound that has influenced so many current artists today,
so to see her switch gears and do a twangy song about freedom is a bit...perplexing.
anyway...can't wait to hear.

Afrodisiac15

She sounds beyond amazing but I'm not here for the negro spiritual for the first single. We've waited 7 years for this Bran needs to drop something catchy and radio friendly or she's going the kill the anticipation she has. I get the concept  but she's been saying "Free" since Lady of Soul let's move on a bit..

Amazing

Quote from: Bentley. A Moderator. on September 25, 2019, 06:35:22 PM
Quote from: 89 on September 25, 2019, 06:07:31 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 25, 2019, 05:44:17 PM
I dunno, i just always feel like it's an act with Brandy. Today she feels like being "hippy Brandy", last year it was Keyboard Warrior Brandy, and we've heard so many versions in the last 5 years alone :dead:

How many times have we heard this spiel before?
from the way she said the first few words on this video all dramatic gffghhhbgdfc
She is so extra
sssss
extra is something else lol

Fake is more the correct word.

The fact Brandy associates with ppl like Kip speaks volumes  :plzstop:

This is the WORD I wanted to use but was keeping it cute. :plzstop:

BrandonBranlee

Ya'll are so negative. You kinda suck lol. Brandy is an artist and some artists put out one album and go away. Be grateful she's still inspired and releasing music. To me she looks great and sounds great as always. The instrumental got me excited and she seems excited about the song so it's a good time to be a Brandy fan.

SouravMay

B7

Amazing

You gotta let people state their honest opinions on things.

DrewBabyLove

I don't think this is an official single but we'll find out tomorrow.

DrewBabyLove

I said a couple days ago I don't even think this song will be on her album. 

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: KippDaddy on September 25, 2019, 06:58:21 PM
Quote from: Troye Stormborn on September 25, 2019, 06:56:37 PM

It DEFINITELY sounds like a last minute switch. Like a song that was just recently recorded. Lashawn died Sep 3rd so this is some song she recorded a couple weeks ago?

I'm sorry....after a 7 yr wait, I didn't expect this at all. But if its like an intro to the album, like a teaser, I have no problem with it.

DJ Camper must be pissed. After recording with this woman for all these years and then out of nowhere a song is recorded less than a month ago and is now the 1st official release. Whew! TBH, she doesnt even sound like her voice is in tip top shape in that studio, but we'll see...

!!!!!!!!!

like if this song is about lashawn it doesnt sound like a good idea.  Its kinda like when she went with wildest dreams in dedication to Ryan.  SMH cant she just make the song a bonus track and call it a day lolz

His name is literally in it

sigh

Monika

Camper posted or retweeted about it. I saw it. He said "it's time".
Yahudah