Started by Kaeli., September 23, 2019, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DraeDrizzl3

Quote from: Monika on September 25, 2019, 07:11:31 PM
Quote from: COIS on September 25, 2019, 06:53:29 PM
Quote from: hewritez on September 25, 2019, 05:46:31 PM
I wanna know what the single was supposed to be, cause this seems like a last
-minute switch  :receipts:

It DEFINITELY sounds like a last minute switch. Like a song that was just recently recorded. Lashawn died Sep 3rd so this is some song she recorded a couple weeks ago?

I'm sorry....after a 7 yr wait, I didn't expect this at all. But if its like an intro to the album, like a teaser, I have no problem with it.

DJ Camper must be pissed. After recording with this woman for all these years and then out of nowhere a song is recorded less than a month ago and is now the 1st official release. Whew! TBH, she doesnt even sound like her voice is in tip top shape in that studio, but we'll see...
Camper posted or retweeted about it. I saw it. He said "it's time".
Don't bother.  :kii:

FRANCE

It DEFINITELY sounds like a last minute switch. Like a song that was just recently recorded. Lashawn died Sep 3rd so this is some song she recorded a couple weeks ago?

I'm sorry....after a 7 yr wait, I didn't expect this at all. But if its like an intro to the album, like a teaser, I have no problem with it.

DJ Camper must be pissed. After recording with this woman for all these years and then out of nowhere a song is recorded less than a month ago and is now the 1st official release. Whew! TBH, she doesnt even sound like her voice is in tip top shape in that studio, but we'll see...

Im sure he likes the song and all too. And I'm sure I will probably like the song. But this aint it at all. Reminds me of when Kanye swooped in last minute and TAOL got released as the 1st single. I'd prefer Baby Mama or Borderline tbqh.

FRANCE

Quote from: African Queen 2.0 on September 25, 2019, 07:08:16 PM
You gotta let people state their honest opinions on things.

Yeah, and we have every right to after this long wait.

I know I'll like the song tho. Im not sure what plans she has for it, but it doesn't scream 'Brandy is back' at all.

Monika

Quote from: COIS on September 25, 2019, 07:17:22 PM

Im sure he likes the song and all too. And I'm sure I will probably like the song. But this aint it at all. Reminds me of when Kanye swooped in last minute and TAOL got released as the 1st single. I'd prefer Baby Mama or Borderline tbqh.
i think you should just wait for Brandy's next move. Don't get all upset before you hear or see spmething. It's not worth it. Let it play out, and then see how you feel.
Yahudah

KippDaddy

I do not get the hype with. its a  great song  ain't just don't think it needs to be a single!  I am more,  b Lack barbie and baby momma are it tho

BRockaBaby

Y'all are annoying as fuck lol 

what if she genuinely is in a space that she has never been in before. Aren't we always evolving as humans? Forever learning about ourselves? How is that fake? 

the girl was caught up in a bad arrangement and couldn't  create how she wanted to. And now she feels free. Probably the most free she's ever felt as an indie artist. How is that fake? 

if this is the sound she wants to release and the song she wants to sing as an artist, she should do just that. And as a fan you have the choice to like it or not. And if you don't, you can move on and be a fan for someone else... 

I wish someone would swoop in y'all lives and tell y'all wtf y'all should or should not do. Y'all would all tell them to kiss y'all ass. 🤷🏾‍♂️

An artist doesn't owe you anything just remember that. They only have to do one thing...be true to who they are and express themselves through their art. If that's what she's doing then so be it. 

some of y'all just need to accept the fact that brandy is not your face anymore and you are no longer a fan.  And move the fuck on and let ya people that still adore her be in this moment that we have been waiting for.  #MOVEBITCH

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: KippDaddy on September 25, 2019, 07:28:16 PM

I do not get the hype with. its a  great song  ain't just don't think it needs to be a single!  I am more,  b Lack barbie and baby momma are it tho

Is it the official first single?

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: BRockaBaby on September 25, 2019, 07:28:32 PM
Y'all are annoying as fuck lol

what if she genuinely is in a space that she has never been in before. Aren't we always evolving as humans? Forever learning about ourselves? How is that fake?

the girl was caught up in a bad arrangement and couldn't  create how she wanted to. And now she feels free. Probably the most free she's ever felt as an indie artist. How is that fake?

if this is the sound she wants to release and the song she wants to sing as an artist, she should do just that. And as a fan you have the choice to like it or not. And if you don't, you can move on and be a fan for someone else...

I wish someone would swoop in y'all lives and tell y'all wtf y'all should or should not do. Y'all would all tell them to kiss y'all ass. 🤷🏾‍♂️

An artist doesn't owe you anything just remember that. They only have to do one thing...be true to who they are and express themselves through their art. If that's what she's doing then so be it.

some of y'all just need to accept the fact that brandy is not your face anymore and you are no longer a fan.  And move the fuck on and let ya people that still adore her be in this moment that we have been waiting for.  #MOVEBITCH

Bentley. HARRIS!

s

You went on that long ass rant and none of what you listed was even the reason she was called fake

You ok BRocka?, you seem really worked up for no reason :plzstop:

BRockaBaby

Quote from: Bentley. A Moderator. on September 25, 2019, 07:33:16 PM
s

You went on that long ass rant and none of what you listed was even the reason she was called fake

I'll do what I want love.... and I wrote what I wrote. Just as you did. 🤷🏾‍♂️

BRockaBaby

Quote from: Bentley. A Moderator. on September 25, 2019, 07:33:16 PM
s

I guess you felt like I was talking directly to you but....I wasn't. I didn't @ anybody or quote anybody. But the tone for the last few pages has been negative AF

hewritez

Oh I forgot about "Black Barbie"
Now that...is a statement.

Ulysses

Who doesn't want for an artist they love to release HONEST, heartfelt music??? Y'all don't make sense. If y'all wanna drop your bussies down, Stan for another artist. I'd rather her deliver music SHE loves and feels because NOTHING translates better than that. Y'all are ruining the fucking excitement. Debbie fucking downers...

BRockaBaby

Quote from: Ulysses on September 25, 2019, 07:39:17 PM
Who doesn't want for an artist they love to release HONEST, heartfelt music??? Y'all don't make sense. If y'all wanna drop your bussies down, Stan for another artist. I'd rather her deliver music SHE loves and feels because NOTHING translates better than that. Y'all are ruining the fucking excitement. Debbie fucking downers...

!!!!!
Like I don't get it. All these new artists out here with the sound y'all want and y'all keep shitting on this girl. Move the fuck on!!!

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 25, 2019, 06:49:59 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 25, 2019, 06:39:38 PM
Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 25, 2019, 06:36:36 PM
IMO Brandy has never disappointed musically. She has never released a bad song, a bad album. Even the songs she just decides to drop that aren't singles like Cigarettes, Beggin, Silent Night, etc. are always appreciated musically. This song that seems like it's just an intro to the album/era will be no different.

This is true.

It's that weird ass personality that's questionable 😂

What's weird to me is that y'all think y'all know her personality fully as if y'all know her personally. Most of y'all have never even had a conversation with her. Y'all think y'all know who she is and isn't based off small snippets of what y'all see and hear.

Well yeah i've been a stan since I was 8 years old so after 22+ years i think i got her figured out :udontlookok: