Brandy - Freedom Rings (Out Now!) [#1 R&B/Top 40 iTunes]

Started by Kaeli., September 23, 2019, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: BRockaBaby on September 25, 2019, 07:35:56 PM
Quote from: Bentley. A Moderator. on September 25, 2019, 07:33:16 PM
s

You went on that long ass rant and none of what you listed was even the reason she was called fake

You ok BRocka?, you seem really worked up for no reason :plzstop:

I guess you felt like I was talking directly to you but....I wasn't. I didn't @ anybody or quote anybody. But the tone for the last few pages has been negative AF
you were bby!

You felt a way about me calling Brandy's behavior fake, just own that :plzstop:

I'm just wondering why is it so important what I think about it anyways? :uhh:

Mrd0ndada

September 25, 2019, 07:43:30 PM #436 Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 07:45:27 PM by Mrd0ndada
This feels like a kick off to the era... like a abt Brandy type of record chronicling her career highs & lows thru song.  A  Buzz joint like "Turn it up" .... being released on the 25th anniversary is a dead giveaway of what this song is gonna give imo.     
🙄

Bentley. HARRIS!

BRocka you need to stop!

You're fuming owt and it's just TOO MUCH!

You're doing entirely TOO MUCH!

BRockaBaby

Quote from: Bentley. A Moderator. on September 25, 2019, 07:42:37 PM
Quote from: BRockaBaby on September 25, 2019, 07:35:56 PM
Quote from: Bentley. A Moderator. on September 25, 2019, 07:33:16 PM
s

You went on that long ass rant and none of what you listed was even the reason she was called fake

You ok BRocka?, you seem really worked up for no reason :plzstop:

I guess you felt like I was talking directly to you but....I wasn't. I didn't @ anybody or quote anybody. But the tone for the last few pages has been negative AF
you were bby!

You felt a way about me calling Brandy's behavior fake, just own that :plzstop:

I'm just wondering why is it so important what I think about it anyways? :uhh:

Nah you may have said it but others echoed it and the vibe has been negative. Period.

Unless i @ you or quote you, you shouldn't feel any type of way. I think I've shown that I have no problem speaking directly to people on this board as few times as it may be.

But we can agree to disagree. All good.

Monika

Anyways, i am excited! Let the art come! I love it!
Yahudah

KippDaddy

Brand new like the morning I'm sick of confirming

I do like it. Just think they gon be be preparing another song soon.

I hope I'm
Wrong but it's different  and it won't fit any radio format unfortunately

Buy The Stars✨

hopefully its just  buzz single mess  if it is this dedication aaliyah miss you type song 

KippDaddy

September 25, 2019, 08:01:03 PM #443 Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:02:47 PM by KippDaddy
Quote from: Troye Stormborn on September 25, 2019, 07:57:27 PM
hopefully its just  buzz single mess  if it is this dedication aaliyah miss you type song

It's not it's a quick mention

It's about her struggles of not feeling free and that's a legit claim. (No one knows what it's like in her shoes). At this point I just want her to get all this anx out.   I have heard a lot of what she been  recording and I kno everyone is in for another top notched piece of art.

At this point I'm
Like ok Brandy do whatever u want!  Whatever makes u feel whole.  Whatever you think will touch the most people in the way you want to

I just really wish it wasn't so b&p ish.  I don't want people to get confused.  But again hey it's her project

hewritez

Quote from: Ulysses on September 25, 2019, 07:39:17 PM
Who doesn't want for an artist they love to release HONEST, heartfelt music??? Y'all don't make sense. If y'all wanna drop your bussies down, Stan for another artist. I'd rather her deliver music SHE loves and feels because NOTHING translates better than that. Y'all are ruining the fucking excitement. Debbie fucking downers...

i don't know if anyone else feels this way, but sometimes it comes off as if she loves something in the moment,  gasses it up, only to realize later that she didn't actually care for it. and the result is putting out music that isn't really...her. i totally support her right to express herself in whatever way she wants, but i think her choices of what gets released are often heavily influenced by sudden whims. if that makes sense. either way, the music is here and i'm looking forward to it.

FRANCE

Cowboy Nine

So was that backwoods Mississippi beat for this song or another one?

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: hewritez on September 25, 2019, 08:04:05 PM
Quote from: Ulysses on September 25, 2019, 07:39:17 PM
Who doesn't want for an artist they love to release HONEST, heartfelt music??? Y'all don't make sense. If y'all wanna drop your bussies down, Stan for another artist. I'd rather her deliver music SHE loves and feels because NOTHING translates better than that. Y'all are ruining the fucking excitement. Debbie fucking downers...

i don't know if anyone else feels this way, but sometimes it comes off as if she loves something in the moment,  gasses it up, only to realize later that she didn't actually care for it. and the result is putting out music that isn't really...her. i totally support her right to express herself in whatever way she wants, but i think her choices of what gets released are often heavily influenced by sudden whims. if that makes sense. either way, the music is here and i'm looking forward to it.

well i agree with this. she makes last min changes alot. from what everyone is saying this wasnt the single to begin with as i said it reminds me of her making wildest dreams the 2nd single cause of her love for ryan

TriBeCa

September 25, 2019, 08:09:13 PM #449 Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:14:49 PM by TriBeCa
It does sound like the direction of the music changed. This is why she needs just release more frequently and put out whatever she works on while it's fresh instead of getting in her head.

She doesn't know how to choose singles. She always wants to release songs that speak her truth, like Wildest Dreams. She should just save that type of shit for the album, and release hit singles that people actually want to sing along to.