M O N I C A (Code Red>>>>)

Started by Young, January 03, 2016, 04:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

throwintheTAL

Yeah, except there's nothing that's very iconic, original or memorable about monika

No one talks about her. I feel bad

FRANCE

Quote from: Baphomet. on January 25, 2016, 12:57:43 AM
No.

A R&B Icon. At most.

Even the word Icon is a stretch. There really is nothing iconic or revolutionary about her career. I'm trying to think...but nothing. Nothing unique about her sound, her fashion, her stage presence, her endeavors outside of music, NOTHING.

Rxxf

her longevity is commendable though.
not everyone from that era is still here
BRANDY

throwintheTAL

I wonder how glock, Braundin and them will react when in just six short weeks after the Code Red release, she'll be retiring that used tampax wig for her usual pixie dyke cut

throwintheTAL

Quote from: Francois Lite on January 25, 2016, 01:03:17 AM
Quote from: Baphomet. on January 25, 2016, 12:57:43 AM
No.

A R&B Icon. At most.

Even the word Icon is a stretch. There really is nothing iconic or revolutionary about her career. I'm trying to think...but nothing. Nothing unique about her sound, her fashion, her stage presence, her endeavors outside of music, NOTHING.
Unfortunately, I'll have to agree

:ATLcameo:

throwintheTAL

Quote from: R. on January 25, 2016, 01:04:37 AM
She may as well not even be here

The era is finished. Finito! The album didn't get a single cert or a single spin on radio. A real she could disappear forever, and no one would even notice tea

throwintheTAL

Tamar's music career is as equally shameful

It's a kii shame

throwintheTAL

January 25, 2016, 01:11:15 AM #277 Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:11:30 AM by ralfsdaddy
& ANTI will stay on tje Rocawear shelf for the infinity faggots

FRANCE

Let's just stick to Monica guys. We don't need to throw in every other artist all the time.

Now I'm waitin on the Mons' opinion on this topic.

Scott.

January 25, 2016, 01:23:05 AM #279 Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:23:39 AM by Scott.
I don't think it matters. Legend, icon or not, I love her for her music. The other shit is secondary to me. Can't speak for the rest of the Mons

FRANCE

Quote from: R. on January 25, 2016, 12:46:43 AM
hmmm...
she's more of a stable veteran
which is an accomplishment

That's the perfect word. Veteran. An R&B stable veteran.

tigernathan

You would have to make an impact to be a legend or icon. She is neither. Just a flop.

Rxxf

Quote from: imaan. on January 25, 2016, 01:31:35 AM
You would have to make an impact to be a legend or icon. She is neither. Just a flop.

the way you say things
:kii:
i love it
BRANDY

Bish

January 25, 2016, 01:39:33 AM #284 Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:39:44 AM by Bish
Quote from: R. on January 25, 2016, 01:04:37 AM
I've never been a Monica fan and there is nothing about her that distinguishes her as a true artist, but it's definitely commendable that she's had a sustaining career.