just ordered my AncestryDNA kit!

Started by tigernathan, February 29, 2016, 04:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herb.

March 12, 2016, 10:12:07 PM #165 Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:19:55 PM by Herbie
Discovering tea can give you chills.

I never looked into or really thought about Native animal spirits and their meaning until I ran across my Uncle Badger during my research. But it made me more interested in it, and last week I ran across what the Elk means to the Natives.

Its eerily similar to how I feel about  the Buck. I've had this chain since 2010 (years before ancestry was even something I cared about) and it always meant so much to me. Everyone always asked me what it means, Squid being one of them, last year I explained it to him.

:stressed:

My best friend kii'd down when I first told her what the animal meant to me. I always felt like I am the Buck. People will have you thinking you're crazy. But this is why I say research helps you make more sense of things.

Herb.

Quote from: IMAAN on March 12, 2016, 10:06:15 PM
Afro, sorr' bby. You're right.

the Somalian girl's GED match says 56% E African.
:cheerup:

:wub:

Herb.

it's just about properly interpreting the results. I think that's the biggest "rookie" mistake when it comes to these tests...automatically taking everything as it appears on the labels. "oh! I'm 20% Scandinavian!" (when it could be trying to pick up neighboring UK heritage)  or "omfg I'm 35% Cherokee! and 15% white :wellheythere:" when it's trying to pick up on your Mexican heritage based in South America via "Native American" results, and your Spanish heritage in the Iberian Peninsula via "West Europe" results. :dead:

Inject My Lips

These GEDmatch tests are so confusing.

Herb.

March 13, 2016, 01:33:55 AM #170 Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:34:03 AM by Herbie
whats ur kit # bvy? PM it to me.
i'll help u.

tigernathan

They already got my DNA :ohwow: so fast. I hope I get my results just as fast.

Young

Zankou.

Young

sis....99.9% Nigerian aint worth the money babe

tigernathan

Young

after sending it in it only took about 2 1/2 weeks

Zankou.

Quote from: Young on March 14, 2016, 05:39:18 PM
sis....99.9% Nigerian aint worth the money babe

n

well you paid to find out you were 100% SHIT, so what's the difference babe