Why doesn't Coko...

Started by 4everEric, January 15, 2016, 07:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martian

Ehhhhh vray leeeeee tle dreeeehp daaaaahp jaaaaaAAaaAAAAhhhst....

Bish

Quote from: Smoove Jones on January 15, 2016, 07:33:22 PM
QuoteAnd how about the third album?
By the third album, I was pretty hurt, so I was like, ?Well, I?ll just take my services elsewhere.? Around that time I signed a production deal at Atlantic, and one of the first things I was going to do was work with Brandy. So I end up in New York, and Brandy?s recording at Puffy?s studio, Daddy?s House, with Kelly Price doing vocal production. I had a demo of "Rain," and I played it for Brandy, Kelly Price, and Deric Angelettie?D-Dot. So we turn it off, and Brandy is like, ?This is gonna be crazy!? Somebody went and got Puff, and he sat down and I played it. At that point, I?m not even a blip on the radar. Even having done all that stuff, I still don?t exist in Puff?s world.

Rain was supposed to be Brandy's.

Wow! I wish she had elaborated more. Was his before the album? Why would Puff pay her dust if he was featured on it.

I love that song and that album.

Lelee confirmed the urban legend that the song is about someone cumming on you, so it would have been hilarious if Brandy recorded that song.

Lazarus

Quote from: Bish on January 15, 2016, 08:21:44 PM
Quote from: Smoove Jones on January 15, 2016, 07:33:22 PM
QuoteAnd how about the third album?
By the third album, I was pretty hurt, so I was like, ?Well, I?ll just take my services elsewhere.? Around that time I signed a production deal at Atlantic, and one of the first things I was going to do was work with Brandy. So I end up in New York, and Brandy?s recording at Puffy?s studio, Daddy?s House, with Kelly Price doing vocal production. I had a demo of "Rain," and I played it for Brandy, Kelly Price, and Deric Angelettie?D-Dot. So we turn it off, and Brandy is like, ?This is gonna be crazy!? Somebody went and got Puff, and he sat down and I played it. At that point, I?m not even a blip on the radar. Even having done all that stuff, I still don?t exist in Puff?s world.

Rain was supposed to be Brandy's.

Wow! I wish she had elaborated more. Was his before the album? Why would Puff pay her dust if he was featured on it.

I love that song and that album.

Lelee confirmed the urban legend that the song is about someone cumming on you, so it would have been hilarious if Brandy recorded that song.

This is Brian Alexander Morgan's interview with Complex

RAY7

I would like to hear Bran cover Rain now
she would KILL the harmonies

martian

I thought the song was about love being soft and refreshing like raindrops...real innocent and stuff...

my world is shattered.

Marilyn

Scott.

Rxxf

i think they hate that "era".
what was happening to them more-so than the music.
BRANDY

Rxxf

kind of like how i feel brandy shades "human".
i think she despises the "era" more-so, and the music just gets the lashing (short end of the stick).
BRANDY

Lazarus

Too much internal conflict within SWV.

4everEric

What do y'all think of New Beginnings? I think it's safe to say everyone likes the debut! I love the original Right Here better than the remix

Zankou.

Not rain being about a cum shower.

BranLover

New Beginning is their best album IMO.
The interludes alone>>>>

BranLover