New Beginning is their best album IMO.
The interludes alone>>>>
!!!!!
That album is perfection.
Where Is The Love Interlude

Aalumeci.

Quote from: Smoove Jones on January 15, 2016, 07:33:22 PM
QuoteAnd how about the third album?
By the third album, I was pretty hurt, so I was like, ?Well, I?ll just take my services elsewhere.? Around that time I signed a production deal at Atlantic, and one of the first things I was going to do was work with Brandy. So I end up in New York, and Brandy?s recording at Puffy?s studio, Daddy?s House, with Kelly Price doing vocal production. I had a demo of "Rain," and I played it for Brandy, Kelly Price, and Deric Angelettie?D-Dot. So we turn it off, and Brandy is like, ?This is gonna be crazy!? Somebody went and got Puff, and he sat down and I played it. At that point, I?m not even a blip on the radar. Even having done all that stuff, I still don?t exist in Puff?s world.

Rain was supposed to be Brandy's.

It does not say that  :plzstop:

Lazarus

Quote from: L0NZ. on January 16, 2016, 12:16:23 AM
Quote from: Smoove Jones on January 15, 2016, 07:33:22 PM
QuoteAnd how about the third album?
By the third album, I was pretty hurt, so I was like, ?Well, I?ll just take my services elsewhere.? Around that time I signed a production deal at Atlantic, and one of the first things I was going to do was work with Brandy. So I end up in New York, and Brandy?s recording at Puffy?s studio, Daddy?s House, with Kelly Price doing vocal production. I had a demo of "Rain," and I played it for Brandy, Kelly Price, and Deric Angelettie?D-Dot. So we turn it off, and Brandy is like, ?This is gonna be crazy!? Somebody went and got Puff, and he sat down and I played it. At that point, I?m not even a blip on the radar. Even having done all that stuff, I still don?t exist in Puff?s world.

Rain was supposed to be Brandy's.

It does not say that  :plzstop:

I know it doesn't but he said he signed a production deal with Atlantic and was going to work Brandy initially. And he did play Rain demo for her, maybe he had her mind to record it before giving it to SWV.

Lazarus

QuoteSWV was doing their album with Puff at that point?

They had done half the album with Puffy?it was almost done. Shortly after, I get a call from RCA. Somehow it has gotten out that I was doing this song on Brandy?s album. The A&R guy goes, ?Man, look, this won?t really be a SWV album without a Brian Alexander Morgan cut. We heard about this song you got...? I stopped him right there, and I?m like, ?You guys didn?t release a single one of my records on that last album. Why would I give you anything?? I?m like, ?I?m perfectly happy with Brandy doing this record,? and hung up. A couple days went by and something political happened, and then people from Atlantic called like, ?They can have that one. It sounds like SWV anyway.? I kind of already got paid to do it through the production deal, so all of a sudden it became all right, RCA wants to pay me again for the same song? So I switched my focus and had one of the easiest sessions I ever had with Coko because she really loved the song.

RAY7

It's really interesting what goes on behind the scenes in the industry
when it comes to music. A similar thing happened with No, No, No by DC
Vince Herbert was threatening Columbia that he would give it to Bran
if they didn't take it

BranLover

Lazarus

Quote from: inluvwitbran on January 16, 2016, 12:38:03 AM
It's really interesting what goes on behind the scenes in the industry

It really is. Brian Alexander Morgan dropped alot of info on SWV's hits in that interview.

NewNu

Scott.

Quote from: NexTae on January 15, 2016, 10:30:07 PM
The interludes alone>>>>

It shits on ALL their albums

BranLover

Quote from: NewNu on January 16, 2016, 12:55:22 AM

BIIIT''!

:stressed:

BIIIIIITCH!!!
Love when LeeLee goes off in this. I always enjoy hearing her come thru every once in a while.

BranLover

Quote from: Scott. on January 16, 2016, 12:56:44 AM
Quote from: NexTae on January 15, 2016, 10:30:07 PM
The interludes alone>>>>

It shits on ALL their albums

Tbqfh!!!
From start to finish.

BranLover

Scott.