Afro you’re Brazilian now?

Started by PRESSED, April 17, 2022, 12:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRESSED

I'm literally speechless.

You're Brazilian too?
I have never witnessed anything like this before.
I'm not here for friends.

finish ha.

April 17, 2022, 12:29:57 AM #1 Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 11:07:25 AM by brasileiro 🇧🇷
edit -

UPDATE:

I answer tough questions  from PRESSED about my Brazilian ancestry on page 5.

http://www.brandysource.net/index.php?topic=106093.msg2873284#msg2873284

Quote from: PRESSED on April 20, 2022, 02:48:31 AM
:omgwatshappening:
Wait, Brazilian King!
Capoeira: A Brazilian martial art that combines dance, acrobatics and spirituality.

PRESSED

Nothing much. I was casually perusing through the board and discovered the information in your signature. What's that about?

finish ha.

Quote from: PRESSED on April 17, 2022, 12:31:03 AM
Nothing much. I was casually perusing through the board and discovered the information in your signature. What's that about?
i'm american obviously but according to my grandmothers DNA/genetic profile i have roots in brazil, through her.

Capoeira: A Brazilian martial art that combines dance, acrobatics and spirituality.

PRESSED

Quote from: legado on April 17, 2022, 12:33:10 AM
i'm american obviously but according to my grandmothers DNA/genetic profile i have roots in brazil, through her.
Now wait, I distinctly remember some Blue Ridge Mountain Indian roots, Melungeon roots, Creole roots, Ethiopian roots and a host of other stuff.

How were you able to find your Brazilian lineage connection?

It's so specific.

finish ha.

April 17, 2022, 12:39:55 AM #5 Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 12:42:56 AM by legado
Quote from: PRESSED on April 17, 2022, 12:35:22 AM
Now wait, I distinctly remember some Blue Ridge Mountain Indian roots, Melungeon roots, Creole roots, Ethiopian roots and a host of other stuff.

It's so specific.
her genetic profile. lol her DNA

it literally says Brazil and it even gives the area (Santa Catarina).

its pretty accurate cuz it also lists North Carolina and thats exactly where's she was from before heading to NYC in her latter teens.

i never had actual DNA results that said "Creole" or "Melungeon" "Ethiopian" - a lot of those were guesses of my own based on evidence I gathered from other sides of my family.

but this is her DNA literally listing where her roots lie. not a guess.

PRESSED

Quote from: legado on April 17, 2022, 12:39:55 AM

It's so specific.

its pretty accurate cuz it also lists North Carolina and thats exactly where's she was from before heading to NYC in her latter teens.

i never had actual DNA results that said "Creole" or "Melungeon" "Ethiopian" - a lot of those were guesses of my own based on evidence I gathered from other sides of my family.

but this is her DNA literally listing where her roots lie.

She's still alive?

My thing is - why do you feel so proud of that?
Especially being so black presenting and having 95% of your roots being directly from Africa.

I understand deep diving into your roots but this seems like it's something like a badge or something for you.

finish ha.

April 17, 2022, 12:50:30 AM #7 Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 12:56:04 AM by legado
Quote from: PRESSED on April 17, 2022, 12:44:37 AM

It's so specific.

She's still alive?

Especially being so black presenting and having 95% of your roots being directly from Africa.

I understand deep diving into your roots but this seems like it's something like a badge or something for you.
yes my grandmother is still alive. sdsdsd
she raised me. just went to see pretty lady two weeks ago.

and u do know there were/are BLACK people in Brazil right?
most of the african slaves were actually shipped there.
its the CULTURE that's really fucking amazing and something to proud of.

and i actually have a BIG connection to afro-latinos that i know.
so this just all makes sense to me to find this out. and it's a win for my grandmother as well cuz she didn't know a lot about her family roots and wanted to know.

i constantly talk on here about not erasing afro-latinos...and not just thinking of J-Los and Ricky Martins when we think "latino"
i always talk about black people who i know who look just me , and just speak spanish.
dont worry sis...i know im black.

sfnsfnsfnsfnsnfnnsnsff

:calmdownsis:

dont be too bothered about this.

Palladium

ssddddsssssssssssddddddddssssssssssssssssdssssdddssssss

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: PRESSED on April 17, 2022, 12:44:37 AM

It's so specific.

She's still alive?

Omgggggggg  :plzstop:
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

Killa Kipp

Sadddddgghhh

This place still hilarious I see

It's a fiancé.....
💍

Eat ya fucking 🥢 ♥️ out....
😝😝😝

#SpicyPrinceCharming
#KippDaddy

JCJ 🪐

Not all these people just popping up one by one fnfnfnfnfn
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

finish ha.

Killa Kipp

It's a fiancé.....
💍

Eat ya fucking 🥢 ♥️ out....
😝😝😝

#SpicyPrinceCharming
#KippDaddy

Rxxf

April 17, 2022, 01:38:18 AM #14 Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 01:39:25 AM by Rxxf
Afro, low key, resembles my family (his skintone) - most of them are "dougla" (not using the term as a slur here).
BRANDY