100 things you didn't know about Africa

Started by iman, October 11, 2015, 01:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miranda

Quote from: iman on October 11, 2015, 02:15:40 PM
ddd @ decorations. Those were combs.

Lemme upload the presentation I did on Coptic Art in my university. All the sources and books I have read described them as "Nekropole", which is just something you give to the dead ones with a merely decorative function.

Now if the sources were doctored, I don't know, but that is what they said.

iman

Af' luv you know that chart basically just means source right? It doesn't necessarily mean you're mixed with all those things.

iman

Quote from: Miranda on October 11, 2015, 02:22:41 PM
Quote from: iman on October 11, 2015, 02:15:40 PM
ddd @ decorations. Those were combs.

Lemme upload the presentation I did on Coptic Art in my university. All the sources and books I have read described them as "Nekropole", which is just something you give to the dead ones with a merely decorative function.

Now if the sources were doctored, I don't know, but that is what they said.

If you look up ancient combs a lot of combs from different regions will pop up and they all look the similar but with different designs...

Miranda

Because all these combs were so well kept and not broken, and they were just described as combs, it is not known for sure whether they were actual combs. And they were mostly wooden. I know my nappy hair would break them shits. I think Egyptians were something in between black and white. They would def not be considered white in the United States today though.

AIDS!

Quote31. West Africa had bling culture in 1067 AD. One source mentions that when the Emperor of Ghana gives audience to his people: ?he sits in a pavilion around which stand his horses caparisoned in cloth of gold: behind him stand ten pages holding shields and gold-mounted swords: and on his right hand are the sons of the princes of his empire, splendidly clad and with gold plaited into their hair ? The gate of the chamber is guarded by dogs of an excellent breed ? they wear collars of gold and silver.?

So flashy n stuff
:raycharles2urmess:

Herb.

October 11, 2015, 02:29:33 PM #35 Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 02:30:53 PM by Herbie
Quote from: iman on October 11, 2015, 02:23:42 PM
Af' luv you know that chart basically just means source right? It doesn't necessarily mean you're mixed with all those things.
Yeah, I just edited my post to clarify.

Seeing things like "Puerto Rican" and "Mexican" at first I was like wtf :udontlookok: but it just means due to South American Native heritage which popped up on my main results, I share some the same DNA as they do.  It's all about learning how to interpret the results.

Cuz I know damn well I didn't have any Mexican or Puerto Rican people in my family.  :plzstop:

And honestly anything out of the Top 10 I kind of took with a grain of salt. Which is why I referred to those North African messes as "traces".

Herb.

Quote from: RED on October 11, 2015, 02:22:38 PM
You have more yourba in you than Ethophian?
Sorry Afro
ssssss

:omgwatshappening:

i kinda always did have a love for Voodoo :ohwow:

iman

Quote from: Miranda on October 11, 2015, 02:26:42 PM
Because all these combs were so well kept and not broken, and they were just described as combs, it is not known for sure whether they were actual combs. And they were mostly wooden. I know my nappy hair would break them shits. I think Egyptians were something in between black and white. They would def not be considered white in the United States today though.

Keep telling yourself that   :usuresis: they were black.

Researchers even did a melanin test on mummies and said they were black.

Miranda

That juju shit works. My great-uncle killed is said to have offed some people with it. I am not allowed to eat or drink anything from him.

AIDS!

jumpman

Herb.

How much does the temperatures vary in Africa?

is it generally hot? across the continent?

Miranda

Quote from: Herbie on October 11, 2015, 02:37:34 PM

For European standards it is hot all around. Except up in the mountains.

Miranda

Quote from: iman on October 11, 2015, 02:33:25 PM
Quote from: Miranda on October 11, 2015, 02:26:42 PM

Keep telling yourself that   :usuresis: they were black.

Researchers even did a melanin test on mummies and said they were black.

Look I don't know myself. But the Nubians who were also in Egypt were clearly a different color from the other Egyptians. That alone lets us know they weren't Massai black.

Herb.

Quote from: Miranda on October 11, 2015, 02:38:48 PM
Quote from: Herbie on October 11, 2015, 02:37:34 PM

For European standards it is hot all around. Except up in the mountains.
:stressed: