Afro bby help me

Started by Young, October 21, 2015, 10:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herb.

Quote from: Young on October 22, 2015, 01:31:24 AM
Quote from: Herbie on October 22, 2015, 01:27:07 AM
Quote from: Young on October 22, 2015, 01:17:10 AM
Quote from: Herbie on October 22, 2015, 01:02:24 AM
Wait, I'm looking a bit closer at the pic and I think I see a little curl going on.
I wish you had  a pic with better lighting so I could get IN.

I'll have to scroll through older photos to see, but I definitely have a curly or maybe wavy hair type...I think, I dunno hell :plzstop:

I'll look through older photos .

Right now its knotted up under this durag :ttlo:
ohigufy8tduu7octvybpuvfycdtp5sxrct
ubvyfc8ptd5xrz  :omgwatshappening:

Sddddddddddd

So this is outside headed to the beach. When it was shorter like this  I use to put leave in before I would go out to keep some moisture whole the sun is beaming down.

pretty pic bvy :wub: :stressed:

Your hair looks so soft.
don't see the spirals or lil bvy corkscrew curls.

I just think you have very very soft hair.
it looks like type 4 to me. like 4A.

you have curls, they're just not very loose. to the point where they form individual mess . that's all.

here's a beautiful example.

Plank

if u dnt alrdy

argan oil is good to use afta u condition
it rlly lock tha moisture in & gives ur hair sum extra sheen & shines!

Herb.

October 22, 2015, 01:42:20 AM #32 Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 01:43:24 AM by Herbie
And I so hate even really discussing hair types sometimes because I feel like we get a little TOO wrapped up into it. But it's sooooooooo helpful when looking for products to help your hair. Extremely helpful. White people use the hair typing system as well. They usually fall under 1 or 2.
At the end of the day, what matters is that your hair is sitting. And that your mug is sitting.  :supluv:

Herb.

Quote from: Plankesha on October 22, 2015, 01:38:31 AM
if u dnt alrdy

argan oil is good to use afta u condition
it rlly lock tha moisture in & gives ur hair sum extra sheen & shines!

RekeRig

Quote from: Herbie on October 21, 2015, 11:11:35 PM
Hey bae :stressed:

I just do a wash and go.
Finger detangle and finger comb my hair in the shower, then once I'm out apply a leave in conditioner and a little bit of oil to seal the moisture in.

Then I take just a LITTLE bit of gel (quarter size amount) and rake it through.

I've noticed that the less I do to my hair, the more it "likes" me. :dead:
I've been using way less conditioner, etc.

My hair looks a bit thick and coarse when it's all together
but if you look closely, my hair strands are all very fine, a combination of waves and curls.

so it's only so much my hair can take before it starts looking weighed down and matted. which ain't fucking cute.

But it all depends on your curl pattern. Whether it's combed or not, your curl pattern is your curl pattern.
I don't own any grooming utensils, everything is done by hand.
my mother's side of the family all have hair like mine. I'm just learning how to take better care of it.

Do you know your hair type?
!!!!! black people dont need a ton of hair products and skin products. You just need to
find whats right for you. Everything aint for us  :dead: end up bald and broken out all over if u want to

Plank

October 22, 2015, 01:52:41 AM #35 Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 01:53:01 AM by Plankesha
xxxxxxbn

fag u knew i was comin rite

cuz im am tha fckin hair espert 'round here

Herb.

Quote from: RIG on October 22, 2015, 01:52:27 AM

I just do a wash and go.
Finger detangle and finger comb my hair in the shower, then once I'm out apply a leave in conditioner and a little bit of oil to seal the moisture in.

but if you look closely, my hair strands are all very fine, a combination of waves and curls.

so it's only so much my hair can take before it starts looking weighed down and matted. which ain't fucking cute.

But it all depends on your curl pattern. Whether it's combed or not, your curl pattern is your curl pattern.
my mother's side of the family all have hair like mine. I'm just learning how to take better care of it.

!!!!! black people dont need a ton of hair products and skin products. You just need to
find whats right for you. Everything aint for us  :dead: end up bald and broken out all over if u want to
I agree :wub: halfway...
i think our hair needs a lil more product than white people's
only because its so much thicker. Becky can put a DAB of conditioner in her bone straight thin hair and cry that it's too oily and weighing her hair down.  :kii: :kii: :plzstop: :plzstop:

We tend to have a lot more hair.
I just have to be really careful not to weigh it down with TOO much. my hair is tricky because it's not becky, but it's not very coarse either. so finding that balance has been tough.

Now our SKIN. honey.....it couldn't get any simpler :justabit: hehe! :cheerup:
some black soap, some cocoa butter. FIN! lmaorofl!!!!!!! :cheerup: :cheerup :cheerup:

Nothing like fucking melanin :raycharles2urmess:

RekeRig

Youngs Beard brings me to my fuckin knees

:plzstop:

gorgeous

RekeRig

Quote from: Herbie on October 22, 2015, 01:58:05 AM

I just do a wash and go.

only because its so much thicker. Becky can put a DAB of conditioner in her bone straight thin hair and cry that it's too oily and weighing her hair down.  :kii: :kii: :plzstop: :plzstop:

I just have to be really careful not to weigh it down with TOO much. my hair is tricky because it's not becky, but it's not very coarse either. so finding that balance has been tough.

some black soap, some cocoa butter. FIN! lmaorofl!!!!!!! :cheerup: :cheerup :cheerup:

dssssdsddsd RIGHT. we're kinda ....  it

:receipts:

Herb.

Quote from: RIG on October 22, 2015, 02:00:04 AM

I just do a wash and go.

well get straight to dessert then ! :cheerup:

luv ur av :stressed:

RekeRig

Quote from: Herbie on October 22, 2015, 02:01:57 AM

I just do a wash and go.

thank you sxy talented bvy

:heyddy: :traciandchelle:

Herb.

Quote from: Plankesha on October 22, 2015, 01:52:41 AM
xxxxxxbn

fag u knew i was comin rite

cuz im am tha fckin hair espert 'round here

o[jsihpugb'syvdsdi
npsbdusd

u just copied what i said and changed the oil hun :hmph:

RekeRig

Herb.

Quote from: RIG on October 22, 2015, 02:03:29 AM
Quote from: Herbie on October 22, 2015, 02:01:57 AM

I just do a wash and go.

thank you sxy talented bvy

:heyddy: :traciandchelle:

:wellheythere:

Young

Quote from: Herbie on October 22, 2015, 02:03:32 AM
Quote from: Plankesha on October 22, 2015, 01:52:41 AM
xxxxxxbn