Whats wrong with Empire and Scandal?

Started by Sinpool, October 22, 2015, 02:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinpool

Someone shared this on facebook

And it confused me and I see this sometimes alot. People group Empire and Scandal in with Basketball Wives, Real Housewives and Love and Hip Hop as the bane of Black American existence and I don't see how they relate. 

Am I missing something? :plzstop:

GLOCK

they are dumb.
scandal is nothing like all of this MESS..
but its probably because they share viewers

Bentley!

ssssssss

I wouldn't worry about them. Prolly the same ones who think Tyla Perry coon express mess is golden

That's the shit that really capitalizes off stereotypes

Slave mama
"Gorl if you keep messing wit that man, something bad gunna happen to yew!"

Disrespectful daughter
"I'll do what I want, not listening to you haha!"

Cheating successful fine nigger
"I'm taking all our possessions and leaving you for a white woman, bye"

And BAM Tyler's got a hit
The daughter turns into an I can do bad all by myself case, the slave mother is right, and the cheating man ends up wanting the daughter back. They pray in the ending credits, yada yada yada

And niggers will carpool to see the shit :plzstop:

BigDawg

People are so ignorant...do you really think by boycotting this shit they are going to show afro intellectual content? Gtfoh

Sinpool

"slave mama"

dddddddddddd

That reminds me of when Ciely Tyson popped up on HTGAWM acting like she was a Plantation mammy.

Bentley!

Quote from: Zoe on October 22, 2015, 03:08:03 PM
"slave mama"

dddddddddddd

That reminds me of when Ciely Tyson popped up on HTGAWM acting like she was a Plantation mammy.
sssss

Jus ONCE I want Cicely to play a president or astronaut before her career is over

BigDawg

These shows are for entertainment purposes, period.

yummy

October 22, 2015, 03:14:12 PM #7 Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:15:06 PM by ANIMMAI
Placing one form of representation over the other is what's problematic. LHHH and RHOA relates to someone's personal experience the same way the Cosbys related to the black upper middle class.

No reason one should cancel out the other.

Kurama

Quote from: ANIMMAI on October 22, 2015, 03:14:12 PM
Placing one form of representation over the other is what's problematic. LHHH and RHOA relates to someone's personal experience the same way the Cosbys related to the black upper middle class.

fuck u. Smart fag.

Sinpool

Fck u

MelMel

Quote from: Kurama on October 22, 2015, 03:27:04 PM

fuck u. Smart fag.

yeah
:hmph:

Zankou.

throwintheTAL

"slave mama"

dddddddddddd

No, she slayed that whole episode :ohwow:

Zankou.

Quote from: throwintheTAL on October 22, 2015, 04:28:39 PM
"slave mama"

dddddddddddd

No, she slayed that whole episode :ohwow:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!