Is your fave relevant in this generation?

Started by iman, October 26, 2015, 09:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miranda

Quote from: iman on October 26, 2015, 09:30:24 PM
Quote from: Miranda on October 26, 2015, 09:28:16 PM
Casual music loving teens do not know Monica. And would know Brandy as an actress. Many kids know Kellz, because he worked with Justin Bieber and Chris Brown. One kid was like "He sings that PYD right?"

:plztop:

Other than that, I think the only 90's acts they know are Destiniy's Child and Usher.

Hell they probably know they 80's acts (Madonna, Michael, Prince, Whitney) better than the 90's stars.

also DWUW and praise from artists like Bruno Mars and Weeknd. And somehow a lot of the people know about "Ignition" and "Bump N' Grind"  :ohwow:

I just asked my brother, he's 16 and he mentioned some guy named Roy Woods and said "R. Kelly, of course" :stressed: made me so happy. Then he mentioned Bryson Tiller and Drake :overit:

Omg guys let's test this the next days and report back to the thread. Ask teenagers "Who do you associate with r&b?"

And slay "of course Kellz" he probably heard u bumping ur King.

RAY7

asdfghjkl

Miranda

Between Ashanti, Keyshia Cole, Mario, J. Holiday, Mario Winans, Brandy, Ciara, John Legend, Blu Cantrell I would get my life.

:stressed:

iman

Quote from: Miranda on October 26, 2015, 09:33:21 PM
Quote from: iman on October 26, 2015, 09:30:24 PM
Quote from: Miranda on October 26, 2015, 09:28:16 PM
Casual music loving teens do not know Monica. And would know Brandy as an actress. Many kids know Kellz, because he worked with Justin Bieber and Chris Brown. One kid was like "He sings that PYD right?"

:plztop:

Other than that, I think the only 90's acts they know are Destiniy's Child and Usher.

Hell they probably know they 80's acts (Madonna, Michael, Prince, Whitney) better than the 90's stars.

also DWUW and praise from artists like Bruno Mars and Weeknd. And somehow a lot of the people know about "Ignition" and "Bump N' Grind"  :ohwow:

I just asked my brother, he's 16 and he mentioned some guy named Roy Woods and said "R. Kelly, of course" :stressed: made me so happy. Then he mentioned Bryson Tiller and Drake :overit:

Omg guys let's test this the next days and report back to the thread. Ask teenagers "Who do you associate with r&b?"

And slay "of course Kellz" he probably heard u bumping ur King.

I doubt he has :plzstop: but omf DWUW really put King out there again. I knew that because my mom was like "Oop there goes R Kelly on radio, your fave" :plzstop:

but my bro has watched Trapped in the Closet on TV so I think that was his introduction to King

BAPHOMET.

BAPHOMET.

Miranda

October 26, 2015, 09:38:40 PM #23 Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:40:08 PM by Miranda
My white Australian friends (20 years old) knew him and stanned for Ignition but had never heard of the "scandal" in their life. That feeling of non-biased casual Berts. :stressed:

He had no fckn clue bout this yellow press mess. Goes to show that after any personal fiasco all that counts is music.
:stressed:

Young

iman

Quote from: Baphomet. on October 26, 2015, 09:37:58 PM
oh and Messiah.

Mariah? I think she was known moreso in 2005-2009. I hope she gets another hit that can put her out there again.

Miranda

Tamar's last fm streams really shocked me. She has almost no listeners.

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: iman on October 26, 2015, 09:39:21 PM
Quote from: Baphomet. on October 26, 2015, 09:37:58 PM
oh and Messiah.

Mariah? I think she was known moreso in 2005-2009. I hope she gets another hit that can put her out there again.

I do too.  :ohwow: #Beautiful was a start and she needs to go on a fucking diet.
These kids dont use the older gorls unless they're in shape.

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: Miranda on October 26, 2015, 09:41:04 PM
Tamar's last fm streams really shocked me. She has almost no listeners.

sounds accurate.