I think Tyler Perry deserves more respect

Started by herbie, July 21, 2018, 11:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herbie

Literally about 40-60% of the mess I see on BET comes from him...And that could be a modest estimate.

Madea's Family Reunion is on right now, and if that's not on then it's House of Payne series, or another one of his movies.

I don't feel as if his contributions to the community are recognized or taken seriously enough. People are so busy criticizing him that they don't realize that he given opportunities to  a lot of Black actors who otherwise wouldn't have had that chance to get a check.

Yeah a lot of his stuff is stereotypical, but I think we love seeing and laughing at it because there's truth in stereotypes sometimes. I definitely see a bit of my grandmother in Madea. She's nowhere near as outlandish or crazy , but that overall Black Southern womuh essence  :plzstop:

He tried the whole "serious" mess in some action movie he did and I really didn't use. Don't even remember the name of it. But it just didn't fit his brand like at all. His strength is definitely that whole comedic drama thing.

It makes me smile when I watch a lot of his stuff. I just think he deserves more acknowledgement in the community - he's really been a blessing.

CREAM.

QuoteI think Tyler Perry deserves more respect

JHhhhjjjgffghhhjsjsjsbs

RAY7

yea, I think the whole woke/hotep thing where they say it "the agenda" making Black men gay/feminine etc
has kinda tarnished his image, but he's done A LOT for Black Hollywood. Just the fact that Black Panther had scenes done on his property in ATL alone>>>>
he definitely deserves RESPECK on his name

CREAM.

I think The Family That Preys is his best movie

Sinpool

Cowgirl

While some people bitch, boycott, and complain about lack of opportunity; others choose to make lemonade. The girls can learn a thing or two from him.

ton

I think hes amazing for giving our people roles

But I swear, he doesnt put much effort into his stories

I know feeding into sterotypes is easy for sales

But fuck, think outside the box sometimes

the MAJORITY of his mess is AIDS, CHEATING, and ANGRY black women

CREAM.

Quote from: ton on July 21, 2018, 11:52:23 PM

And rape

Scott.

There's a market for his type of shit and on top of that, what I do ADMIRE about him is that he doesn't necessarily go for the popular actors and actress (they probably wouldn't do his movies), but he gives up and coming actors/actress a chance, and even those who never ever get a chance to get work.

CREAM.

Quote from: Redskin on July 21, 2018, 11:51:39 PM
Quote from: CREAM. on July 21, 2018, 11:49:04 PM
I think The Family That Preys is his best movie
!!!!

I'd say its between that movie and Madea's Family Reunion.

sddsd That scene when goddess closes the door and gets SMACKED down soon as she turns around

sdssd :plzstop: :plzstop:
JHHHHJHGGGGGGFCCGHHJHJJgvHHfg

Not someone getting SLAPPED being the standout scene

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: ton on July 21, 2018, 11:52:23 PM

SDHJGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Scott.

I think my first time seeing Lance Gross was on a Tyler Perry situation.

RAY7

Quote from: Scott. on July 21, 2018, 11:54:25 PM
I think my first time seeing Lance Gross was on a Tyler Perry situation.
House of Payne probably