yumz, kur, & other "been woke" gorls , i need u

Started by Ashley Bank$, February 05, 2017, 08:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

Quote from: Kurama on February 06, 2017, 01:42:42 PM
Honestly, I think it's all a part of the process Herb. I've been there, when I first began to talk about the history of racism(or human sexuality) and how it still is rampant today.

With any change (mentally, physically, emotionally) you have to monitor the residual effects ,how & why the change occurred; and ways to function now that you've begun to change.

For me, I just learn when it's best to unplug. I've seen people become consumed with some of these social justice issues without taking a break or tending to their wellness. You have to unplug because if you don't you will constantly be angry, down, or arguing as a result.

Do things you enjoy, do some self care, take a break from places that information is constantly in your face, and learn your triggers. Megan or Billy might say something wrong in a business meeting and you snap because they said something that triggered your feelings.

I usually give social media a break when something injust goes on and I know people are gonna be ignorant about it. That has helped me mitigate my feelings a lot.

Edit: Also, shit they're white, can't allow for them to still MY joy on the daily. They don't matter in my personal life.
steal*

KING BENTLEY.

H.#.G.*.Z

yummy

Edit: Also, shit they're white, can't allow for them to still MY joy on the daily. They don't matter in my personal life.

That's another thing, I had to learn to stop putting the collective opinion of white people on a pedestal. The whole "see y'all! this is why white people are like this towards us!" shit needs to cease. They never needed a reason to treat like subhuman creatures and it doesn't deserve justification.

Really wish black folks would coddling and breaking their backs to please them.

Kurama

Quote from: AYR on February 06, 2017, 01:53:25 PM
Honestly, I think it's all a part of the process Herb. I've been there, when I first began to talk about the history of racism(or human sexuality) and how it still is rampant today.

With any change (mentally, physically, emotionally) you have to monitor the residual effects ,how & why the change occurred; and ways to function now that you've begun to change.

For me, I just learn when it's best to unplug. I've seen people become consumed with some of these social justice issues without taking a break or tending to their wellness. You have to unplug because if you don't you will constantly be angry, down, or arguing as a result.

Do things you enjoy, do some self care, take a break from places that information is constantly in your face, and learn your triggers. Megan or Billy might say something wrong in a business meeting and you snap because they said something that triggered your feelings.

I usually give social media a break when something injust goes on and I know people are gonna be ignorant about it. That has helped me mitigate my feelings a lot.

steal*
gf

thank you Ray

Cartierline

Edit: Also, shit they're white, can't allow for them to steal MY joy on the daily. They don't matter in my personal life.
Bottom line, really.

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Cartier on February 06, 2017, 02:11:21 PM
Edit: Also, shit they're white, can't allow for them to steal MY joy on the daily. They don't matter in my personal life.
Bottom line, really.
oh you want a bottom line, I'll GIVE you a bottom line
:cmerefag:

H.#.G.*.Z

4 fucking k

Quote from: aboriginal. on February 05, 2017, 08:36:45 PM
ok, so in going from blissfully ignorant, to being more informed
i've noticed that i have been feeling very hurt and angry....
one half of me wants to believe "not all white people are the same"
but the other side believes, that based on everything i have learned, evil in whites is INHERENT. no matter how much they smile. just as inherent as Black people's sense of forgiveness and inclusiveness.

long post short....i just want to know how do u find that balance between being an ignorant coon and being extremely angry and hurt ? to the point where u find hate entering ur heart.
ya'll seem pretty relaxed but aware. how did u get there?

v

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: Cartier on February 06, 2017, 02:11:21 PM
Bottom line, really.

Eternal Bell

Quote from: ANIMMAI on February 05, 2017, 08:48:49 PM
vsdxsdmm'fndnc

I don't hate white people or walk around reciting Malcolm X speeches. I just kinda speak out when I see fit and try to stay as aware as I can.

LOONA.

Can't relate tbh 

I judge everyone as individuals but that's probably because I'm white  :young: