Brandy - Freedom Rings (Out Now!) [#1 R&B/Top 40 iTunes]

Started by Kaeli., September 23, 2019, 06:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

long-timeTheRoofFan

Earlier I was looking up "Freedom Rings" on google and a few things popped out to me..

If you image search you see a lot of LGBT necklesses with rings on them... they match the brandy rainbow braids.. just sayin'

and

It's also a random Marvel Superhero Character from a few things... Yes its a man, but Marvel gender swaps all the time.. I LOVE MARVEL and so I personally was hoping maybe it's somehow related.

I had no intention of mentioning it but when brandy said in this video she fully takes on the HERO role.. I decided it was worth a mention.

:supluv:

HUGO

Quote from: 89 on September 25, 2019, 06:07:31 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 25, 2019, 05:44:17 PM
I dunno, i just always feel like it's an act with Brandy. Today she feels like being "hippy Brandy", last year it was Keyboard Warrior Brandy, and we've heard so many versions in the last 5 years alone :dead:

How many times have we heard this spiel before?
from the way she said the first few words on this video all dramatic gffghhhbgdfc
She is so extra

:dead:

Sovereign.

I kii about Brandy with y'all but let that girl BE. Shit. 

Zankou.

Quote from: long-timeBfan on September 25, 2019, 06:08:50 PM
Earlier I was looking up "Freedom Rings" on google and a few things popped out to me..

If you image search you see a lot of LGBT necklesses with rings on them... they match the brandy rainbow braids.. just sayin'

and

It's also a random Marvel Superhero Character from a few things... Yes its a man, but Marvel gender swaps all the time.. I LOVE MARVEL and so I personally was hoping maybe it's somehow related.

I had no intention of mentioning it but when brandy said in this video she fully takes on the HERO role.. I decided it was worth a mention.

:plzstop:

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: Ulysses on September 25, 2019, 06:08:30 PM
Quote from: Babyface on September 25, 2019, 05:01:22 PM

Got me in my feelings  :'(
I'm so damn excited

!!!

I watched this 3 times this morning. I'm so excited for the album. And I love this little video. I hope this continues with even more behind the scenes footage. I'm sure it will. Give me a full Brandy B7 doc.

hewritez

if the "freedom rings" part is the chorus I think it has potential.
it could be like an Alessia Cara style inspirational bop.
as long as we get something a little more...um...urban.
she should release another song next week cause I feel like people will drag this one.

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: long-timeBfan on September 25, 2019, 06:08:50 PM

I loved when she said that because so many of these artist downplay their influence and what they mean to people. But no, SHE IS a hero to many, SHE IS a role model to many, SHE IS a vessel, and it's important to accept, acknowledge, and live in that truth.

HUGO

I'm not excited for whatever this is. I don't like how it sounds and after 7 years this ain't what I want from her

:-/

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: 89 on September 25, 2019, 06:07:31 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 25, 2019, 05:44:17 PM
I dunno, i just always feel like it's an act with Brandy. Today she feels like being "hippy Brandy", last year it was Keyboard Warrior Brandy, and we've heard so many versions in the last 5 years alone :dead:

How many times have we heard this spiel before?
from the way she said the first few words on this video all dramatic gffghhhbgdfc
She is so extra
sssss
extra is something else lol

Fake is more the correct word.

The fact Brandy associates with ppl like Kip speaks volumes  :plzstop:

Sovereign.

Get the fuck out niggas with that negative bullshit. Say you don't use and TIP. 

DrewBabyLove

IMO Brandy has never disappointed musically. She has never released a bad song, a bad album. Even the songs she just decides to drop that aren't singles like Cigarettes, Beggin, Silent Night, etc. are always appreciated musically. This song that seems like it's just an intro to the album/era will be no different.

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: DrewBabyLove on September 25, 2019, 06:36:36 PM
IMO Brandy has never disappointed musically. She has never released a bad song, a bad album. Even the songs she just decides to drop that aren't singles like Cigarettes, Beggin, Silent Night, etc. are always appreciated musically. This song that seems like it's just an intro to the album/era will be no different.

This is true.

It's that weird ass personality that's questionable 😂

Monika

What y'all talkin' about? Did she upload a new clip or something? I just see the one from yesterday.
Yahudah

Navyman

Was this always the first single?  :uhh:  This seems like a last minute thing and if so the previous sounds described sound so different and far off from this, so has the entire direction of the album changed?  :uhh: