Redemption? Justin Timberlake Tour Targets $100 Million Before First Show

Started by Lazarus, February 16, 2018, 12:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Redemption? Justin Timberlake Tour Targets $100 Million Before First Show / 700,000 Tickets Sold

Justin Timberlake?s critically panned Super Bowl performance saw him become one of the first artists ever to see their sales dip after playing the Halftime Show. Indeed, his ?Man Of The Woods? album went on to sell less than half of what early forecasts predicted.

However, a few weeks on, it appears JT has something to smile about ? his tour.

Full story below?

Per Variety, it looks as though the ?Bowl effect is benefiting ?The Man Of The Woods Tour.?

Set to kick off next month and play to audiences across the globe through into 2019, the trek has reportedly amassed ticket sales to the tune of $100 million.

The reveal comes courtesy of the show?s promoter Live Nation. Arthur Fogel, president of global touring for company said the following:

Quote?We?ve got 50 shows on sale in North America and 16 in Europe, and we?re over 700,000 tickets [sold] and $100 million gross. It?s pretty staggering. We?re into our third shows in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, and Toronto; We?re into doubles in probably a dozen markets. It's huge.

For what it?s worth, Timberlake?s ?Say Something? collaboration with Chris Stapleton is shaping up to be his first true ?hit? from the era ? following the release of three singles prior.

This is no doubt PR spin, but the numbers are undeniably impressive.

It?s worth pointing out that many fans have raised eyebrows at the sky-high prices for tickets ? something which will no doubt be helping the huge pre-show gross. Word is that tickets on the lower end are $150.

After watching JT at the Super Bowl, will you be seeing him live?

🦚

Grossing 2 mill per show isn?t breaking any new grounds.

Tbh I gagged at how cheap his tickets were for the European leg.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

MAY

I actually wouldn't mind going to one of his shows, but I'm not paying for it.

Annie

There are plenty of fans who will go each tour and people who just like his music that want to see him live
It doesn?t have much to do with his performance
I do think people like Katy and Bey might have convinced people who normally don?t listen to them to buy a ticket with that one performance

/.\

🦚

Try 21 years of performances.
Bey is in an elite league with Madona, Tina and Babra.

They categorize concerts like they do hurricanes and they are a category 10 (on a scale of 1/10)

And ain?t nobody went to katy?s Last mess.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Mel.

I knew his tour was doing well
because they were adding shows left and right

I?m glad he?s slaying. He definitely puts on a great show