Not Mary J basically calling Faith a carbon copy

Started by SouravMay, March 31, 2017, 10:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouravMay

B7

.betterwiseup

Faith co-wrote 3 songs on My Life and she sung background on those 3 songs.
I never looked at Faith as a carbon copy but Mary has a had a lot of carbon copies over the years.

Gilgamesh.

I can't even imagine Mary singing "Soon" or "Never Let You Go" n

Love Kween though. "Love Don't Live Here" is a classic. She should have kept her vocals on it and stopped being so bitter.

Scott.

March 31, 2017, 11:21:27 AM #18 Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 11:22:17 AM by Scott.
Quote from: GLOCK PARTY on March 31, 2017, 10:56:49 AM
Hmm.. she actually answered very respectfully
One thing I don't like is that she fails to mention Faiths involvement in helping create her sound ...
that mylife album has like 5-6 songs written and arranged by faith .. and she sang background on pretty much the whole album

Was she entitled to feel a way? Yes..
BUT. She fails to realize that faith was a part of building that signature mary sound..
and honestly faith out of respect didn't indulge in the heartbreak sound that mary was big on ..

Think she felt a way because faith was more talented and something new.

Mary still answered this respectfully.. my QUEENS
5 songs isn't the whole album and she only vo-wrote the 4 songs she was involved in. Don't act like she wrote them songs by herself.

RAY7

Faith did say that she felt Puff made her image similar to Mary though
specifically on Faith's 1st album photoshoot, and she didn't like that
but artistically I wouldn't say carbon copy
Flex is very girly and messy though

SouravMay

Why do you connect girliness with messiness. This is sexist. Men can be just as messy as women. Same for boys.
B7

GLOCK

Quote from: Scott. on March 31, 2017, 11:21:27 AM
Quote from: GLOCK PARTY on March 31, 2017, 10:56:49 AM
Hmm.. she actually answered very respectfully
One thing I don't like is that she fails to mention Faiths involvement in helping create her sound ...
that mylife album has like 5-6 songs written and arranged by faith .. and she sang background on pretty much the whole album

Was she entitled to feel a way? Yes..
BUT. She fails to realize that faith was a part of building that signature mary sound..
and honestly faith out of respect didn't indulge in the heartbreak sound that mary was big on ..

Think she felt a way because faith was more talented and something new.

Mary still answered this respectfully.. my QUEENS
5 songs isn't the whole album and she only vo-wrote the 4 songs she was involved in. Don't act like she wrote them songs by herself.
she did write those songs .. what are u talking about
Any change came after her..
Faith revealed that ... she wrote those songs and "come over" for the mylife album and mary and her sister made some changes to come over
She was heavily involved in helping create her sound .. and vocal arranged most of the damn Alber

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: AYR on March 31, 2017, 11:30:46 AM
Faith did say that she felt Puff made her image similar to Mary though
specifically on Faith's 1st album photoshoot, and she didn't like that
but artistically I wouldn't say carbon copy
Flex is very girly and messy though
right!

I see why Mary felt the way she did

But Faith developed her own style at the same time

H.#.G.*.Z

GLOCK

That is how faith got signed
Writing songs and puff heard about her and had her come in .. link with chucky.. write songs .. and then befriended Mary and wrote from what was going on with her life .. demoed them. and then they went in and made changes...

"Come over" was suppose to be on the mylife album and also another song from faiths debut .. I believe "no other love"

GLOCK

Mary and faith were super tight
That's why she enjoyed faiths writing because she was able to connect with her and write from her perspective
She had already heard faiths recordings and such.. so the shock is a MESS..
Mary knew what was good but just didn't think that he was gonna turn faith into an artist..

Mary wasn't fucking established yet to have had a "sound" when the faith album was recording during the same fucking time

Don't get this bitch DRAGGED

GLOCK

The my life album established MARY.. so don't come in here with y'all MESS

Lazarus

Flex was a mess for veering into that subject.  :dead:

It's done and over with

Kaeli.

n I mean they were similar but carbon copy? Over the top.

Kaeli.

This is interesting considering Faith's answer on her Breakfast club interview a few weeks ago.

wizzy

yea Flex was messy for this
"know how I know? One More Chance..!"
ch