NeNe Leakes' Swagg Boutique in Atlanta Is Going Out of Business

Started by Zankou., August 07, 2020, 11:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drogon

Quote from: SOUTHSIDE VICIOUS. on August 07, 2020, 12:55:58 PM
Quote from: bby ddy on August 07, 2020, 12:53:34 PM
I heard Nene was selling second hand stuff in there on the low.
bvvvvvvcc

Where is the boutique located?

It's in a nice area but covid has taken over

Its im Sugarloaf mills right across from Saks outlet

Cowgirl

Bruce

Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on August 07, 2020, 01:29:46 PM
Quote from: Say Something on August 07, 2020, 11:32:10 AM
Going-out-of-business signs festooned the outside of her store on a recent Tuesday afternoon. "All Sales Final," said one sign. A second sign said "Fixtures For Sale." Another: "50-75% Off." The store was not open at the time.

Leakes, who has been on "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" for much of the past 12 years, opened this location in November 2017 after closing her store in Buckhead. She lives near the mall, which includes a Bass Pro Shops, Burlington Coat Factory, Medieval Times, H&M and a Spencer's Gifts.

She also owns Swagg Boutiques at the MGM National Harbor in Maryland and Miami Beach. Her Swagg Boutique website also still appears active.

Leakes is represented by JonesWorks, a publicity firm. A spokeswoman there, Jennifer Abel, did not respond for comment.

Leakes closed the Sugarloaf Mills store in March when malls shut down at the start of the pandemic and posted an Instagram video at the time about it. The store did eventually reopen, as did the mall, but brick-and-mortar retail sales for clothing stores have not recovered. Many chains have filed for bankruptcy protection in recent months including Men's Warehouse, J. Crew, Neiman Marcus, J.C. Penney, Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers and Lord & Taylor.

Oh, she lives near Sugarloaf Mills. That's an upscale area. And Porsha lives in the same neighborhood? They don't live very far from where I grew up.

Business is bad for a lot of people now a days.

I used to work a block away from that mall, it has never been busy. It's mostly liquidated and outlets stores so that was an odd choice to begin with.