Tyrese IG about Brandy

Started by Steffon, October 27, 2015, 08:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDawg

Herb.

October 27, 2015, 09:51:51 AM #91 Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 10:02:05 AM by Herbie
I think the problem, for the starz at least, is that we're in an era of music where everything is becoming increasingly instantaneous for the fans of most artists. Mixtapes, EPs and even LPs being released in 6-12 month intervals in most cases. We must bear in mind that a lot of artists doing this are quite younger than GHan. I think her appearance may sometimes make us forget that she is a woman in her mid-30's, and is from an era of music where it was OK for fans to wait, and to make sure everything was "right" before releasing. Younger artists are much more spontaneous, which is something that is generally appreciated. More and more people crave raw mess. The less orchestrated, the better.

Another problem facing artists who are are a bit more old fashioned in their dealings is the rate in which we are introduced to new artists. Every week, I see a new artist popping up and gaining steam through the avenues of social media, blogs and Youtube. The flood gates are clearly open, and unless you are one of the gorls who are consistently running to make sure sandbags are laid properly to secure the foundation of their house from the rushing waters....

brocka4life

October 27, 2015, 09:52:34 AM #92 Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:53:33 AM by brocka4life
Quote from: Miranda on October 27, 2015, 09:21:36 AM
I honesty think Afrodisiac and the unreleased tea had as fooled. Brandy is not the artist many of us want/thought her to be.

I honestly see your point. She will never be the writer we want her to be. She'll never be the artist on a world tour. She will never release albums in 2 year intervals. She will never announce things and stick to dates. She'll never release more than 2 singles. She'll never have consistently stellar visuals.I think she is one of the best at what she does vocally...but she's pushing 40. She'll never be a "pop" star again. I now get what was said about her in the beginning, "she's not a Janet nor is she a Whitney." Nor is she a Sade or Maxwell who can release 8 years later and dominate. She's just lost in the shuffle....career wise and maybe even creatively at this point. No shade, but think of how many females have dominated the scene since Brandy was "hot" or "IT".....

MypuzzystanK

Quote from: brocka4life on October 27, 2015, 09:52:34 AM
I honesty think Afrodisiac and the unreleased tea had as fooled. Brandy is not the artist many of us want/thought her to be.

I honestly see your point. She will never be the writer we want her to be. She'll never be the artist on a world tour. She will never release albums in 2 year intervals. She will never announce things and stick to dates. She'll never release more than 2 singles. She'll never have consistently stellar visuals.I think she is one of the best at what she does vocally...but she's pushing 40. She'll never be a "pop" star again. I now get what was said about her in the beginning, "she's not a Janet nor is she a Whitney." Nor is she a Sade or Maxwell who can release 8 years later and dominate. She's just lost in the shuffle....career wise and maybe even creatively at this point. No shade, but think of how many females have dominated the scene since Brandy was "hot" or "IT".....

ghan has been there and done that,she is damn near 40 so take your nevative ass on

BigDawg

Quote from: MypuzzystanK on October 27, 2015, 09:55:59 AM
Quote from: brocka4life on October 27, 2015, 09:52:34 AM

ghan has been there and done that,she is damn near 40 so take your nevative ass on

sanglikeme

I never comment on here but y'all are really losing it. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe she is just doing a feature for a friend and Tyrese is known to make more of something, especially on social media?

Then I saw people saying that maybe Brandy isn't the genius that she is... Smh. I think some of you are far too invested in her process while knowing NOTHING about it. She will always make great music. Yes I am ready to hear some new stuff too but keep calm. She is going to deliver at the end of the day.

I think I'll have to stop coming here for Brandy updates because y'all are going too far and for nothing at all. If I were her and I saw my own "hardcore fans" bashing me every fuckin day I wouldn't update them either...

iman

Like bitch seriously :plzstop: my heart is aching. What is happening.

iman

Quote from: Bentley! on October 27, 2015, 08:54:28 AM
"in the studio with the vocal bible, creating greatness! That new new sound even!"

And then we got fucking Two Eleven. Actually we got IABTM THEN TE

Same old fucking song and dance. The hype Brandy up show

Like, am sorry but Brandy is already hyped up to the max with starz. Star SHOWING us. We've had faith in you for YEARS.

So sick of seeing gotdamn producers and pigeons bragging about being in the studio with ha! Who the fuck cares?!

UGHHHHHHH

:stressed:

RAY7

I think this is all about Tyrese' album
nothing to do with Brandy besides maybe her doing a feature
and definitely not that 3 yrs part

SUPREME

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Herbie on October 27, 2015, 09:51:51 AM
I think the problem, for the starz at least, is that we're in an era of music where everything is becoming increasingly instantaneous for the fans of most artists. Mixtapes, EPs and even LPs being released in 6-12 month intervals in most cases. We must bear in mind that a lot of artists doing this are quite younger than GHan. I think her appearance may sometimes make us forget that she is a woman in her mid-30's, and is from an era of music where it was OK for fans to wait, and to make sure everything was "right" before releasing. Younger artists are much more spontaneous, which is something that is generally appreciated. More and more people crave raw mess. The less orchestrated, the better.

Another problem facing artists who are are a bit more old fashioned in their dealings is the rate in which we are introduced to new artists. Every week, I see a new artist popping up and gaining steam through the avenues of social media, blogs and Youtube. The flood gates are clearly open, and unless you are one of the gorls who are consistently running to make sure sandbags are laid properly to secure the foundation of their house from the rushing waters....

but brandy has to know this too and know that its not 1994 and you HAVE to do things differently.

iman

Quote from: ........ on October 27, 2015, 10:09:17 AM

Tyrese already released his album and he said it was his last.

RAY7

Quote from: iman on October 27, 2015, 10:11:26 AM
Quote from: ........ on October 27, 2015, 10:09:17 AM

Tyrese already released his album and he said it was his last.
everybody says that
then they get inspired again and come back
that's probably why he would say he's going make us wait 3 years
so it can at least look like he was done