Ccccvvgggg Jewel wasn?t having it huh?

Started by b7, December 01, 2017, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Quote from: XXX. on December 02, 2017, 01:32:25 PM
Quote from: emzen on December 01, 2017, 06:52:13 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 01, 2017, 05:15:16 PM
THIS IS SPOT ON! Like even in that "good" recent clip Ray posted. She was projecting but not singing if that makes sense. Like when Beyonce is singing that bitch is flat footed and confident in that vocal.  It's ALWAYS strong and supported. Mariah sounds a shaky, out of breath fool. This vanishing performance baph posted is probably the best mariah vocal I've heard. I've NEVER heard her give a strong, supported vocal.......until just then. But I know she sang better for those first couple of yrs she was out.  Mariah peaked vocally VERY early and I can't say why but she ain't fckn with these other girls.  Sorry

Full control from start to finish with spectacular projection & resonance.

This is DUBBED.  Mariah dubbed most of her 90's TV performances.

She still sounded great, but she would go in and fix flat or sharp notes.  And was notorious for doing so.

The undubbed sounds better.  :dead: 

GLOCK

Girls Bey is sorta the Queen of perfect vocals :gorlonfire:
Like FLAWLESS..

once she stopped that extra running and stuff
Omf-a!

If only she really FELT what she was singing ..

This bitch sings tho

Vonc2002

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on December 02, 2017, 04:41:11 PM
Oh wait... I hadn't read the whole thread

Vonc, you think Beyonc? is the best singer since Whitney?

Beyonc? Giselle Knowles?

Overall, yea. Alot of singers are limited in terms of versatility. I think there are singers that excel in their own genres but I feel like beyonce's can transform into whatever she needs it to. Fantasia, Jazmine, JDUD are good for what they're good for but lack versatility. I honestly think beyonce can sing anything
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: AGLOCKALYPSE on December 02, 2017, 04:59:09 PM
Girls Bey is sorta the Queen of perfect vocals :gorlonfire:
This!
None of the fantasias and jazmines have her IMPECCABLE technique. Singing is ALOT of shit and no one has it in spades like she does currently.  NO ONE! Some girls are good yellers, some are good runners, etc. Beyonce's voice encompasses ALL of that.  Like I like fantasia but she gets samey to me after a while. Same ol YELLING on everything. Like, do u have the ability to just hit a beautiful note?show the upper end of ur register with it being screams? That's what I'm talking about
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Gilgamesh.

I get your point but Being extremely versatile and being the best are not mutually exclusive. I just can't imagine Beyonc? in the same league as a Keke Wyatt or Ledisi, those are women that can do "anything" with their voices.

BAPHOMET.

:dead: Keke Wyatt and Ledisi being able to do "anything".

XXX.

Von, what is your opinion on this performance?  I don't think I've ever seen you talk about it.

This little battle between Celine and B!  :kii:

The way they kept lashing each other is so funny to me.

Vonc2002

December 02, 2017, 05:23:58 PM #202 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:27:10 PM by Vonc2002
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on December 02, 2017, 05:13:08 PM
I get your point but Being extremely versatile and being the best are not mutually exclusive. I just can't imagine Beyonc? in the same league as a Keke Wyatt or Ledisi, those are women that can do "anything" with their voices.
I think someone being able to use their voice in any way they want is part of being the best. Even keke and ledisi are limited IMO. They can't do all the things that beyonce can do. I think they definitely have alot of range and are crazy with THAT but I don't think they use their voices in all the ways that beyonce does or can

RAY7

Quote from: Baph al Mana. on December 02, 2017, 05:20:39 PM
:dead: Keke Wyatt and Ledisi being able to do "anything".
n !!! bad examples
they are the great screamers, but Bey's low register>>> theirs

Vonc2002

Quote from: XXX. on December 02, 2017, 05:22:27 PM
Von, what is your opinion on this performance?  I don't think I've ever seen you talk about it.

I actually watched this yesterday and was gonna post it because beyonce killed everyone.  That's why I love Celine because I actually think celine was praising her while singing and not competing. She was looking at her like "WOW sing, girl"

jtwoeleven

Ledisi isn't a 'screamer' tho, her weighty voice has good resonance and she has great control. She can do gospel, soul, jazz, opera but I get the point being made.

XXX.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 02, 2017, 05:26:45 PM
Quote from: XXX. on December 02, 2017, 05:22:27 PM

I actually watched this yesterday and was gonna post it because beyonce killed everyone.  That's why I love Celine because I actually think celine was praising her while singing and not competing. She was looking at her like "WOW sing, girl"

Look.  Let me look it as a little friendly competition, OK? JJDJJDNNNNNNN

But Beyonce was getting on my nerves with that ad-lib, "I'M TRYING HARD BUT I CAN'T STOP CRYING!"

Gor!  :kii: :plzstop:

Celine LASHED her a bit at 2:11.  And Bey LIVED! :omf:

Vonc2002

Like Honestly, beyonce can give u low baritone, she can give u clean precise vocals and sing some operatic, she can give u yelling, she can give u ghetto runs if u want, she can give a rap mess. Honestly no other girl can use their voice like she does, I'm sorry

Vonc2002

December 02, 2017, 05:30:47 PM #208 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:31:03 PM by Vonc2002
Quote from: jtwoeleven on December 02, 2017, 05:27:48 PM
Ledisi isn't a 'screamer' tho, her weighty voice has good resonance and she has great control. She can do gospel, soul, jazz, opera but I get the point being made.
I was actually gonna say, I can get with someone saying Ledisi sings better. Ledisi is quite amazing.

XXX.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 02, 2017, 05:29:33 PM
Like Honestly, beyonce can give u low baritone, she can give u clean precise vocals and sing some operatic, she can give u yelling, she can give u ghetto runs if u want, she can give a rap mess. Honestly no other girl can use their voice like she does, I'm sorry

:gorlonfire:

Glock, I'm falling for Von.  Your place ain't safe!