“Best. Christmas. Ever.” starring Brandy no. 1 on Netflix! Stream Now!

Started by Sovereign., July 29, 2023, 02:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCJ 🪐

It's a pretty standard Christmas movie. Not terrible but not very good either. It served its purpose
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Cowgirl

Justice Jackson

I really liked it. It's no worse than any other cheesy Christmas movie.

I love a princess switch mess lol. Those are better but yeah
Ketanji Jackson has come this far by faith.

Ketanji Brown will still beatcho ass.

Summertime

It's still the #1 movie. Within the next 3 months there should be several new press releases for Brandy. Her agent will be on the phones over this movie's success.

long-timeTheRoofFan

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: Summertime on November 19, 2023, 09:38:20 AMIt's still the #1 movie. Within the next 3 months there should be several new press releases for Brandy. Her agent will be on the phones over this movie's success.
i really need y'all to calm down LOL brandy's team isn't like that. Let's just enjoy her having the #1 movie on Netflix right now.

Summertime

Quote from: long-timeTheRoofFan on November 19, 2023, 09:39:58 AMI wouldn't hate Best Halloween Ever next year

I think she should start a production company. I want her to do what she truly loves though and not what others want for her, so she might not be interested in running a production company. However, a Best Ever series over the course of years could generate millions via a first look deal for her.

Summertime

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on November 19, 2023, 09:45:35 AM
Quote from: Summertime on November 19, 2023, 09:38:20 AMIt's still the #1 movie. Within the next 3 months there should be several new press releases for Brandy. Her agent will be on the phones over this movie's success.
i really need y'all to calm down LOL brandy's team isn't like that. Let's just enjoy her having the #1 movie on Netflix right now.

Brandy is repped by CAA, the top talent agency in the world. Her agent and agents use the success of a client's project as a way to get them more scripts. It's part of negotiations and talking points to studios, producers, and directors of why a client (actor) should be chosen for a role.

Justice Jackson

Ketanji Jackson has come this far by faith.

Ketanji Brown will still beatcho ass.

Ma Lo

Oh she finna get more movies and more money and I for one, am delighted.  It's her time and our time. The true fans that is.  :usuresis:

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: Summertime on November 19, 2023, 09:48:52 AM

Brandy is repped by CAA, the top talent agency in the world. Her agent and agents use the success of a client's project as a way to get them more scripts. It's part of negotiations and talking points to studios, producers, and directors of why a client (actor) should be chosen for a role.
ok. Maybe this is not related to CAA, but where was the promo the movie

Summertime

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on November 19, 2023, 10:58:37 AM
Quote from: Summertime on November 19, 2023, 09:48:52 AM

ok. Maybe this is not related to CAA, but where was the promo the movie

The acting agent's job is to get the roles.
The agent like the manager don't make money until their client books.
They get a percentage of their client's deals.
The promo falls on the studio and the actor's team.
The Access Hollywood interview was likely booked by Netflix PR since it was a joint interview with Heather. Netflix has been heavy with the promo on their socials and may have billboards for the movie up in LA and other cities.

With Brandy being the lead that changes everything. It's just like The Front Room's success will lead to more opportunities for her since she's the lead. Her agent will use that as a talking point and that will attract more role offers and position him or her to secure her more roles.