I gave CTRL an honest and unbiased listen.

Started by zaiye9837, February 27, 2020, 09:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaiye9837

It's maybe my third listen overall.

This time, I went in ignoring her voice since that was the main factor that prevented me from really settling in the first two times.

I underestimated her as a songwriter. A lot of the writing on this album was some of the best I've ever heard. Her melodies are very catchy as well.

Production wise, not much really stuck with me. I only liked a handful.

Pretty Little Birds, The Weekend, and Broken Clocks stood out to me the most, lyrically and sonically. I can see myself adding them to one of my playlists in the future.

She's not for me, but I've grown a new respect for her as an artist. I guess I understand the hype in a way.

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: I Used to Know Her on February 27, 2020, 09:05:02 PM

Production wise, not much really stuck with me. I only liked a handful.

Honestly? Not reading anything beyond this point.

MelMel

You can say this album is TRASH bruv. If not I will. 

Cowgirl

MelMel

You can also say Bow is about to get her ass beat :cmerefag:

reekz

I agree. The girls want an up to date Miseducation/Baduizm experience but this ain't it. Never was. 

Cowgirl

reekz

Buy The Stars✨

i havent givien her an honest chance myself ..TBH the few tracks yall have posted sucked and the live performances were evn worse.. is the album worth a listen

Cowgirl

Quote from: Troye on February 27, 2020, 09:54:27 PM
i havent givien her an honest chance myself ..TBH the few tracks yall have posted sucked and the live performances were evn worse.. is the album worth a listen
Took me about 3 tries to get into it but the album is amazing. From start to finish.

REALucid

I still play this album in its entirety at least once a week. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.
Used to write our names in car fog

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: RealMatic on February 27, 2020, 09:57:09 PM
I still play this album in its entirety at least once a week. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.
pretty much.

BAPHOMET.

Like.... "Broken Clocks" production ALONE :kii: come the fuck ON. 

MelMel

Quote from: RealMatic on February 27, 2020, 09:57:09 PM
m