Rodney Jerkins ranks his top 5 producers in music

Started by Brandy's Unconditional Ocean, October 22, 2020, 03:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowgirl

Quote from: brocka4life on October 23, 2020, 10:34:46 AM
I know y'all are going to let this man who has created music that has sold all over the world have an opinion on who HIS Top 5 producers are. Especially when producing music is what he's done almost all his life. Everything doesn't need to be dissected and debated.  :dead:
b

That's not what we do around here. Drag this fat nigger or GET dragged.

Ma Lo

Ma Lo

October 24, 2020, 01:22:50 PM #18 Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 01:23:07 PM by Ntwadumela

This shits all over Positions. Rodney wide ass knows wassup. Max is the best.

Eh...

Quote from: 𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉 on October 23, 2020, 08:08:01 AM
Well, he's listing producers.
And I think he was talking about crossing over in terms of working with artists from different genres.
If we're looking at Timbaland.. he did songs with Ashlee Simpson, Chris Cornell, Björk and Madonna.
Kudos to JD for staying true to his sound, but I don't see the crossover Rodney was talking about. :dead:

If that's the case who did max martin crossover with? I only remember him working with pop acts. JD has produced top songs in r&b, hip hop, and pop (some people consider Janet pop lol)

But
JD work on emancipation of MiMi & Confessions alone should be crossover enough
Eh... 🤷🏾‍♂️

Musicboy88

I feel like he didn't choose Timbaland because he samples lol

𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉

Quote from: Eh... on October 24, 2020, 02:41:36 PM
And I think he was talking about crossing over in terms of working with artists from different genres.
If we're looking at Timbaland.. he did songs with Ashlee Simpson, Chris Cornell, Björk and Madonna.
Kudos to JD for staying true to his sound, but I don't see the crossover Rodney was talking about. :dead:

If that's the case who did max martin crossover with? I only remember him working with pop acts. JD has produced top songs in r&b, hip hop, and pop (some people consider Janet pop lol)

But
In this interview Rodney said Max worked on the latest The Weeknd album.

Eh...

Quote from: 𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉 on October 24, 2020, 06:44:41 PM
Quote from: Eh... on October 24, 2020, 02:41:36 PM

But
In this interview Rodney said Max worked on the latest The Weeknd album.
Yeah he been worked with the weeknd...I think he did can't feel my face

We don't consider the weeknd pop anymore?
Eh... 🤷🏾‍♂️

𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉

He def didn't start as a pop artist on Trilogy and Kiss Land.

Eh...

Quote from: 𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉 on October 24, 2020, 08:40:38 PM
He def didn't start as a pop artist on Trilogy and Kiss Land.
Oh I agree with you there but I thought everyone considers him pop now, I rarely even hear his songs on r&b/hip hop stations anymore it's like he stopped sending them to them or they just don't play them
Eh... 🤷🏾‍♂️