Meek Mill gets brought to tears

Started by Cowgirl, December 15, 2023, 08:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeSoul.

shante smith

my heart truly goes out to the young black men who see their loved ones in and out of prison
it definitely "normalizes" it. and that's so dangerous

like going to prison and having run-ins with police is part of everyday life

and once they get in trouble for something, they're labeled. especially if it's a felony
then they have issues finding good jobs, which means being tempted to find alternative ways to make more money.

what he's saying - this cycle he's speaking to, is so real.

i've seen it happen so many times in the hood
and it's just one of the reasons i feel that hetero black men need support, understanding and protection sometimes too.

DopeSoul.

Quote from: CHUN LI on December 15, 2023, 08:17:56 PMmy heart truly goes out to the young black men who see their loved ones in and out of prison

and once they get in trouble for something, they're labeled. especially if it's a felony
then they have issues finding good jobs, which means being tempted to find alternative ways to make more money.

and it's just one of the reasons i feel that hetero black men need support, understanding and protection sometimes too.

n

shante smith

Quote from: DopeSoul. on December 15, 2023, 08:19:23 PM
Quote from: CHUN LI on December 15, 2023, 08:17:56 PMmy heart truly goes out to the young black men who see their loved ones in and out of prison

n
lmkijnphoubgyivf6tucd57ryest465rwa4eyqt3 :disgusted:

shante smith

December 15, 2023, 08:28:00 PM #5 Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 08:31:10 PM by CHUN LI
i just looked into the details

and this is really gonna help people who were locked up for dumb shit like weed possession.

its honestly crazy to know so many lives were ruined by a drug thats now becoming legal/non-criminal across the country

and the sad part is that what was done years ago to those people who are much much older now - just can't be undone.
but this gives hope to the newer generations

meanwhile, a highly intoxicating substance like alcohol has been sold with no issues this entire time.
even as things like death by DUI remained a real problem

it really shows how much power the government has in demonizing and un-demonizing something.
regardless of its actual potential for danger

QuoteThe other bill allows courts to seal records of non-violent drug felonies with a minimum sentence of under 2 1/2 years in prison and or a maximum sentence of under five years.

Under the state's existing Clean Slate law, it also allows the sealing of certain nonviolent felonies for those who are conviction-free for 10 years and reduces the waiting period for automated sealing of misdemeanors to seven years, rather than 10 years.

Both bills emerged as part of a nationwide reconsideration of the criminal justice system, to help people leaving incarceration resume their lives and find jobs more easily.

Cowgirl

Meek might be a disgusting person and he's an abuser but this is the first time I've felt anything for him. No excuse for his actions but it really shows how much these "thugs" are genuinely broken.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw