Previous topic - Next topic

Should the bvy DC sniper get parole?

Yes, he was 16 and manipulated by older man to commit crimes
2 (66.7%)
No, he knew it was wrong and still did it
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

shante smith

August 07, 2022, 11:04:35 PM Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 11:11:45 PM by Kat Brazil
First and foremost, lemme say that I was watching "I, Sniper" on Hulu and BITCH it's fucking good.
i had to stop watching once it started getting dark though cuz it's too chilling and I'll pick it up tomorrow.

but it's def a must-watch.

I remember the story of those snipers but I was just a kid and didn't really know what really happened aside from me being shocked they were Black and not White :omf:

But the older sniper basically pulled the 16 year old into his mess. Then 16 year-old Lee Malvo didn't have his parents around, was hopping from house to house, no stability and basically found a father figure in this man who eventually used that trust and need for love to PULL him into doing what he asked.

Ultimately he assisted in a killing spree that left over 20 people dead across the country - most highly concentrated in the DC area.

The older sniper was executed in 2009 after getting death penalty. However, younger sniper (Lee) was spared and sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.

But, a new law passed in Maryland in 2021 opens up the possibility of parole. Should he get it?

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/legal/dc-sniper-lee-boyd-malvo-seeks-sentencing-relief-juvenile-offender-release-eligible-parole-supreme-court-ruling-juveniles-life-sentences-maryland/65-0fd667f2-072d-4ca4-9b7c-0200b0ab53ad

CHOKE

Who hasn't been manipulated by an older man at some point?

Lock ha ass up

Kalifornia.

I say give him another chance. He was young and heavily influenced by his figure of authority.

Kalifornia.

Ddy & I could've played Bonnie & Clyde a bit too :caramelapple:

Killa Kipp

August 09, 2022, 06:08:29 PM #4 Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 06:31:21 PM by Killa Kipp
Iono.  I believe in rehabilitation but like if that was my mom dad sister or brother I would have no remorse

It's a fiancé.....
💍

Eat ya fucking 🥢 ♥️ out....
😝😝😝

#SpicyPrinceCharming
#KippDaddy

shante smith

August 09, 2022, 06:09:40 PM #5 Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 06:10:41 PM by Kat Brazil
Quote from: Kalifornia. on August 09, 2022, 06:04:05 PMI say give him another chance. He was young and heavily influenced by his figure of authority.
i honestly felt this way

but as im watching more of this "i, sniper" mess....

im slowly changing my mind. its putting me in the shoes of the families and making me think of how i'd feel if that were a loved one of mine that was a victim of their spree. the way they carried this mess out is fucking chilling.

like i literally have to stop watching when it gets dark and continue the next day.

im kinda torn now.

Cowgirl