Ray J on Breakfast Club

Started by RAY7, March 20, 2024, 09:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

March 20, 2024, 11:57:52 AM #15 Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 11:58:17 AM by Annie
Quote from: Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾 on March 20, 2024, 11:40:04 AMHe's right about that tour. It's easy money. Both are silly not to do it. I know the Monica stans about to drag him about her opening first though.

See it's already a competition, this is why a tour will never happen. You can't say Monica will have to perform first because Brandy in his eyes won the Verzus.

I also don't know about his 100 million prediction, he sounds a bit manic (too hyped, delusional?) to me..of course I wish it could be that successful.. the Verzuz hype was cool (pandemic was perfect timing for that concept) and I hope they made a lot of money from it (merch, music sales, a stake in the company)...but they don't have the same moment of hype now. And Verzuz itself is not as popular anymore.

I don't think it is easy to arrange a tour and expect it to be the next Eras or Renaissance tour. Ray's got a lot of big dreams and plans; it's great he got the success with Raycon and other products but it's also important to be realistic. Touring is expensive. I hope they will do it for the love of music, not because they expect big money.

/.\

Annie

Quote from: Young on March 20, 2024, 11:55:36 AMThat trailer is one of the lowest of vibrations I have ever seen.

Won't be watching :dead:

But omg the tour should happen.

I like Ray's idea but I also hear Charla' and Envy's point. It should be a co headlined tea to where :

Mya Opens

Monica comes out for 20/30 mins
Bran comes out for 30 mins
Mon comes back out
Brandy closes and IABTM AND TBIM are sung last

Exactly they will end up like SWV vs Xscape if they focus too much on which artist is more successful. It's a lot of ego. They should avoid that and try to do a show together. Your idea is realistic and a way to celebrate both ladies.

/.\

Young

Quote from: Annie on March 20, 2024, 11:57:52 AM
Quote from: Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾 on March 20, 2024, 11:40:04 AMHe's right about that tour. It's easy money. Both are silly not to do it. I know the Monica stans about to drag him about her opening first though.

See it's already a competition, this is why a tour will never happen. You can't say Monica will have to perform first because Brandy in his eyes won the Verzus.

That part.

Mon is definitely not about to be a part of any MESS. And making it a competition from the start isn't the way to go. It's gonna be an automatic no because the fans will fall right back into '98
Ch..

Ma Lo

Lazarus

The tour would be a great idea since both are celebrating their 30 years in the game but egos will be prevent this though.

Also, I think it'd be dope if they paid homage to Aaliyah during intermission or something since she's celebrating her 30 year legacy as well. Make it a trinity homage. They all had cordial relationships with each other.

As far as openers I'd say Mya she would be a great opener but toss in maybe Nicole Wray, Tevin Campbell, Shanice, Tracie Spencer bridge/merge that gap.

The definition

Give it up Ray, Brandy retired from touring

Summertime

In a recent Tyrese interview with Joe Budden, Ray J was brought up in comparison to Tyrese and he didn't like that.
Maybe their beef goes back to childhood.

Ray J should have opened up his wallet a little more to produce quality content for his network.

Last year when discussing his network he was against trash reality tv, but it being cheap to produce might be why he changed his stance.

Young

March 20, 2024, 03:24:17 PM #22 Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 03:26:41 PM by Young
Quote from: Lazarus on March 20, 2024, 12:27:13 PMThe tour would be a great idea since both are celebrating their 30 years in the game but egos will be prevent this though.

Also, I think it'd be dope if they paid homage to Aaliyah during intermission or something since she's celebrating her 30 year legacy as well. Make it a trinity homage. They all had cordial relationships with each other.

As far as openers I'd say Mya she would be a great opener but toss in maybe Nicole Wray, Tevin Campbell, Shanice, Tracie Spencer bridge/merge that gap.

Omg adding Tevin & Aaliyah tribute would be iconic actually

Cowboy Nine

This network looks like more ghetto nonsense.

He should be ashamed of himself.

Lazarus

shante smith

.;p],lk[ojip'h8u;gy9fl68tud57rsxeta5e

not yall in here pokin at GHan when Mon is even annoyed with and over this tour talk mess

BAPHOMET.

To be fair... It wouldve been nice for both of them.
Both are basically in the same spot and neither is bigger than the other so it would've been a perfect Joint mess.
However.. this ghetto janky shit that RayJ has done has killed anything possibility.

and good for Monica tbh. Being on this nicki tour is getting her more exposure/money than a complete nostalgia duo tour splitting the lil coin 40 ways

NEW MOON

Maybe they can do a show together. A whole tour would probably be a mess.

Summertime

March 20, 2024, 10:20:46 PM #28 Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 10:22:41 PM by Summertime
Quote from: Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾 on March 20, 2024, 11:33:36 AMHaters really get me man. Jess was so bothered to give Ray his flowers about being the King of reality.  "I would give you king of behind the scenes" guh shut up!

Ray J has been omnipresent on reality since his dating show. And it's sad if he was white he would be much more respected.

I would give him the king of reality tv title as well. He knows how to get into reality tv character.

I think it is smart though how he didn't become settled with being a reality star and started to migrate into producing and creating reality tv. He and Princess Love created at least one TV show for Zeus.

He has some type of Viacom or BET deal which he's spoken about.

Harlem

March 20, 2024, 11:27:30 PM #29 Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 11:33:48 PM by Harlem
Quote from: Lazarus on March 20, 2024, 12:27:13 PMThe tour would be a great idea since both are celebrating their 30 years in the game but egos will be prevent this though.

!!!

I def like an Aaliyah tribute and have Fatima Robinson be the creative director of the tour so she can implement a dance intermission for Liy and also get Bran, Mo & Mya together

I would prefer a all female tour and throw Kelis in the mix to rep all the flavor of the mid-late teen '90 girls who had impact