Wow BET are some dumb bitches

Started by AIDS!, October 29, 2015, 07:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Wow,  so if we don't even have "our network" to turn to then afckn WHO!?!? i have fckn NEVER!  Not BLACK entertainment television not airing something for fear of getting whitey mad :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

The Brandy Barbie

Did TV1 cover any of it because they are a black owned network...

RekeRig

Quote from: Herbie on October 29, 2015, 08:05:15 AM
I'm torn on this one.

Based on this article, I can understand why BET may be moving toward a more neutral (but not necessarily totally neutral) stance on something like this. But I have to do my own research on what this Million March stands for before I can totally be for or against this move.
I'm quite sure it's about more than encouraging violence against white people. :plzstop:
its just weird because ...  Did they forget what BET stands for in the first place? It's sad

RekeRig

QuoteI understand they want to have a more diversified audience but you still carry the name "Black Entertainment". So as long as that name sticks, covering issues in black culture should still be its misson. If not simply change the name.
period

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: BigDawg on October 29, 2015, 08:11:01 AM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on October 29, 2015, 08:04:39 AM
QuoteWhite people are our biggest audience and I think it would be idiotic for to offend them.

n

wow
J

Since when  :plzstop:

vbbbbbbbbbbbbvbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbvbbbbbbvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

They are out of it.

Herb.

Quote from: RIG on October 29, 2015, 03:03:33 PM
Quote from: Herbie on October 29, 2015, 08:05:15 AM
I'm torn on this one.

Based on this article, I can understand why BET may be moving toward a more neutral (but not necessarily totally neutral) stance on something like this. But I have to do my own research on what this Million March stands for before I can totally be for or against this move.
I'm quite sure it's about more than encouraging violence against white people. :plzstop:
its just weird because ...  Did they forget what BET stands for in the first place? It's sad
this wouldn't be the first time that a network strayed away from its core mission to an extent in order to bring in or retain broader audiences.

I think it's just that this station holds such an emotional place in our hearts because of obvious reasons. So many of us hold it to a more stringent standard when it comes to making sure the mission remains the same.

But from a business perspective, i totally get it. 

Miranda

idk if BET fits its name. I would find it very reductive and weird to basically have an urban VH1 be the poster child network for black people.

asdfghjkl

BET was owned by a black man but Viacom paid him 3 BILLION dollars for it

AIDS!

Quote from: asdfghjkl on October 29, 2015, 05:54:00 PM
BET was owned by a black man but Viacom paid him 3 BILLION dollars for it
oh shit

Miranda

That is basic knowledge, I would have thought. He is one of the only African American self made billionaires, they included him on some MTV docu-series I remember.

Actually I don't even think if BET today would be worth that much, so it was not a bad deal.

AIDS!

iman

It's all a part of the plan. They don't want us to unite.

Miranda

Quote from: asdfghjkl on October 29, 2015, 06:04:03 PM
Quote from: Miranda on October 29, 2015, 06:00:01 PM
That is basic knowledge

It is ?  :uhh:

I would have assumed so. I always connect BET with it creating I think the only male black billionaire in entertainment until Dr. Dre.