Ghana takes first steps to decolonize

Started by AIDS!, October 29, 2015, 08:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miranda

AIDS!

Unless they put goat meat in between the biscuits
It's the same damn thing :uhh:

Herb.

October 29, 2015, 09:19:30 AM #34 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:22:26 AM by Herbie
You guys are so lucky. You're actually able to trace where a LOT of your ancestors are from in Africa.
I'm actually more African than many African Americans. :justabit: my European slavemaster admixture is relatively moderate.
But the African ancestory paper trail for African Americans usually ends at the Atlantic ocean. :dead: :dead: :udontlookok: :stressed:
Later on I might hire a professional genealogist to really dig in and find some more information for me. I'm sure there has to be something they can do. Surely more than I can.

So far I can only dig back to my native ancestors in America. That's pretty easy. And I'm thankful for that, and grateful.
But I want to know more. :justabit:

Stuff like this pisses me off. Why does our history have to be stripped from us, but Becky can easily research her 15th great grandfather from Scotland with two clicks here and there :dead: :dead: And yes the question is obviously rhetorical but :fuming:

Herb.

now I'm getting emotional. :dead:

i can see why some people hate whites. i'm sorry :dead: I mean I don't, but I am low key FUMING right now. just thinking of this. ya'll get me started this morning :dead:

I am able to sort of separate past instances from the present (while of course acknowledging the present existence of mess that went down years ago), but I am a very friendly, warm and kind hearted person. I can see why it's so easy for others to wanna choke crackers :dead:

Miranda

Making the Ashanti gurs learn Ga would make things even worse. They'd have to find instructors for each language to get the native tongue = better learning effect.

AIDS!

AIDS!

October 29, 2015, 09:36:09 AM #39 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:41:12 AM by RED
Quote from: Herbie on October 29, 2015, 09:25:39 AM

i can see why some people hate whites. i'm sorry :dead: I mean I don't, but I am low key FUMING right now. just thinking of this. ya'll get me started this morning :dead:

I am able to sort of separate past instances from the present (while of course acknowledging the present existence of mess that went down years ago), but I am a very friendly, warm and kind hearted person. I can see why it's so easy for others to wanna choke crackers :dead:
I've had some bad experiences with white people
From living with them, to working and going to school with them
It's their unwillingness to understand bigotry, and their strong desire to defend anything remotely rascist or stereotypical
'Oh it's funny!' 'Lighten up!' 'So uptight
They don't realise these stereotypes and caricatures are harmless to societies
They'll never understand that
From the racsist caricatures of other cultures, religions and races to their 'branding' everyone 2 shades darker than their pale skin with the same brush

Stewie

October 29, 2015, 09:37:05 AM #40 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:37:57 AM by Stewie

nah they dont

they can do english --> the new native tongue

AIDS!

I guess students can suscribe to the language they would like to learn, with English being secondary?
I don't knew where y'all are getting 'getting rid of English completely for 1 of 4 native languages' from :uhh:
And why would they further want to assimilate into western culture by learning French?
But a little imagination goes a long ass way

Herb.

Quote from: RED on October 29, 2015, 09:36:09 AM
Quote from: Herbie on October 29, 2015, 09:25:39 AM

I've had some bad experiences with white people
From living with them, to working and going to school with them
It's their unwillingness to understand bigotry, and their strong desire to defend anything remotely rascist or stereotypical
'Oh it's funny!' 'Lighten up!' 'So uptight
They don't realise these stereotypes and caricatures are harmless to societies
They'll never understand that
From the racsist caricatures of other cultures, religions and races to their 'branding' everyone 2 shades darker than their pale skin with the same brush
:stressed:

Miranda

U don't assimilate you just learn a language.

AIDS!